I just don't know what to do anymore

He sounds like a lazy, selfish bum. Stop thinking about him and concentrate on yourself and your babies! If he has a job, go after him for child support, if not, then I would just do my best to make sure my babies have a stable home, food, and clean clothes.

If he is 7 years younger than you, that makes him 15. I think if you name him as the father you are going to jail.

1 Like

Claim 100% girl. If you file first, he can’t claim the kids.

I would feel bad if you had one child with the man-child. But you went and consented to a second round of sex and got another child. Why did you sleep with him again? You knew your worth before you got with him and during the time with him. And yet you settled for less and now I don’t feel bad I’m sorry.

You got a whole circus going on …claim ALL your children if they reside with you more than half the year and u are providing for them as well. Save your receipts for childcare. Stop focusing on him and his shit. Fuck his feelings …you got kids that have lives that dont stop just because you two oh cant make the relationship work. So do what you need to …and for heavens sake dont date for a long time if u are single…give your heart and mind time to heal as well and your kids feelings

She’s 22 weeks pregnant NOT 22 years old. Get a grip folks.

Give him/her your last name and put UNKNOWN in the blank where it asks for the name of the father. Just do it and don’t look back. Once you give his name it gives him rights. Talk to a lawyer if you have to.

Are y’all married? If not, don’t let him claim.

Hmmmm … could follow some of her story? She is 5 1/2 months pregnant - she and her man already have a baby under 2 years old, but a year ago she was still with her ex who stole a computer? (Which has nothing to do with kids last names but ok?) and her baby daddy is 7 years younger (still nothing to do with last name) not w we unite understand what she is asking?

2 Likes

Don’t let him claim any of the children. You are the sole supporter, don’t give him the satisfaction of free money. If he hasn’t bought every diaper, bottle, baby formula, baby food or paid your rent and bills (together with you), then he deserves nothing. Don’t do it mama, he will only take advantage of you more and more.

By law the person who provided the majority of the child(ren)'s basic needs for more than 50% of the previous 12 months is the person who gets to claim the child(ren).
If he wasn’t working, and wasn’t providing for their basic needs (food, clothing, shelter) then he has no right to claim them.
The ONLY exceptions to this are situations where a divorce decree or court ordered child custody agreement stipulate which parent claims the child(ren). Anything else is fraud.

And your children don’t need his name for either of you to claim them. You need to dump him, get help from legal aid, and get a child support order and custody agreement in place.

If you do the majority of the caretaking, do what you feel is best for you and your kids.

If you’re taking care of the kids, you keep the money. A real man doesn’t take away from his kids. Unfortunately the world is full of the ones that do!!

Clearly he is still a child and you are too young for children.

She who claims it first gets the deduction. Not your problem especially since you have the paperwork/evidence/physical custody etc etc to show that she has done it 90%.

Claiming kids dude 5his isn’t about you. Children are not possessions. He has every right to them as much as u do. U dont have more rights cause u feel u work harder lol. That’s not how it works at all. .

Lil tip from a kid in your child’s (possible) shoes. Dont let him

If you are the primary provider and will be raising this child pretty much on your own, claim the kids. Why help him financially when it costs so much raising kids?

36 Likes

Do it yourself. He’s lied cheated and stolen. Not a good role model. You do what you need to do to protect you and your family. He’s a waste of space.

Sounds like you need to make better choices who fathers your kids. You can get free birth control at plan Parenthood. How well did you know this guy before you decided to bring children into the world? I would think maybe it was an accident but 2 kids in less than a year!

1 Like

Do it. Less confusion when your kids are school-aged. It’s only fair and should not even be questioned that you have that right

1 Like

Don’t take tax guidance from Facebook. Consult with a tax professional because a lot of the info on this thread isn’t even true!

4 Likes

Sorry but it sounds like babies having babies. Time to stop worrying about him and sort a bit of security for those babies. Good luck

You answered yu own question

Quit having children.

Ffs…what did you think was going to happen if you didn’t take precautions during sex? That you’d get a free tv? So sick of seeing posts like this… Condoms are free at the health clinic…js.

Are you married to him ? If not you deserve the tax break not him !

To claim them as a dependent he needs to be providing more than 50 percent of their support! That’s the tax law.

Give your children your name. Get on some reliable birth control asap after that baby comes

Go see a lawyer now and get all your ducks in a row now. Your kids are your only priority and lose him. Sign up for support

Why are still with him then?? Boot his arse out I had thst problem too and left but my ex best everytime he got caught cheating…never wanted to support his own biological kids ever never saw a penny from maintainence enforcement because it took so long to track him down then Klein stole the 90 thousand they collected do it on your own you have a better chance from experience

2nd kid. Hmm seems your starved for attention and having a wh8bge. I bet your posting next year with his 3rd child.

Give those kids your name!

Claim your children.

Do not let him claim those kids

1 Like

U are providing basically almost all of the regular needs u r entitled to it. If he doesn’t have s.s. Numbers than he can’t do anything anyways and u can file even if he tries and claim fraud if he attempts to use them on taxes

sounds right to me ~

Claim them and pay for them.

