I feel terrible, but I don't love my husband

Awe Babes it sounds like you really tried to make it work. You have been honest with him and told him you don’t love him like that. You can HAVE love for someone and not be IN love with said person. I think you already know the answer. It’s time to start doing things that make you happy too. You cup needs to be filled to be able to pour into others :heart:

2 Likes

Go to counseling-do it for you

1 Like

No one has the right to eat you alive! Your feelings are yours so own them no matter what anyone else says. Your current situation has nothing to do with your s/o being a good man or father to y’all’s son… it’s about the relationship that the two of you have. A lot of people go through their life accepting and staying in a relationship just because…and never do anything to change for the sake of their own happiness.Your son is young and will adapt to you and his Dad being just friends, that are able to co-parent in separate homes. It may take a bit for hurt feelings to be at the point of good friends but if you don’t do something now, your child will suffer later with two parents that would most definitely become bitter and argue a lot. Is that the kind of environment that you want your child to grow up in? You have to be selfish for yourself so that your child will see a happy mom!

1 Like

Okay I have advice but need go say this first.
YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO FIGHT TO LOVE SOMEONE! Love just comes. You shouldn’t have to make it work. Shouldn’t have to fight to love them. If you actually love someone the relationship isn’t work :roll_eyes:. But you need to do what’s best for you. Otherwise you’re just gonna suffer the next 15 years til the kid is 18. Talk to him. Like sit down and talk without phones or anything distracting you and tell him how you feel without him interrupting that way if y’all decide to divorce then at least he has the closure of knowing how you feel and why it’s happening and it might make co parenting and the divorce easier

3 Likes

You both deserve to be happy. Trust me, I’m saying this from experience, if you want any chance of maintaining a good coparenting relationship end it now before you really hurt one another. My ex and I split up when our daughter was 3. We weren’t happy anymore and I ended it before we ended up hurting one another in ways that were unrepairable. We have an amazing coparenting relationship, one that everyone we know admires. We’re still good friends. Our daughter is now 12. Im married, we recently bought a house and just had a baby a week ago. He recently got engaged and they bought a house together. We’re both very happy and our daughter is happy and absolutely loves her big blended family. If you care for him at all, which it sounds like you do, be honest with him. He deserves happiness as much as you do. If you drag it out and cause each other a lot of pain and anguish it’ll be so hard to salvage any friendship at all and have that good coparenting relationship that so many people are unable to achieve.

1 Like

This is why you don’t have unprotected sex with “just friends” that you have no connection with . Now the child ends up the victim because of your irresponsibility and you led that man on by sleeping with him when you knew you didn’t even like him like that . :woman_facepalming:t4:

You may be looking for some magical fairy tale ending that doesn’t exist. If you’ve been in abusive relationships you may find calm contentment dull. You sound like you do love him. You don’t say whether you have a sexual relationship with him. Ask yourself how you’d feel if he wasn’t around. If it’s relief then you need to call it a day. If it’s that you’d miss him, even if he’s annoying, then I’d say that’s love. Relationships are hard but not in the way you think.

18 Likes

Sometimes the advice on here is horrible. You have half these people saying stay in an unhappy relationship, and the rest saying he’s too good, or go find happiness.
I suggest you figure out what’s lacking before you do ANYTHING. Some stuff is workable, some is not. Is it the chemistry? Did there used to be chemistry? Is it a lack of passion? Do you feel like his mother instead of his partner? Could it be a manifesting of PPD? Do you feel not good enough for him? Do you ha e issues with commitment? Are you bored? Why are you bored? What are you going to go out into the world looking for? With counseling and guidance, can that be found between the 2 of you? Is he in love with you?? Does he want it to work? Maybe opening the relationship would help. Bottom line, until you know what is missing, you have no idea if you can make this relationship work or not. This post was so vague. I think you have a lot more to explore before you make any big decisions. Maybe get counseling for yourself and work out what you think and feel and where this comes from, first. Then include him and go from there.

16 Likes

Good for you for trying to make it work but don’t stay with him just for your child your happiness is always needed and if you need to be separate then so be it! I know its hard but just talk to him it sounds like he will always be in your child’s life which is a wonderful thing separate or together❤ good luck

1 Like

Well,before you run off , have you considered co parenting. Living together as friends and being parents. (Being In Love ) is a bit over rated
No one has infatuation all the time. Marriage is work. Relationships are not always joyous. But talk to him about having seperate love life’s while staying together. He may be into it

3 Likes

If you don’t love him, he deserves that chance to have a life with someone that does. Holding onto him as a partner isn’t doing anyone any favors, and eventually your child will pick up on it. Have a real conversation, make a co-parenting plan and let the relationship go so both of you can move on and be the best parents you can be for your young child.

1 Like

Be careful it’s slim pickings out there. Good men are very hard to find.

11 Likes

It’s really more important that you and your S/O put your child’s interest before your own. He needs both of you, especially his dad because he needs a male role model. You and S/O can grow your relationship into a loving, committed union. If it is important enough to you that is what you will concentrate on instead of your complaints. I promise you that if you do this you will both grow and years later you will be grateful you did.

4 Likes

Love is not a feeling. Love is a verb.

Romantic feelings come and go.

You have a loving man who is a wonderful father.

Who when you say you aren’t happy steps you.

Give him a chance. Grass is not greener on the other side. I promise you if you walk away from this man you will eventually wish you hadn’t.

7 Likes

I married my ex because I was pregnant so I know how u feel but u can’t make urself love someone.If u stay ur son will feel the strain u feel.
Children can have a very good relationship with both parents even if u separate

3 Likes

Relationship therapy- go together before you rip the fam apart.

1 Like

Seek counseling, before you make a move. Forever love isn’t fantasy love

1 Like

You got be honest with him and tell him how it is. To make this short, she deserve to be loved and so do you. You can be friends and co parent. But you both deserve to be love and to live life to the fullest. Love isn’t always butterfly and sunshine. Love is so much calmer, kinder, forgiving and loving even when your not there with that person.

Life is not always greener on the other side…be careful!!!

2 Likes

I have 2 children with my ex. He’s a great guy and a great father. We just grew in 2 different directions and became incompatible. The best thing we did was separate for our kids, we never fought just took different paths. Now we coparent, it’s not easy but it’s much more heathy

1 Like

You can’t force love.

Also, staying in an unhealthy marriage teaches your children the wrong things about love.

He deserves someone who can’t live without him and you deserve to have your soul set on fire because of the amount you love them.

BUT, I also kind of agree with one of the above comments that say “it isn’t always greener on the other side”… it’s so hard to find guys that are genuine and sweet and good fathers these days. You may regret it.

Then again, if you leave and you two were meant to be together then it will be.

Good luck. Sorry if my comment only left you more confused. :crazy_face:

You can’t force something that isn’t there.