I found out my boyfriend cheated at the beginning of our relationship: Thoughts?

Love is blind !..and apparently also deaf !..amazes me people think they deserve so little :no_good_man:

Had exact same story found out more and more crap each phone search. Run.

If he said leave that basically says he doesnā€™t want you hun. Itā€™s hard to believe but trust me when you leave a narcissist, you feel so much more liberated and much more like yourself x

1 Like

Just donā€™t get knocked up by him!!!..if you plan on staying, cuz it would be a Great Mistakeā€¦cuz he wouldnā€™t be there for youā€¦or another option Leave him

Read up on narcissistic behavior.

ā€™ He told me he was a selfish person, and still is to an extent. He said he didnā€™t really consider us serious until the end of summer 2018ā€™ ā€˜Because heā€™s still telling me I deserve better and should leaveā€™ ā€˜But he is kinda narcissistic, so it makes sense, I supposeā€™- Run run run RUN RUN. Narcā€™s will DESTROY you in the end

1 Like

if you donā€™t trust him, leave him, Why are you asking others for what you should do with your life??? This is your life, either trust him or not. Plain & simple.

When they say they donā€™t deserve you but they want you, leave. Find someone who you can be on the same page with from the get go. Donā€™t let the little moments that confuse you keep you there.

If he is telling you, that you deserve better and you should leave.

He isnā€™t being truly honest with you. He is holding something back.

1 Like

Hmmmmā€¦well the fact that you feel the need to go through his phoneā€¦ pretty much says it all. And if you are insecure just because you are an insecure personā€¦ maybe you should figure out how to get secure. If you are insecure because of the way he is in the relationshipā€¦ you should leaveā€¦ he isnt going to change.

He left his old phone for you to go thru it, maybe itā€™s time for you to move on. If he make you feel insecure youā€™re wasting time with him.

What about therapy? How old are you guys? I have found that younger insecure men will act in such ways. I missed part of it im sure. Was any of it physical?

Heā€™s a narcissist, heā€™s telling you to leave and that you deserve better so do better and leave. Heā€™s making himself the victim. Do some research on narcissistic relationships. They donā€™t end well.

If you donā€™t trust him you donā€™t need him.

You shouldnā€™t have even looked in his phone in the first place. Then it was that long ago?.. Heā€™s basically telling you he wonā€™t completely change so just leave him you donā€™t want to but you want an explanation and he gave you oneā€¦ He didnā€™t consider yall as dating. Iā€™m not understanding what more youā€™re wanting.

You probably should do what your head is telling you to do. Iā€™m sure you know that this wonā€™t be a happy situation for you . Him saying you deserve better and leave is his way of telling you are not all that special to him. People like him donā€™t have the decency of just telling you how he feels or wants. Donā€™t mean to sound harsh but heā€™s just not that much into you. If he was he would beg you to stay. Cut your losses and move on donā€™t waste another minute on someone that just canā€™t tell you the truth

2 Likes

I stopped reading after she said she wasnā€™t leaving-bye

Thatā€™s hurtful, but ultimately the decision is yours no matter what anyone here says. If you can forgive him and you love him enough AND he feels remorse and he loves you, go for it. If not, leave the relationship on decent terms and call it quits while itā€™s not nasty.

1 Like

If you want my opinion nothing good comes from any relationship dealing with a narcissistic person. Iā€™m sorry to be blunt but it is probably to your best interest that you part ways now and try to end it on a good note.

7 Likes

Run and never look back. You DO deserve better!!! From a psychological point of view, heā€™s telling you that you can do better solely b/c of what heā€™s doing behind your back. Think of this, he has many secrets, you probably discovered maybe 5% of them leaving 95% you havenā€™t discovered.
As a narcissist, the attention you provide him, no matter how much, will NEVER, and I mean NEVER be enough and he WILL seek added attention else where.
YOU DESERVE BETTER!

