I feel sad being home with my baby alone...advice?

Hey mommas need advice…we currently have a 6 & 5 yr old who are in school all day, we recently welcomed out 3rd and last one on Fri Sept 1st…my husband is such a BIG help…but unfortunately he will be going back to work on Monday (wish there was paternity leave) the thought of me being home with baby just makes me feel so alone and sad not sure why…anyone else feel this way?

14 Likes

kind of sounds like ppd :frowning:

I was never stuck inside because it was only me and the baby. Got a stroller or carrier? Go for a walk, explore you community, go to the park.

4 Likes

i did. i had PPA. might be a good idea to let your doc know you’re feeling this way and get out and do stuff with the little one as much as you can. :heart:

1 Like

It’s possible you could just be experiencing baby blues. I just had my third baby in march of this year and the baby blues seemed to last longer this go around than my previous two. Everything made me sad.

Getting out of the house will do you some good. Go for a walk, go to the park, or go to the store. If you have any other mama friends, see if they’d like to meet up. It will get better once you get into a routine after y’all transition back into him going to work. 🫶🏼

1 Like

Maybe you can join a woman’s group. Or later a Baby and me class. Be happy you are home. You could be going back to work too. :heart:

It’s definitely a weird transition. I panicked with my husband going back to work but we walked the mall daily and went to lunch etc. to stay busy. It’s definitely easier when they get a little older because you can go to more mommy and me things. 

The best thing is to get out of the house - just walk around a couple local stores in town. That’s what I did. Luckily we had a mild winter when my daughter was born so I could and I loved it. I had the baby blues too so it helped a lot. Mention it to your doctor if that’s going on too. Nap with your baby. Play with them. Take corny picture sessions with them. Dance together. Do it all. :heart:

He should get 5 weeks paternal leave!

1 Like

Who said you have to stay home? Put baby in a stroller/carrier and go wonder around town while the older ones are in school… visit family, go sightseeing with your baby… seek out mommy and me groups, etc… There’s no reason you should stay home if there are a million reasons for you to go out…

1 Like

Sounds like you have a touch of the baby blues. Totally normal momma. Please reach out to your doctor , get in touch with some new mom groups, talk to your husband and your bestie

I went all my pregnancys thinking I had to be stuck in the house. Just no. Get a carrier that goes on u. Both u go wonder round the mall. Go hiking. Go visit family. U do not need to stay home just because of a baby. Think of that baby as ur new bestie and just get up and go

27 Likes

I wish I had the baby days back…my baby boys are 35…33.23 and 13…I know it feels like so much right now but believe me it goes so fast…hang in there mama and enjoy your babies …:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::england:

1 Like

Definitely go talk to your Dr about these feelings.

Post partum depression, should talk to your dr

to anyone laughing at this, you a h**

this is very common. find a way to cope, therapy may be something. theirs a lot of online things going on for it too.
do things that get you and baby out n about. even the smallest things at first. it will make a difference in the long run

Could be post partum depression. I would mention it to your o.b/doctor so they can help. It will be an adjustment period, but you can do it momma.

9 Likes

You sound depressed. Post Partum depression is a real condition. Contact your Dr. and tell him how your are feeling.

9 Likes

Have you talked with your doctor about this feeling?

I panicked a little when my now husband went back after his 12 weeks off. I also got diagnosed with PPA. I tried to get out and walk with him in a carrier to distract myself.

Volunteer at you children’s school. Go for a walk. Go to parks. Take your lunch and eat there. Lots of moms there. Hard when hubby goes back. Anyone to meet for lunch?

Then, take the baby and leave the house. It’s pretty simple if you have public trans or the ability to drive.