I found out my child is allergic to a lot of things: Advice?

I just found out that my almost ten month old is allergic to milk, soy bean, peanuts, egg whites, and wheat. Is there any other mothers in my same boat and if so what can he and cannot he eat? I’m over here bawling my eyes out… I don’t know what to do…

1 Like

Goat milk and cheese is a healthy alternative to cows milk allergies. Anything gluten free (breads, pastas etc). It is true he may grow out of it. Mine was allergic to cows milk formula and now he is big on cheese and yogurt.

1 Like

I agree with Brittany he may outgrow them or some of them. Keep up with an allergist and keep him away from those things. There are a lot of recipes out there to try just google up recipes with the omitted ingredients. Things will be ok. Lots of kids and adults have allergies to certain things just have to learn to maneuver around them.

1 Like

He may out grow the allergies. My son was allergic to dairy and now he is fine

1 Like

Whole Foods… you can purchase a magic bullet… you purée fruits and veggies for him… no additives and super simple… zucchini is a super food for a tummy like his… make sure not to include any skin on the fruits and veggies… like someone else mentioned, food labels are key… I recently had a wheat allergy diagnosed and it is in EVERYTHING! Look for gluten free options… really yummy pasta made from rice tastes really good. Just remember keep it simple and try to prepare foods as close to they are in nature❤️ Hugs mama! You’re doing a great job!

1 Like

My son is allergic to soy bean as well. He’s two. Look at the back of everything you buy. I also had to switch to canola oil when cooking as well. My son is not deathly allergic but he is extremely miserable if he eats anything with soybean, soy, soy lechin, vegetable oil, etc. Some food won’t bother him as a small amount was used, and others cause him horrible pain because it has a lot. For instance, Oreos, he can have the name brand, but not the off brand. He can have ragu simply but not regular ragu. He couldn’t have formula as a baby, was fine with breast milk but I had to watch what I ate. The list goes on!

1 Like