I guess i need to vent and not feel attacked for once

You would probably get more if you claim kids together. Also, if he’s not providing for them, he doesn’t get to claim any. That’s YOUR money. He sounds awful.

6 Likes

If he dont support them no do t let him claim one

4 Likes

Kick him out. Put him on child support. NO he doesn’t need to claim a kid he doesn’t care for.

8 Likes

No you should claim all the kids. Plus kick his lazy ass out.

File Head of Household and him as a dependent along with kids, you’ll get the most back doing it this way.

15 Likes

No. He should not claim the kids. You’re basically a single mother with another mouth to feed. You’d probably get more out of him in child support than you do now. I’d give him an ultimatum… either he covers half or you’re gonna file for child support. Y’all aren’t married… he’d have no choice. Working and having kids is hard enough. You’re literally losing precious time with your kids to support him. Literally wearing yourself thin for a man who wouldn’t do anything close to it for you and his children.

8 Likes

The head of the house claims which would be you.

11 Likes

If he was actually providing the support the children need, then I would say yes. However, given that you are doing the lion’s share of the support, you should claim them on your taxes.

7 Likes

If your the provider then you should claim the child. You need to put your foot down and split everything down the middle period.

1 Like

Don’t let him claim them. You paid for expenses not him. But if he isn’t willing to change, you need to make a decision.

1 Like

Since he is so slack and you have the burden of working yourself to death only you should claim the children. I would also kick him to the curb. You see you can make it by yourself. Your bills will get lower including your food bill. He will also have to pay child support so that will give you more money. If he will not pay he will go to jail. Good luck.

4 Likes

Have a conversation with him
Maybe he hates his job or is struggling with burnout? Encourage him to apply for other jobs if where he’s at isn’t working for him anymore?
He hasn’t quit the job so obviously he knows that you guys need the money and maybe he’s doing as much as he can mentally handle. Communication is the most important thing in every relationship
As for the child tax claiming thing,where I am it’s generally the mother that claims the child unless the parents are separated or have shared custody.

2 Likes

I think you should most definitely claim all the children and when he steps decides to stop acting like one himself then the discussion could be open about it and hopefully you have your own bank account otherwise that money is accessible to him and sounds to me like you’re the one who is the most responsible. Either that or kick him out and give the love and attention to you and your children’s

1 Like

Nope. If he doesn’t have much of an income… he doesn’t NEED the deduction. I HOPE you’re not giving him money !!! Sounds like he needs to grow up !!

What is he doing with time off???

2 Likes

U already know in ur heart

If you are going to stay with someone like that don’t complain about it, that’s your poor choice, deal with it or leave.

4 Likes

He claim nobody lazy ass!!

id dump him and take the kids. even as a sahm with no income his lack of responsibility and attitude of entitlement sounds ridiculous.

1 Like

He’s chosing not to work? Are you really accepting this. You’re supporting him. He needs to grow up or get out.
No shared accounts or that will be gone too.
Talk it out first. We don’t always get to love our jobs. But there is life outside of work. Do your job. Go home and forget it. Responsibility is responsibility

3 Likes

That’s a no Brainer :roll_eyes::brain:

Why aren’t you guys filing together?

Throw the whole bum in the trash

get out & stop the beautifull kids & until he grows up, best advice get out…

1 Like

Your going to support him and let him take advantage of you like this ? Do you always want to live financially miserable? Time for a change ! He’s comfortable depending on you and it shows.

4 Likes

This is all on you but if you decide to allow him to claim a child make sure it is direct deposit into an account you have access to or better yet file child support on him

He’s already proven he isn’t responsible. Why would you consider letting him have that much of your tax money to just blow. My taxes help me get by the next year. I buy what I need when I get it and the rest is emergency money so personally I wouldn’t consider letting him claim

2 Likes

Dump his selfish ass

Does he do anything around the house? Help with kids? If so & he’s working atleast 20 25 hours a week, then yeah I would let him claim one of the kids. If not, nope!

I’d say ditch the man child sorry.

Sounds like a bludger. Is this what you want for your life, is the question. Obviously needs to grow up.

I’d kick him aside and find yourself a man… hopefully one who will want to work just as hard as you and you both are able to enjoy life… hopefully your kiddos dont pick up his work ethic… hugs mama! Ps we teach someone how to treat you…

money is not the only problem here. He is downright disrespectful, lazy and doesn’t give a crap about your mental physical or emotional health. You should NOT be working that much to keep you both a float. Tell him to stop being lazy and man up.

Any donkey can make beautiful babies, it takes a real man to support them babies and pay the household bills and share the household jobs. What does he do with all his time away from his workplace. Get him off his lazy ass and oresent him with half the bills to pay or pack his bags and let him take care of himself and pay child support. He will have no choice but work full time then and you might get to work a normal week and mind your health so you can have mire time with yoyr kiddies and some time to relax to re energise. You wont keep that pace going…it will catch up on you and your health will be compromised. Who will care for the children and pay the bills then. You need to make a decision and have a conversation with consequences for all of your sakes. You will know then who claims what. Good luck :four_leaf_clover: