I Found Out My Dad Is Talking to Another Woman During a Bad Family Time: Should I Tell My Mom?

Dont be selfish hes the one ruining it a betraying ur mom. Its hard teying to trust someone after being cheated on and she prob knows or figured out he was only there cause of u guys and felt like pushing him away she how far she could go. She prob feels like she isnt loved or treated properly and prob regrets stayin with him hence the nagging. I would free her from her personal hell and let her know! Shes ur mom and clearly hurting

Tell your Dadā€¦Either you tell mom or I will! Your mom may already know this is going on and some people just remain to keep hush hush about their issues. She may feel like she doesnā€™t want to upset you, since you already have so much going on with your son. Best of Luck to your familyā€¦hugs

I guess he is not happy but maybe he is staying to keep the family together
But yes I agree that you should let him handle that with ur mom
Your focus should be on ur son who needs you and everyone help and ur own family

Absolutely none of your business. You do not mention a spouse or partner - where is your babyā€™s father? Your parents are terrific to be there for you, and help you with your son. You act like a dependent child child whose child has critical needs. Grow up! Your parents probably have some kind of an arrangement between them. By the way, speaking to another woman on the phone does not constitute adultery.

Not to sound awful. But his affair has nothing to do with you and your adult life. Thinking of yourself while heā€™s stepping out, rather than thinking of your mother is pretty selfishā€¦ also, he can be there for you and your child without being married to your mother.

29 Likes

First of all - so sorry to hear about your son - prayers are being sent your way for both you your son and all the family- my daughter at age 10 experience almost the same but it was our dog and it was an accident- she went down and he jumped up caught both at the wrong time - so take care if your baby- as for your parents- leave it be to take care of their own problems- they have the right to make whatever mistakes or whatever decision they see fit - remember your parents will always be with you no matter what - just love them as they are :pray::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Him saying he is not emotionally attached is BS! He wouldnā€™t be talking to her all hours of the day or night if he wasnā€™t. Emotionally detached from his wife or not he should be talking to his wife. If you respect your mother you would confront your father to tell her about it or you should. What she does with the information and how she handles it is her business but at least she would know if she doesnā€™t already. Such disrespect on all levels if he or you donā€™t.

I would tell my father he has to tell my mom or I will. I am not going to let my mom be taken advantage of. If this would happen to me, I would expect my daughter to let me know. I dont want to be with someone that doesnā€™t think Iā€™m enough and could possibly give me a STD.

4 Likes

Like you wrote ā€œwhen he is needed the mostā€. Maybe that is why he hasnā€™t left. Maybe he is waiting until things calm down so itā€™s not putting more stress on your son. A child will pick up on people being emotionally stressed. I stayed in a bad marriage for almost 20 years because of my children. I can understand both sides. I would wait until things calm down before causing more stress for the ones you love. Most likely your mother already knows and they both are just waiting for things to improve before making such a difficult decision.

7 Likes

My personal opinion, itā€™s their marriage, their choices. As many have said your mom probably already knows whatā€™s going on. Me personally I would worry about taking care of your son and his needs and let your parents worry about their marriage. I know if one of my children came to me to discuss my marriage as horrible as it sounds Iā€™d probably tell them to mind their own business. Marriage is hard! Itā€™s not a bed of roses. Even the strongest marriages have problems. Let them figure it out on their own. Rather or not that stay married has nothing to do with you. Married or not they will still be your parents.

13 Likes

In the big picture. This isnā€™t something you should be worrying about. Someone elseā€™s relationship is nothing when your child is going thru medical issues. He probably hasnt left because of your son. Let it go for now honestly.

8 Likes

Leave it alone. Not your business. She may only be support for him right now, maybe more. Itā€™s still none of your business. What is supposed to happen will happen. Love them both as they are.

I feel like you need to tell your dad that you know about it again and that it is only fair your mother knows to and tell him to tell her. It would be better coming from him then you. As far as you and your son and mother needing himā€¦ He is human and you canā€™t rely on them forever. It is very unfortunate what has happened to your son, but if he isnā€™t happy in the marriage with your mother then he has the right to leave and find happiness. If I were you I would see about finding your son a caregiver and having outside help if possible. I wouldnā€™t put all this on your parents. Let them figure their own marriage out. Itā€™s not your business really.

1 Like

I know this sounds crazy. But, you will wind up being the bad guy. Your mother will hate you for telling her and so will your father. Your sister wonā€™t be too happy with the destruction of your family either. You have enough drama in your life with out adding this. Please leave it alone concentrate on your son.

