I feel terrible, but I don't love my husband

It’s important for children to see their parents find, and be in, love. The most loving thing you could do is separate in the most respectful way possible. Let your husband know he deserves someone that will fall head over heels in love with him. I think the best thing you can do is continue to treat him with respect and show him the love you’re capable of, but you don’t have to stay together. Even if it hurts him now, when he does find the relationship that completely fulfills him, he’ll thank you for your honesty and stepping aside. Continue to allow him to be in your son’s life as much as he wants to and don’t infringe on his new journey and life. Good coparenting is more healthy for a child to see than two people not being honest and staying in a situation that doesn’t fulfill them.

I could have written this…40 years ago.this was me! I divorced him, remarried… Divorced after 25 years and now thinking about the guy who loved me more than anyone has ever loved me. Number one was one of a kind and I couldn’t love him. Now I would fight for him. Think twice sweetheart is all I’m saying.

4 Likes

I’m sorry but especially a boy needs a good father role model then he needs his mother. Give him primary custody and go find yourself. I think after kissing a few toads and being treated like crap you will realize the grass isn’t greener on the other side. Your husband will have probably moved on with someone that appreciates him and isn’t always looking for that fairy tale spark that literally doesn’t exist by then but too bad. Grow up Peter Pan, life isn’t a fairy tale story. Love is something you do not something that falls out of tge sky. Honestly a person like that don’t deserve a good man like your husband anyways.

That must be a really hard situation. I’m sorry you are going through this.
If y’all would be better as friends there is no reason you can’t co-parent well as friends. Your child will do best when both parents are happy. 50/50 custody, sure it will be hard, but perhaps for the better. There can never be too many good people in your son’s life that love him ya know? Try not to be so hard on yourself. You’re only human. Your happiness matters too. Your hubs can’t be too happy atm either. I’ve been with someone who didn’t love me back and it sucks so bad. Probably the best thing you can do for him is set him free.