5 Likes

I loved a narcisst in fact I still do but it took 4 years after a very painful departure to realize that nothing was what it seemed. If he is a narcisst, supply for their egos is whatā€™s important and the cheating just comes naturally for them. Iā€™m sorry but my opinion is to run as fast as you can in the other direction. Breaking up with a narcisst leaves devastating scars the longer you stay.

A narcissist will provoke you to cause a response so they can then turn it around and blame it all on you.

1 Like

Sounds like he is trying to do right by you if he stopped once he realized yā€™all were going to be together. If heā€™s a good guy and heā€™s trying why not leave the past in the past.

2 Likes

Iā€™d leave. He showed, and told, you his true colors. This will forever haunt you and cause resentment to be laced through everything moving forward whether you intend for it to or not. You canā€™t excuse it away.

2 Likes

In my opinion, he told you what it is. You canā€™t keep a person who doesnā€™t want to be kept. Who tells you ā€œ You should leaveā€? After that whatever he dishes out he already told you and heā€™ll say itā€™s your fault for staying. Which it would be.

1 Like

In my honest opinion if he is saying that you deserve better and that you should leave then it seems like heā€™s saying that he wants to end the relationship just doesnā€™t want to be the one to do it.

15 Likes

Stop being so damn insecure, if you look youā€™re gonna find so be prepared

4 Likes

What Iā€™ve learned from guys that say, ā€œYou deserve better. Leave me. Iā€™m horribleā€ etc, are awful people that are seriously trying to turn tables and make you feel bad and reassure THEM that they are WORTHY OF YOU! And if heā€™s that quick to jump on the ā€œletā€™s break up trainā€ as is, then do it. Not trying to sound harsh or anything, Iā€™ve been there and hearing/reading these kinds of things always hurts because I was once in your shoes love :purple_heart: you DO deserve better.

6 Likes

Leave. If he says you should leave you should. And he also said we was still selfish. He hasnt stoped. Leave.

Leave!!! Iā€™ve been there all to wellā€¦it will get worse! Once a cheater always one in my book but save yourself some heartache and leave him!

Is that a deal breaker for you? If so, then say goodbye.

If you have to look, thereā€™s already a problem.

5 Likes

You really need to look up the definition of narcissism ijs

1 Like

He doesnā€™t want the relationship anymore i seen this a hundred times before they want out but will only put up a fight due to them being a narcissis Just have to say your piece then leave if not he WILL do it again some people just canā€™t handle a one person relationship they need more

1 Like

Go and donā€™t look back. If he says leaveā€¦he wants you too but he donā€™t want be the bad guy. Once a cheater, always a cheater. I learned the hard way. Listen to the facts

I would leave u can find better

Wow thatā€™s a tough one. My opinion when they cheat with other women thereā€™s something going on inside himself. Itā€™s not something they can just quit. This is something youā€™ll have to decide in your heart if you want to keep trusting him that heā€™s stopped and wonā€™t ever do it again. Itā€™s real hard to decide something like that. Iā€™m sure theyā€™re are some men that can quit cheating but in my personal experience they donā€™t stop cheating until they are ready. It doesnā€™t matter how much you love him if heā€™s not ready, heā€™s not ready. The girl working with him would make me insecure too. I wouldnā€™t be able to deal with that. Because he could still be cheating just be better at hiding it. You just never know until you know.

1 Like

When people tell you who they areā€¦believe them. When people show you who they areā€¦believe them.

Heā€™s trying to warn you. If you choose to stay, then from here going forward just know that you chose this !! Did you ever wonder why or ask why his other relationships ended? You say that you are insecure. Do you really believe that this relationship is a good fit for you?

The problem with this is thereā€™s no need to leave if your heart isnā€™t ready to let go because you will only continue to run back to him. You have to ask yourself, if you really believe that he stopped cheating? Could it be that you just havenā€™t caught him recently?

1 Like

Bail. It will never turn out well. Heā€™s a douche, through and through. Those types never change. Heā€™s probably guilty about something now, by the sounds of it.

He is a narcissist. They have no remorse. He is trying to make himself the victim. Iā€™d leave. You deserve better.