I gave birth a few months ago and have been dizzy since: Advice?

So I’m 35 years old and just had my last baby on the 2nd of this month. Got my tubes removed during the c section. Lately, I’ve had dizzy spells along with the feeling of being hot and cold at the same time. It’s a very scary feeling for me because I’m feeling overwhelmed with it all at once. I think if I was having the symptoms separately, it wouldn’t be as bad, and I could deal with it. I breastfeed my son, but I’ve noticed my milk supply is going down. I’m not currently stressed about anything, and I believe I’m getting an ok amount of sleep. I just don’t know why I’m feeling so off. I’ve had three of these episodes so far and have a doc appt scheduled for this Friday. Has anyone else had these symptoms? Is it cause I’m older now and this is normal?

2 Likes

Hormones Girl. Postpartum Anxiety/Depression (even if you don’t feel like you have it). Re-Regulation of blood pressure. Also iron levels. Eat lots of red meats and take iron supplement.

Just bring up to your doc at your post appointment so they are aware as well. If you’re breastfeeding/pumping, that also can be from that. Keep super hydrated.

1 Like

Mine was just hormones trying to get back to normal. I am also “older” I am 38 and had our rainbow baby in may. Don’t stress and talk to your doctor about it

Sounds like a mix of menopause and anxiety

Is the dizziness caused by positional changes? If so could be dehydration causing low BP with standing or vertigo if it’s with head movement. If it’s vertigo I’d recommend asking your doctor for a physical therapy consult for vertigo treatment

My guess is have your iron levels checked. Could be anemia

1 Like

I have felt like this before and it was due to very low iron and vitamin D.

high blood pressure or low iron. ive had it with all my kids. i doubt its menopause

Welcome to menopause. Sucks just as much as periods of not worse

3 Likes

I have a condition called pots these symptoms sound like what I have

You may be running an infection, mention your concerns to your discharge midwife/health visitor.

1 Like

I would think anemia.

Hormones Girl. Postpartum Anxiety/Depression (even if you don’t feel like you have it). Re-Regulation of blood pressure. Also iron levels. Eat lots of red meats and take iron supplement.

Just bring up to your doc at your post appointment so they are aware as well. If you’re breastfeeding/pumping, that also can be from that. Keep super hydrated.

1 Like

Mine was just hormones trying to get back to normal. I am also “older” I am 38 and had our rainbow baby in may. Don’t stress and talk to your doctor about it

Is the dizziness caused by positional changes? If so could be dehydration causing low BP with standing or vertigo if it’s with head movement. If it’s vertigo I’d recommend asking your doctor for a physical therapy consult for vertigo treatment

My guess is have your iron levels checked. Could be anemia

1 Like

high blood pressure or low iron. ive had it with all my kids. i doubt its menopause

Welcome to menopause. Sucks just as much as periods of not worse

3 Likes

I have a condition called pots these symptoms sound like what I have

Prob need to get your iron levels checked

I would think anemia.