I have been having pain around my belly button: Thoughts?

I had the same thing turned out it was a little hernia ask your doctor to maybe arrange a scan for you xx

Sounds like it could be a hernia. Address that with your doctor

It might be round ligament pain or it just might be where baby is laying gepending on how far along you are

My son had belly button pain and he had to get his appendix removed right away !

If your not prego, than yes it could be a pulled muscle but also could be a hernia.

Sounds like gal bladder problems ,maybe stones or sludge it could get infective and cause other problems go to Dr . Asap.

Maybe an umbilical hernia.

1 Like

Sounds like a kink in an intestine.

1 Like

Sound like a belly button hernia…I had one and it really hurt when I was sleeping or using the vacuum…that motion for some reason made it worse…your could be bigger than mine…

Sounds exactly what I had and it was a hernia

Could be appendicitis. Typically the pain starts at the belly button and moves to the right. However I had pain in my lower right abdomen for a day but it never started at my belly button.

My niece also had appendicitis (almost exactly a year after me) but her pain kept moving from belly button to all over.

Would be best to get a second opinion to make sure it isnt anything serious that needs to be taken care of before anything erupts and can kill you.

I’ve had that many times over the years. It was a pulled muscle.

Severe pain indicates emergency as colon can be caught in hernia

1 Like

I had the same feeling but mine turned out to be a umbilical hernia. I had to have surgery.

I experienced that! I found out a few weeks ago that I have a hernia right above my belly button.

Gp needs to arrange ultra sound X-ray if it persists

Umbilical hernia I had same problem years ago had to have repaired. No problems since

Sounds like a hernia to me…my son had it there to

If you are pregnant, it could be muscles stretching from the way baby is positioned.

i had it when pregnant. was told its from the muscles separating. it was ok after i had the baby

I had that pain when i was in labor

If you’re pregnant it’s probably round ligament pain

Sounds like umbilical hernia.

Round ligament pain is normal for some women during pregnancy.

Any fever, vomiting or persistent discomfort with walking?

Seek a second opinion. Could be an infection

1st baby?? How many wks? My daughter had something like this while she was pregnant… She was also told pulled/strained muscle.

Umbilical hernias are not off to the side. Most are right where your navel is

Have you been checked for a hernia? My ex husband had one in his bellybutton.

Is there any protrusion? ^^I was thinking hernia also

The smart thing to do is probably see a Dr?

Could it be a hernia??

Maybe it’s herniated?

sounds like an umbilical hernia. definitely get checked again.

1 Like

Yeah I think it’s called high hernia to better watch

1 Like

Hernia? Ileocecal valve?

Wow… I’ve been experiencing the same thing and after reading all these possibilities, I’m thinking I’m not gonna get scared and I’m just going to make a Dr. Appointment tomorrow.

Get checked out could be ur appendix

3 Likes

It sounds like a HERNIA,GO TO ANOTHER DR.AND TELL HIM THAT YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE ONE,IF HE IS NOT A QUACK HE WILL EXAM YOU FOR IT!! GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER

Hernia that’s what it sounds like

1 Like

Hernia. You can get them repaired or live with them forever.

Sounds like a hernia.

1 Like

i always thought that was starting your menstrual cycle. i better go get checked asap

Sounds like a hernia to me too, I’ve had one.

Mine is always a gas bubble that got stuck

Have them check your gallbladder sis … Hope you get better and everything is normal :heart:

yep a hernia get it checked i have the same thing

Me appendix started around my belly button

1 Like

Get it sorted hun you no your own body if in doubt find out xx

Hernia, diverticulitis, beginning of appendicitis.

Sounds like a hernia.

1 Like

Get to an urgent care or er asap

Get a boyfriend with better aim.

Hernia or appendicitis. See your doctor!

Yes, instead of going to Dr. Facebook, gonto a REAL Dr.

Sounds like appendix…

Go see a gastrointestinal Dr.

Yes and it was endometriosis 11 years of pain June 4 I had surgery

It could b apendix pain… plz tell them to run some tests asap

Get a second opinion

Mine was Umbilical hernia

Sounds like a hernia

Could be a hernia around the navel

Sounds like a hernia

You said placenta… Are u pregnant?

You should go to Dr asap. Don’t want to scare you but it is also a symptom a of a abdominal aorta rupture.

1 Like

I literally just had this exact thing. It went on 2 weeks then got fever of 103 and headache. Went to urgent care they kinda blew it off but gave me 2 antibiotics for bowels. Few days later went to hospital had a ct scan. Said my intestines were inflamed and i had some back up and along with uti. So another antibiotic and 3 different laxatives and told to drink a ton of water. I had a baby 3 months ago and have had trouble in the bathroom since. Feeling better now although still sore sometimes.

I had exactly the same feeling when i as pregnant and I was worried that it was a hernia but my doctor explained to me that it was my placenta stretching and I didn’t really believe him but I am 6 weeks pp now and I feel fine don’t have that pain anymore at all.

I had an infection, something like “Gardinella” - my doctor did a pelvic exam and swab, and it came back as this. (I was pregnant with my first child).

so go see a doctor you idiot face book isnt the doctor

1 Like

See another Dr…good luck…:purple_heart:

Listen to your body!

Possibly pancreatitis

Sounds like an umbilical hernia, should get it checked out by a doctor.

My 52 year old son has had pain in his navel area for quite sometime. A CTSCAN showed no hernia but multiple enlarged lymph nodes inside the abdomen. This can happen when there is infection, inflammation or cancer. We are waiting for results of additional testing for the possible cause

2 Likes

Get it checked but that does sound exactly like my hernia. They said it wouldn’t hurt anything as long as it 1) wasn’t interfering with my life and 2) did not get significantly bigger. I went about 8 years and then it started giving me trouble and had gotten larger so they fixed it with laparoscopic surgery. Easy least surgery- kinda wished I had taken care of it sooner

The 4 most common, but not by far the only, causes are 1) hernia, 2) gallbladder 3) appendix & 4) inflamed stomach. All of which a doc needs to check. Feel better.

1 Like

Someone I know had pain by their bellybutton and went to the doctor they said it was a hernia:… she needed to get it fixed through surgery… go get it checked

I had the same thing honey and I have a hernia that needs to be removed right above my belly button a little to the left and it is very painful sometimes

I just had my baby last week. I experienced this exact pain in the same place the intire last month of my pregnancy. Its gone now that he’s out. I think it was just a sore spot from him kicking mostly in that same spot over and over.

Go to the hospital. Get X,-ray/ultrasound to give peace of mind.