8 Likes

Mom may have issues but no one knows what goes on in private. A man can be a wonderful guy to everyone in the world and in private treat his wife like dirt. What is she nagging him about? Some men become complacent and care nothing about their home or home life again while being everyoneā€™s darling. Talk to your dad and to him straight up his behavior is adding to your stress. Tell him to talk to your mother about getting marriage counseling, he doesnā€™t have to tell her he is emotionally cheating if he does this. I am sure if he is constantly talking to another woman she knows something is going on.

Dad needs to be a faithful husband. And a faithful Dad! If he has time to talk to a woman then he should be using that time helping with his son. He should be doing some dishes. He has no business spending phone time with another woman. And I pray for this sweet boy.

2 Likes

Let sleeping dogs lieā€¦ just be glad you have family to lean on. Your dad may need extra emotional support right now from a friend. Nothing will be gained by more confrontation

3 Likes

You have enough on your plate right now. Additionally if your mom finds out there will be lots of bad drama and probably divorce. Iā€™m not saying she shouldnā€™t know, but this is not a good time for it. Plus if your dad says thereā€™s no sex or anything he might be telling truth. Why stir up a hornets nest?

3 Likes

WOWā€¦I donā€™t know what to tell you. All I can think of is to pray, as God to take care of your parents and the son. Iā€™m reading some of what others say to do, and I think it would be a fair thing to have another conversation with your dad to let him know of your disapproval. Now he can carry on with this lady behind your listening ears, and have an affair. This is between your parents, and if your mom cheated, heā€™s a good man for staying for whatever reason, but now if your dad is the cheater, regardless of how many years have passed by, if your mom is an instigater or arguements and fights, if she is hard to get along with, then her actions prove she doesnā€™t truely love him and she is pushing him away, away to the point of him finding someone else (his/near his age/adult of the opposite sex) to communicate with and eventually go further in the relationship. Savor the love you yourself/and son have between your parents/grandparents and hold on to the love you have had with them and just keep being you. Right now the most important being is that of your son, your parents will take care of their own issues, for they are the couple that married, you are just a product of that relationship, but the final outcome is theirs to make and not yours, for you have your own life to worry with. I know we all want a happy family, a loving relationship with a spouse and kids that mind and are respectful and the parents that love each other and show their love for their children. Some parents spit while their kids are still young and it makes it hard for the kids to deal with. If the kids are grown, then what the parents do is totally their decision to make and live with, for if the kids are grown, then they are own their own and deal with their own life while still having a relationship with both parents so that you can continue to have some healthy lifestyle with your children and the grandparent. ā€¦{{hugs}}.

I wonā€™t say anythingā€¦ more likely did you ever think That maybe she knows. This is your parents problem not yours. You think you are doing her a favor more likely it will break her heartā€¦ :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

Accept that it really is not your business. They are there for you right now when you need it the most. Say thank you and focus on you and your sonā€¦its their marriage, for better or for worse.

2 Likes

Just because he leaves your mother does not mean there he wonā€™t be there for you & your son.
He shouldnā€™t have to stay in an unhappy relationship to please others.

Donā€™t do it!!! I yold my mama when I was 13 my dad was sleeping with our landlady. The next thing I kn e w there were cops and people that put me into foster care. He convinced my mom I made it.up to cover the fact I was sneaking oyt and doing drugs which I had never done ever. Point is she believed him over me. Its a hard situation to be in but trust me she probably already knows and dont care

Iā€™d talk to your dad again. You need to take care of your son first off. Set your boundaries for your son. None of this is good around him. Tell him you only want positive environment around your son. Their differences need to be set aside when they enter your sons room. If you see your mom naggy or causing uncomfortable behavior around him then have a talk with her too. Your child deserves it!

You are going through a very bad time right now, so are your parents. When a child is ill and not in a good way, everyone hurts. It also has a way of making side issues into a big thing when maybe they arenā€™t. This woman may have had a child in a similar situation and is being a comforting ear. Maybe they are having an emotional affair. Maybe your father is trying to be strong for you and your son and your mom and he needs someone to vent his feelings to in order to stay strong for you. My son was in a NICU for 5 months and near death most of that time. I couldnā€™t leave his side and it took all my strength to stay there. My husband was strong for me, I found out later he would go and talk to our older sonā€™s preschool teacher since she was highly religious ( and also in her 50s). It helped him to voice his fears and concerns to someone with feeling like he was burdening me during a time all my energy had to go somewhere else. Give him and yourself a break.

