I have anxiety that I might be pregnant: Advice?

Unprotected sex, yes. Well, I had my period June 8 not suppose to get period until July 7. I had very very light spotting on and off for six days. At first, it was coming out as old blood than a very light pink. It finally has stopped. I went to the doctor for multiple reasons. Anxiety and why I am spotting. He diagnosed me with a general anxiety disorder and need to get blood work and pregnancy test done. Well, they called me this evening to go over my results, and to know I already have anxiety, I’m overthinking. Will the doctor only call me if it’s serious? If they found something? Am I pregnant? I don’t know my mind is running a million miles an hr. Someone give me advice. Or tips anything has anyone had to go through something like this? Trying to put my mind at ease until I go see him tomorrow.

6 Likes

If you had unprotected sex there’s always a chance that you’re pregnant. :woman_facepalming:t2:

11 Likes

Just go buy a cheap pregnancy test!

9 Likes

If you’re having that bad of anxiety and can’t wait, go buy a First Response test. :woman_facepalming:t3:

5 Likes

Take an at home test

2 Likes

Sounds like ovulation bleeding

2 Likes

Every doctor is different, they may or may not call you with results. However, usually they have you pee in a cup before the appointment to determine pregnancy. You should have been told at the appointment.

It could be implantation bleeding. I suggest buying an early detection pregnancy test. I work in the medical field, and they will sometimes call when there are no issues but they usually always call if something comes up on a test.

1 Like

Implantation bleeding would be around time u would get ur period which is why a lot of women confuse the both. But generally they tell you the results the same day of the blood results or they still call and tell u yes or no and if you are then they’ll tell u take prenatal pills and schedule an appointment around the 13th week and do a Pap smear blood tests etc.

If you are having this much anxiety over being pregnant. Go on birth control stop having un protected sex.

48 Likes

If you’ve had unprotected sex you could be pregnant. If you’re having this much anxiety about being pregnant I would personally say you need to stop having unprotected sex :joy::joy:

42 Likes

Wow Some of you “woman” are catty af. If you can’t give advice without bitchy ass emojis and condescending words keep scrolling!! It’s not that difficult. Does it make you feel better to put someone else down? Sad af that some of you never out grew the mean girl bull shit and now y’all are mom’s passing it on smh.

Anxiety is a horrible thing. I feel your pain. Take a deep breath. Get a home test. You’ll know if you’re pg in a minute or 2. As for the blood work & them calling you to go over your results in my expirence it’s not always bad like you may think. Sometimes it requires more explanation than a post card. Other times theyre milking insurance for that appt time.

1 Like

We can always make our relationship the best for us, life or career a successful as we desire, it only take you to put in the right effort and if you feel you need help then look for help. After my wife left me heartbroken. I was lonely, devastated and sad luckily I was directed to a very kind and powerful man Dr Nathan who helped me brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever am so happy with life now thank you so much Dr Nathan you can email him on (Nathanayakasolutionhome@gmail. com) or you can also what’sapp him on +2347019014544

1 Like

Sometimes call to say lab work is normal or abnormal… education and offer HIV testing … or STD was positive…education on unprotected sex… numerous reasons

1 Like

Could have an std also can effect periods

2 Likes

What is wrong with you all. Making fun of her for not only having anxiety but shaming her for having unprotected sex. Shame on you !

8 Likes

Anxiety or stress could also cause you to have very very light periods or non at all. I had implantation bleeding 10 days after conception and it was the only for a couple hours, but everyone is different.

Ok take a deep breath. Let’s tackle one thing at a time. Find out what the dr says, ok say you are pregnant don’t panic. There are resources, I am sure you have a support system, plus if you a need help there are programs, churches, and other things to help you though. You will be fine. Just breath and relax one step at a time

6 Likes

There’s this thing called a home pregnancy test. They sell them pretty much anywhere. Sometimes even as cheap as $1. Get one.

And if your not, talk to your doctor about birth control or stop having unprotected sex. Your current mindset is not conducive to a pregnancy until your anxiety is under control.

6 Likes

Take a deep breath. You will be ok. I know everything is scary but there is always that possibility it could be something else other than being pregnant. There are resources everywhere. I know I clinic that will do a free ultra sound if you are 6 weeks ish or right close. They also offer a pregnancy test there and they walk you through everything as well as get you prenatals and everything else. There are a million resources available to you. I get why you would be anxious if everything is generally spot on. Mine was before I got pregnant with my son and daughter I just felt weird after I got pregnant with my daughter and with my son my period was extremely weird. I had spotting twice in July and then two weeks in August I was pregnant well. Then I started bleeding again at the end of August and was told I was having a miscarriage and still two weeks after the miscarriage I was still apparently pregnant with my son. Your body could be feeling under attack or stressed so that could have something to do with it. It could be a possible std, but then again it’s hard to know because we don’t know you or your partner these are just possibilities that could be happening. But in all fairness there are resources for everything whether it be pregnancy or the other. Just try to remember to breathe and count to 10. I know how the anxiety feels. I have it constantly I also suffer from depression among other things. If you need to chat I am here I am unbiased none judge mental. And will listen and respond with an open mind. I know things are scary but we all can make it through it.

1 Like

Take a pregnancy test!

If you were pregnant you pee in a cup and you should have found out at that apt those results come very quickly. Maybe you should see another dr. And get your answers the more you worry about being pregnant the more stress you put on your body and you can cause yourself to miscarry just from stress. So calm down .

If you are pregnant they will call. The rest you might get a call or a letter explaining results and recommendations.

Generally speaking, no news is good news from the doctors office. If your labs are fine (no intervention needed) your results will be pushed to the bottom of the pile. If something is abnormal or if your serum HCG is positive, you will get a call with further insights.

2 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t do a urinalysis right then to see if you were showing pregnant. Honestly breath and try to relax. Everything will work out.

My doctor calls even if everything came back normal and the pregnancy test is negative so maybe that’s why they called.

It’s a little too soon to know for sure if you are pregnant. Wait until you get closer to your missed period date and take an at home pregnancy test with your first morning urine. Take a deep breath and remember accidents happen. No one is perfect and in the heat of the moment sometimes people get too caught up to grab protection or it breaks. There is no need to shame you or make you stress more. At least you know for next time and have been tested. Hope everything goes good for you!

A pregnancy test from a drugstore usually can provide that answer… :neutral_face:

Stay calm, no need to get all worked up. Periods can change for the smallest of reasons. Anxiety causes stress which can cause your period to come earlier, so be calm it might be nothing. Wait for the doctor. God won’t give you more than you can handle.

4 Likes

Stress and anxiety can also cause you to miss a cycle or more. But if your looking for something natural I recommend the vitamin cottage or something like it. They have whats called moodfix and it works amazing. You can take it as often as you need to

Take a home pregnancy test to help ease your mind

1 Like

Anxiety can affect your periods. Just take a deep breath. It will all work out

1 Like

You need to calm down first and foremost. Please look up relaxing music on YouTube and focus on breathing. Do something that you enjoy to take your mind off of it. Panicking is not good for you. Please take care of yourself. Tomorrow will take care of tomorrow.

1 Like

Calm down, your doctor will have the answers you need. Try to occupy yourself. Get centered on something other than this issue. If you are or are not, it can all be ok. Just remember, you have options in life. For the future, always use protection and birth control. You can save yourself this anxiety.

First off just focus on breathing!! Just know itll all be ok. Go for a walk, do some yoga, make good focused movement to redirect your anxiety. And now for the rest, is this your first? Do you feel anyway out of your normal?

1 Like

Wait until you get the results … think rationally and calmly. Step back and take a deep breath

Don’t panic until the Dr says panic is my motto

Take a home pregnancy test!

If you went to quest you can sign up on the website to get results.

Pray for what God wants then all will fall in place

It depends on when you had sex. Do you track ovulation? If you do, then you already know your odds. If you don’t just breathe. It’s one day. Hopefully you won’t repeat this again for us to see in another month. Could have asked over the phone when they called you also.

Maybe don’t have unprotected sex if you’re this worried.

I’m confused you went to the Dr. already and they called today to go over results, the results of the blood work? They confirmed anxiety again, but didn’t tell you the rest? Did they ask you to come in again to go over the results from the first visit? Why would they call to give you results yet not tell you if you’re preggo, did you miss the call? Am I the only one who’s confused by this lol.