I got two different gender results...which one do I trust?

We did a gender prediction test through sneak peek and it said boy… While I was doing the test I didn’t think of it but my two-year-old was going to grab the lancet and I pushed his hand away and continued to do the test. That same day I went down and got my lab work done for genetic testing for baby which then also told me the gender I got my results back and that test said girl. My question is what would you ladies trust?

53 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I got two different gender results...which one do I trust?

Pretty sure we’re not assuming gender anymore :smirk:

7 Likes

Genetic testing - they say if a male is even in the room in the sneak peek it can alter it

3 Likes

Definitely genetic testing, that’s dna proof of what you are having. You are having a girl if the genetic testing came back girl. DNA doesn’t change. Congratulations.

10 Likes

So I’ve used sneak peek. They specifically say absolutely do NOT take the test around any males because it can mess up the results. Since your son was around and touched things, it was probably contaminated. I’d believe the other lab work and verify with an ultrasound

3 Likes

Ultrasound, genetic testing can be wrong as well.

1 Like

Genetic testing is accurate, sneak peek is not. Said I was having a girl and I had a boy.

4 Likes

Trust the ultrasound or the actual lab test done at the clinic. Your sneak peek sample was contaminated.

3 Likes

A lab or ultrasound. Very rare but sometimes even they get it wrong on a ultrasound.

it’s one or the other. Haha!

3 Likes

The one from the dr. The fact your son was in the same room as your at-home test tells me that his DNA was Def interfering with the results. Ultrasound will confirm when time comes, but til then I would be expecting a girl.

2 Likes

Generic testing and ultrasound. Then again, those can even be wrong.

I wouldn’t trust any at home test. Always trust the one the hospital did.

6 Likes

Just be happy with a healthy baby. Boy or Girl.

3 Likes

The lab test unit you get s ultrasound.

The genetics one…boys carry the Y chromosone and it will show up on the blood test…if there is no Y chromosone it is a girl. I have had that test done with multiple pregnancies and it was never wrong.

The ultrasound at 20weeks lol

7 Likes

I’d say you’ve not suppose to know anything about it. But the genetic testing is meant to be more accurate xx

I’ve never had the genetic testing not be accurate for gender, I’ve had 3 kids.

1 Like

They could both be wrong it’s literally50/50 chance. I got told girl with my first at 16 weeks ultrasound then at 20 weeks it was definitely a boy!! Hes now 7 :joy::joy:

1 Like

Wait until your 16-20wk ultrasound to redetermine

1 Like

No brainer here. Genetic testing results

3 Likes

Lab work over sneak peak

None just wait till baby born neutral clothing end of story

The genetic testing- it tests chromosomes. It’s a girl!

7 Likes

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $14822… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://dollarsearningjob297.pages.dev/

I would go with the lab work way more accurate. You can’t fully trust the sneak peak you most likely contaminated it. That’s why it’s best to do the sneak peak when you are alone and you basically sterilize and bleach everything so you don’t risk contaminating it with male DNA.

1 Like

The 20 week ultrasound…

5 Likes

After leaving my previous job 12 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer jobs for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 m0nths was for $14895… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://SmartJob63.pages.dev

The one from the professionals

4 Likes

Lab work. And esp with sneak peak if you did it in a bathroom with boys dna or whatever it can affected the test some how.

1 Like

Wait until the kid is about middle school age…then you’ll know for sure :rofl::rofl::rofl:

17 Likes

I’d trust the genetic test

I would go with the hospital lab work.

Lab work is more accurate. Lab work showed girl, my ultrasound she was still a girl.

4 Likes

Obviously the lab work

Why is this a question :joy:

19 Likes

Genetics test, obviously! DNA…it’s a girl! Congrats!

3 Likes

Your son contaminated your sample. It’s a girl.

2 Likes

Sneak a peak isn’t accurate. Blood test is

3 Likes

Really? Going to trust the dr on this one lol. Those are 99.9% accurate.

5 Likes

Bloodwork is always correct

3 Likes

If real blood work from a real doctor says girl, its a girl. :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming: The force is strong with this one.

4 Likes

The lab work of course

I had an amnio that said I was having a healthy baby girl, he was not a girl and was born with one of the rarest genetic syndromes.

It’s a girl. Blood work is accurate.

1 Like

Genetic test. I have 2 boys. Got pregnant with my 3rd - said it was a girl and that she was!

Well obviously lab work… or better yet just wait for an ultrasound. And even that isn’t 100%

4 Likes

Lab work 100%. Plus girls can be mistaken for boys sometimes… The clitoris is elongated for a certain period of time while in the womb I think :thinking:

2 Likes

When the baby pops out…

3 Likes

How about when it’s born!