Iā€™m so incredibly sorry about your son. Thatā€™s devastating.
When it comes to your parents, let it be. My parents are also unhappily married. Itā€™s hard to watch, but itā€™s not my place to interfere. Praying for you all.

2 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m sorry you are under so much stress. I would tell your dad he should tell her himself. Donā€™t threaten to tell her- thatā€™s his job. Period. (Having said that, she probably knows.) God bless.

1 Like

First of all I AM terribly sorry your son was attacked and all he is going through as well as the toll it must be taking on you.
Your parents are great to help you,but their lives and problems should not be your issue YOU have on your plate!
I HOPE THE BILLS ARE BEING TAKEN OF BY WHOMEVER OWNED THESE DOGS.
I HOPE YOU SOMEHOW GET FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND TRY AND GET SOME TIME OUT FOR YOU!
I AM TO ASSUME THERE IS NO DAD IN THE PICTURE.
IF YOU ARE APART BUT STILL SPEAKING IT WOULD BE NICE FOR HIM TO HELP OUT.
GOOD LUCK,XOXO

This is really sad. So sorry about your son and what heā€™s going through . At this point, you need all the help you can get. If you tell your mom assuming, she doesnā€™t know and things starts to get hecter scattered around you, people start walking off itā€™s not a solution anymore but more fire. Leave them, and enjoy the peace. We all have our marital cross that we must bear

Iā€™m more concerned about your son. You should always have tubes of saline on hand to help clear his airway. My daughter had a trach and also has a lodged blood clot, stopping her from breathing. I used saline and suctioned it out. Please get some and keep it close by.

If they donā€™t get along why would you want them to stay together? You admitted your mom has issues.
He can help whether heā€™s with your mom or not. Let him live his life.

Hopefully you can get help with your son to give you some relief.

Your mom probley all ready knows about your father I new when my husband started cheeting on me I finely got tired of it and left him give your mom a little time she will deal with it

Im so aorry about you son but i would say nothing and dont ask your dad again. What YOU dont know wont hurt you. Its on his shoulders not yours. Apparently he knows what heā€™s doing so let him figure it out.

It may seem selfish but I would wait . You need both your parents right now . If you say something dad may not be there for you and mom may lose it and be unable to help . Wait till your son is better or not al all.

Wow thats a hard one cause if your moms finds out u knew it will be really hurtful to her but also would u want to know? I think maybe talk with your Dad and let him know your in a bad place with this.cause all hell is going to break lose when she finds out

Your mom probably already knows and if she is as bad as you say the other women are probably his outlet. Not saying itā€™s ok, but itā€™s probably what keeps him son and them together.

Mind your business and focus on your son. I donā€™t mean to sound mean, but thatā€™s not the hill you want to die on. You have enough on your plate dealing with everything thatā€™s going on with your son. He need you and your undivided attention. You really shouldnā€™t be distracted by any drama, thatā€™s not your own. Your father is a grown man, leave him to himself. I pray to God that your son make good progress and I pray you find strength to continue to get you through this. God bless you and your son :pray:t5::pray:t5::pray:t5:

Iā€™m sure your mom already knows what your dad has been up to.Women tend to know when their men are up to no good.Did you let your dad know that it bothers you with what he is doing?Did you tell him to let your mom know or you would because you feel guilty knowing and not saying anything to her?Whatever is going on with your parents is between them,itā€™s their lives,try to stay out of it.You never mentioned your sons father.Does he not help with his sons care?The best to your sonā€¦that horrible.:pray:t2:

Itā€™s between them two. Maybe mom already knows and doesnā€™t care. Why wait 20 years? Well I can tell you from experience that you always hope TOMORROW will be better.

Stay out of it, itā€™s not your marriage. Your Mom might already know more than you think, and is ok with it. Concentrate on your son, he needs you more and needs all of your focus on him right now.

Mind your own business
You have enough to worry about in your own life, donā€™t borrow trouble from someone elseā€™s life

There is no excuse for cheating under any circumstances, tell your dad he had better sort himself out. This is not fair to your mum

1st and utmostā€¦why tell it on FACEBOOK!!!

1 Like

Sounds like my parents screwed up marriage just stay out of it

Be grateful for the help and love your father gives and mind your own business.

