I Found Out My Wife Has Been Lying to Me, What Do I Do?

This question was submitted to our community via our Facebook page and/or our Answers forum. Responses are also taken from the community. If you have your own parenting or relationship question you would like answers to, submit on Facebook or Answers.

QUESTION:

"So I found out my wife has been lying to me for a while. She started hanging out with a coworker of her’s . They go for drives just together. He took her out to dinner at an expensive restaurant. I didn’t let on that I know about it. The restaurant came up in conversation and she said that she’s never been in there. Lately she has been doing her visiting family and friends without me. She doesn’t want to feel like she is tied down. She tells me that she is in her office but I find out she wasn’t even at work. She told me she doesn’t want a romantic relationship with me or anyone else. I’ve found ot that she lies to me quite often. I want to stay with her but I also want to be able to trust her. Do I just keep my mouth shut and let her expose herself or what?"

RELATED: How to Break Up with Someone Thoughtfully: 20 Different Ways to Respectfully End a Relationship

TOP ANSWERS (AS SELECTED BY MODERATOR):

The following top answers have been selected by a moderator from hundreds of responses to the original question.

"That’s kinda up to you. Why would you want to be with someone who doesn’t want to be with you"

"Sorry but you’re the only 1 in the relationship, she’s checked out but wants you to break it off"

"Why would you want to stay with someone who says they don’t want a romantic relationship with you?"

"You leave and you find someone who wants what you’re offering."

"She’s flat out telling you she doesn’t want to be with you, I would separate asap"

"I mean… if she doesn’t want a romantic relationship with you or anyone… it’s time for a divorce"

"U might want her but she’s moving on! U do the same!"

"You know exactly what she’s doing. And if you allow her to walk all over you, she’ll continue to. We teach ppl how to treat us and what we’ll tolerate. You gotta think about it this way; would you want this type of relationship for your best friend, brother, anyone you care about?, no."

"Love yourself first, get to the bottom of what’s going on. If she no longer wants to be with you, you must move on. Never be a slave to someone. We all deserve happiness and we can’t force others to stay with us."

"Leave. She told you she does not want a romantic relationship with you ir anyone else she made that super clearly according to you. So leave she doesn’t want to be with you."

Have a response to this question? Leave it below to help a mama out! Or leave your own question and get responses from real moms!

READ ALL ANSWERS BELOW: