I have been cramping my entire pregnancy...advice?

Hey ladies! I’m hoping some of you may have some ideas for this pregnant mama to help me out. This is my second baby, and I never experienced this with my first. I’m 24 weeks along tomorrow and have been having on and off cramping my entire pregnancy, but especially the last month. I’ve been taking Tylenol, doing stretches that my OB recommended to help with round ligament pain, taking bathes and showers to help relax the muscles, and use a belly band, but it seems like the pain has just been getting worse and woke me up multiple times throughout the night. Baby is moving just fine and I’m not having any bleeding so I don’t think it’s anything to really worry about, but I’m struggling to function on a regular basis. I’ve gone to the ER a couple times because of it too and every time they tell me I’m fine and send me home. I’m just looking for some relief. I’m also very high risk because of my own health issues, not the baby, so that adds worry to the situation too.

1 Like

I had horrible pelvic pain and back pain with my second. Belly band did help. But it never got better and there wasn’t anything I did that improved it. Unfortunately. My advice is to keep moving. Get up, walk, stretch even if it’s uncomfortable. Because sitting or laying all the time is going to make it a million times worse. Your body is changing and making room which means every muscle, ligament is stretching which is painful. I made little to do lists that way I felt like I needed to get up and going. Once I knocked everything off - I rested. Sometimes I didn’t finish everything but you have to allow yourself grace and patience. Don’t over do it. But don’t stay sedimentary.

One of the times I went to the e.r. for cramping pain (everything was fine) they cracked a disposable heat pad and told me to lay it lol with fabric between. It helped tons

I had that my whole pregnacy to midwide and doctors always told me i was fine waters ended up breaking at 30 weeks