3 Likes

What do you picture as the end result you want? Your dad to drop this person he talks to and commit back to your mother? For them to divorce and go their separate ways? Does your dad make your mom happy? It sounds like sheā€™s a difficult woman and your dad is miserable but has tried to do right by his family all these years. I would feel like Iā€™m choosing between my parents happiness. My mom is happy thinking dad is a good dude, dad sticks by his family but has the emotional support of another person and they are both there for you as you need them. I our myself in this situation as being your mother. Let him be. He is home with me everyday. He chooses me everyday. Then I think of your dad, to spend all those years not truly happy bit doing what you thought was right. Getting older in years and still not being with the person who loves you and appreciates you and makes you feel good. In neither of those scenarios do I see speaking up, truly help anyone. Your mom will have something else to nag him about and will be heartbroken. Your dad will either stay and continue to be miserable or leave and hurt everyone.

Is talking to someone cheating stay out of it

Leave it alone. Take care of your baby and make sure heā€™s good

3 Likes

Leave it be for now. Take care of your sonā€¦but I get it.

3 Likes

Stay out of his marriage.

3 Likes

Stay out of it your mom probably knows anyway

3 Likes

I would just pray about it and let God do his work!

1 Like

Just tell him either he tells your Mom or you will. Bless you hope it all works out.

I would mind my own business and appreciate everyday

1 Like

They can still love you and your son It is their relationship .

Nope! Talk with your dad only. You said your mom has been difficult, heā€™s seeking reprieve elsewhere, not that itā€™s right. Heā€™s not going anywhere, too much on your plate to make it worse. Concentrate on your son.

4 Likes

Just ask him ā€œHows the sex with the lovely lady?ā€.

1 Like

Donā€™t do it. Now is not the time. I know emotionally cheating is still cheating. But heā€™s not physically cheating (yetā€¦I know I know). But stillā€¦not the time.

they are adults :::Leave it be :: what will be ::will be :: Just Pray about the situation :: Donā€™t hurt your Mother .

Keep it to yourself. Iā€™m sure she knows something.

They are adults, mind your business

Tell dad you knowā€¦let him do his own dirty work!!!

Mind your business! Otherwise it will come back on you! Good luck.

Prayer is essential , do not tell your mom, pray that God removes. this person from your fatherā€™s mind.

Whichever way you go make sure you can live with the consequences.

I would tell him to tell your mom or you will and give him a date and time to tell her by

2 Likes

If they still just been talking donā€™t tell your mom. Talk to your dad. Tell him you know and that he needs to stop now

u said ur piece to ur dad and done say it is not our place to tell their partners but i would

If she has already cheated on him and you admit that sheā€™s difficult to live with as long as heā€™s not sleeping with the other woman it really shouldnā€™t matter. He needs an emotional vent so whatā€¦
Youā€™re in the super difficult situation with your kid and you already said your mom can be kind of crazy. The fact that he needs a sane adult to talk to isnā€™t really an issue.

He stayed for the kids ones when she cheated. The fact that he needs an emotional that now is the same thing. Heā€™s staying for the kids again. And if youā€™re not mature enough to realize that you have bigger problems.

Now if you catch him physically going to meet her at weird hours thatā€™s a whole different problem that means heā€™s not staying. But it also would be incumbent on your mom to keep him anyway if he did cheat once under all this crazy pressure, because she already did and then they would be even.

Heā€™s only human you need to remember that.

Maybe leave it alone.

Where is your son father

I wouldnt say anything. Thier marriage is thier business. Your dads affairs. Sexual or emtional, work or home, friends or coworkers. Not your business. Doesnt really matter what you want.

Stay out of it ā€¦ period!

My #2 son, who was coincidentally a dog bite victim when he was 5, stayed married to his mentally ill wife for 25 yearsā€¦and was then murdered by her 3 years ago. We have been raising their children for over 15 years because they couldnā€™t maintain an income. He hated divorce, but it ruined the lives of the whole family and led to his death at only 43. Think long and hard about the future of this relationship.

1 Like

Noā€¦keep out of it!

Only talkingā€¦ Nothing wrongā€¦

Can someone one ,anyone say," oh I know you " hello facebook.