1 Like

I mean, I’m gonna go ahead and say I’d trust professional lab work over an at home test, but the best way to determine the gender of the baby is to hear the doctor say “it’s a insert gender here” because any and all of those tests could be wrong.

3 Likes

Definitely the clinical one. The home tests are so easy to contaminate it’s not even funny. Pretty hard to mess up the clinical one though.

1 Like

Not the end of the world. You’ll know when it’s born. That’s how we found out back in the day.

2 Likes

The lab test is obviously the winner. Blood doesn’t lie

6 Likes

It’s probably twins.

The lab work for sure. I’m surprised you even asked that question

6 Likes

If trust lab genetic test.

Trust the birth then you will know for sure.

Labs. Same thing happened to a friend of mine. Went to a place that does early ultrasound for gender and was told she was having a girl just to find out later that she was having a boy.

1 Like

Genetic testing is more accurate.

1 Like

Maybe twins? One boy, one girl??

Both could be wrong…you’ll know when you’re prescious baby comes out…get a sonogram…thatight help…only God knows what the sex is unless the sonogram is clear and shows the private areas clearly
.lol

I’d wait and do ultrasound to confirm before making the decision

You can definitely trust your eyes once the baby is born…it is what it is and fretting over sneak peeks isn’t going to change it :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Lab especially if the child that tried to grab lancet was a boy it could have contaminated the results

Genetic testing is more reliable

It’s a girl haha. The same thing happened to me but my husband touched all of the stuff and when I went for my ultrasound they confirmed a girl haha

You’re not serious, right?

1 Like

Genetic through your drs 100 percent

The lab work of course

1 Like

Just wait for the surprise :grin:

2 Likes

I think girl!! Congratulations :clap::confetti_ball:

Wait for the ultrasound

When I did my sneak peek test I took a shower an kept all male dna out of the bathroom why doing it! Also washed my hand once more before doing the test! & it was accurate! (A Girl) But if your son was in the room & around the test touching you, you touching him, touching the test etc i definitely wouldn’t go off of it! My test said to wash all male dna off an To not have any male present while doing the test or it would be contaminated! So I would definitely go off the one provided from your doctor!

I did sneekpeek right at 7 weeks an told me I was getting a girl! Followed directions directly, now a few weeks go buy an I get my drs labs back an they told me I’m having a boy, sneekpeek WILL NOT refund me (and now you) until the baby is born, with proof of birth certificate. They will not take any drs paperwork, it’s been a complete nightmare.

My “daughter” was supposed to be a boy. We wanted a girl but it was ok. Prepared for a boy. What a surprise when she was born. The Dr said, " I guess God knocked her faucet off". :joy:

4 Likes

I’d not trust either!!! Eventually ur dr should b ordering ultrasounds.

Idk you re-read this and then tell us which one. It’s self explanitory :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

The Chinese Calendar-was always correct for me and my friends hahah. The birth verified it haha

1 Like

It’s a they congrats

4 Likes

My sneak peek said boy but labs said girl and then ultrasound shows girl parts

Genetic testing sounds more accurate

4 Likes

Uhhhh…. the lab results

3 Likes

It’s def a girl! The genetics testing is rarely wrong unless multiples. Sneak peek is wrong a lot.

1 Like

Maybe you have one of each

Oh Gosh…That’s a tough one…Surprise!!:heart_eyes:

Regardless of your sons hand going near it I’d still go with labs.

Lab results are definitely more accurate. If your OB did them.

2 Likes

The lab tested, genetic test. It would be the absolutely most accurate. Sneak peek tests are often, but not always, accurate at all.

2 Likes

Why don’t you just ignore both and wait till you give birth like any other normal person

My sneak peak said boy too. I will be having a girl in less than 5 weeks lol.

Science, always science. Congratulations on your baby girl.

4 Likes

The lab test is more accurate then sneak peek I know a few mums that have done the sneak peak test right and still it was wrong and they have been so upset the lab tests are 99.9% actually all my 5 have been right.

1 Like

Both pregnancies I said it was a boy just my motherly instinct. Both times I had a boy. I was always drawn to blue clothing for myself when I normally wouldn’t

With sneak peak if you have any male dna around the area of testing you can get an inaccurate result

3 Likes

If you did the blood test trust that one!

2 Likes

Sneak peek if not done correctly can mess up the test, if you did a blood draw test I’d trust the blood draw from doctor

3 Likes

Girl. The sneak peek tests are easily contaminated :grimacing:

1 Like

The blood test 100% is what you need to trust. Trust the science.

1 Like