Pretty sure your mom knows. She may choose to let it be. I would not say anything it would hurt me more if my daughter told me . Let things be , take care of your precious son. Praying he recovers completely

6 Likes

You may not like my advise but since you put it on here itā€™s what I think. You have to consider your dad is working since this is a co-worker. He is supporting the household if your mother doesnā€™t work. He is also supporting you with your son. Iā€™m so sorry and I hope he recovers. I want to ask where is his father?? What is he doing to support his son? Itā€™s not your fatherā€™s place to support you and your son. It sounds like he is and your sister also if she lives in the home. So your dad works helps out with your son and you said your mother have. This makes for a man that has so much on his shoulders that you do not see the full picture! You want him to be there for you and your son and sister and mother. Do you not think that somewhere he has a lot on his plate and Iā€™m going to say itā€™s getting to him. I think he needed someone to talk to that wasnā€™t telling him all the things that you all needed him to do. I think he probably just needed someone to actually carry on a conversation that didnā€™t involve the family. I think you are being selfish. You need to check into what agency can help you with your child. You want your dad to be there for your mom well just maybe she is never there for him. None of you may be there for him. Maybe he feels like all of you want him to solve all of your problems. Maybe his being the problem solver is getting to him mentally and emotionally. Iā€™m not saying heā€™s fallen for this woman but he may have.its not your place to tell your mom she probably already knows and may not care. You just donā€™t know. Let them figure their marriage out and you be the adult that had a child to step up and see what help you can get for yourself and your son. You have to grow up and take care of yourself and your son.

I would recommend minding your own business. I went through much of the same with my wife. You donā€™t know and all you may do is create a rift between you and your father

Girl mind ur business and let that man live! Youā€™re lucky he didnā€™t leave ur hoe ass crazy ass momma years ago! U sound selfish as all everā€¦ Youā€™re daddy deserves a woman who LOVES him and that clearly isnā€™t your mother.

Mind your own business.

You need to talk to your Father. My Father wasnā€™t coming home. Stay gone sometimes for 2 days. My son then 10 yrs old SAW GRANDMA AND GRANDPA AND WAS HURT CAUSE NEITHER WAVED AT HIM.Well it wasnt Grandma. I finally caught my Dad and this women in a bar.I was in 30s. I confronted Dad and this women knew everything about me and my 2 brothers. I told her to shut up and called her a BITCH. Surprised I wasnt kid out of tavern. Dad told me to set down very quietly. I told him how I felt and Mom. He said dont ever get fat. Mom gained alot of weight wore size 18 _ 20. Got bitter. Cant blame her. I left politely went out and cried. I never mentioned it to Dad again. He hurt Mom bad. I told Mom what happened and she never mention it to Dad. My Father died on Flag Day in a parade of a massive heart attack. I felt bad about our talk but I told him I LOVED HIM VERY MUCH AND COULDNā€™T UNDERSTAND WHY HE WAS DOING THIS. Your Mom probably all ready knows. I wouldnā€™t bring it up to her. Some times thereā€™s just no patching up. Your Dad maybe seeking comfort in another women for advice and for his feelings

Tell your Dad youā€™ll give him two weeks to tell your Mom, or you will ā€¦
She deserves to knowā€¦period

Mind your own business

1 Like

You just told the whole world ,word gets around. Lol. Prayers for you and your family :heart::sunflower:

Praying God gives answers

Id want to know as a woman

Mind your own business.

1 Like

I have been married for 4years and i have a break up with my husband 1months ago and i was worried and so confuse because i love him so much. i was really going too depressed and a friend directed me to this spell caster Dr. Tunde and i made all my problems known to him and he told me not to worry that he was going to make my husband to come back to me and in just 48hours i receive a call from my husband and he was appealing that i should come back to the house. i have never in my life believe in spell and but now it have just helped me and i am now so happy. All Thanks to him and if you also want to have your Husband back or your lover to yourself here !! his email Address. babatundesolutioncentre1@gmail. com or you can reach him on via WhatsApp mobile number or call him on +2348143581382 i am so happy to testify of your work and kindness Also specialize in treating all kinds of illness, HERPES VIRUS, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, BRAIN DISEASE, INFERTILITY, DIABETES AND MOREā€¦

I have been married for 4years and i have a break up with my husband 1months ago and i was worried and so confuse because i love him so much. i was really going too depressed and a friend directed me to this spell caster Dr. Tunde and i made all my problems known to him and he told me not to worry that he was going to make my husband to come back to me and in just 48hours i receive a call from my husband and he was appealing that i should come back to the house. i have never in my life believe in spell and but now it have just helped me and i am now so happy. All Thanks to him and if you also want to have your Husband back or your lover to yourself here !! his email Address. babatundesolutioncentre1@gmail . com or you can reach him on via WhatsApp mobile number or call him on +2348143581382 i am so happy to testify of your work and kindness Also specialize in treating all kinds of illness, HERPES VIRUS, HEPATITIS B, CANCER, BRAIN DISEASE, INFERTILITY, DIABETES AND MORE