No don’t let him claim them

Not for social media…

You aren’t due to have baby #2 for a few months yet, so they wouldn’t even be on your tax return until you file for the 2022 year (meaning you wouldn’t see that money until early 2023). I’m just mentioning this because it sounds like you’re counting on that tax credit to help you NOW, and it won’t. At least for kid 2. Unless the government somehow manages to give it all in advance again. :thinking: I don’t know. Get child support from him.

Follow you gut feeling. It’s rarely wrong.

Run far & fast from him

Put a pin on their social. And he won’t be able to claim anyone without the pin

You need to identify him as the father, and talk to the child support enforcement division. Court for this is fairly easy, and will establish a child support case for each of the kids, as well as determining custody. There are different time shares depending on age, but you’ll get full custody with him getting ever other weekend once the babies are done nursing. I gave my daughter MY last name, but she has his last name on certain documents. The government wants to know who the dad is so they can go after him for support.

8 Likes

Sad I’d leave no use for him if he want to do that

You likely will need to go through the courts. I know it’s not fair but, you claim one and he claims one for now. Unless, you can get it into court before that.

I think you need some legal council before things go any farther & he ruins your life & the life of the kids.

Giving your kids his last name has nothing to do with filing and income tax return. I didn’t change my son’s last name. I claimed him always. His father wasn’t around. There are many red flags waving in your face. I would get that income tax asap and get on the first thing smoking out of there!

You should talk to your tax accountant. Whoever pays more than 50% of the support should be taking the kids as a deduction.

It’s illegal for him to claim anything, he doesn’t even do anything. Worry about yourself and the kids not his feelings. He needs to man up.

100%LEGIT👍
:star2:STAR NETWORK​:tada:

Sa wla pang star network mag download na kayu kasi ito kasunod ni pi network dahil maganda ang pagkagawa ng project na ito at malalakas companya ang Gumagawa .nandito den isa sa team ng pi network nasa starnetwork pati ung mga sikat na gumagawa ng facebook,google paypal at larung clash of clan nandito sa core team nila, habang bago pa mabilis ang mining mag download kana ,my free booster every12 hours para lumakas ang mining at ang maganda pa nito pag umabot ng 500k user my kyc na silang ibibigay✔️, kaya mag DOWNLOAD kana nasa baba ang link ilagay mong code na ito (mrgarrycresnera)
Para ma guide kita.

Here is my referral code for Star Network. Use the referral code to boost: mrgarrycresnera Download at OneLink.To

The law to claim a dependent is they have to have lived with you for more then 6 months of the year and you provided over half of the expenses related to child??? If you can answer yes to both those questions it’s not a matter of right or wrong it’s the law!!! Whoever housed the child for more then 6 months of the year and whoever provided over half the money needed to raise child, you get to claim child!!! Unless there’s court documents that you signed saying you. Take odd years and him even but other then that you claim those kids!!! Deadbeat dads get wayyyyy tooooo many breaks!!! What do single moms get??? Nada!!! Take what you earned momma!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:. Good luck​:crossed_fingers:

Parent providing care should claim them, however, if you have no job and haven’t met the threshold for filing taxes, then you won’t be getting a refund anyway.

1 Like

F that guy. He sounds like a loser if I’ve ever seen one. Take care of yourself and your kids. Give him nothing.

Don’t put him on the certificate and don’t give the baby his last name. He’s had any and every opportunity and he still won’t learn or step up

Fuck him. Don’t ever give in to that POS. Don’t ever sign any papers without reading them never give him anything he hasn’t earned or work towards because children take work and time and he’s not willing to put forth the effort or help you out don’t pay him for it! keep looking the other way because he probably never be there for them maybe his parents will or his siblings will but he probably won’t. And I do hope I’m wrong good luck.

So he wasn’t providing for one kid and you decided to give him another makes plenty of sense.

1 Like

You are NOT a responsible person. You should quit having kids. You don’t decide who gets to claim your kids on taxes. The court will.

It doesn’t get better so take the write offs yourself. Let him go screw around

Wow two times in a year I totally agree with Debra Ann Steele Pinkley

Last name does not have much to do with it. If he is listed as the father, he get to file them to.
Talk to a lawyer.
From the small part of the story it seems like there are bigger problems

Get rid of him . He is just extra baggage and will never take responsibility or be a hands on dad .

Oh my god! He’s never gonna be a good parent, he sounds like a complete arse. Get shot of him a bit smartish, you’ll be better off on your own. Good luck. X

Give them your name I wish I done that with my 3 as they have their dads surname. He doesnt deserve to have that right if he cant step up

Honestly, I think I keep this page for the sheer amusement of watching people post asinine questions. The comments though, oh, the comments. :laughing::laughing:

So the “father” is 15?

1 Like

If you file a child support claim on him and he has any back child support they will take his tax return and split it up between themselves and you. He has to have their social security numbers in order to claim them on his taxes. He kinda sounds like a deadbeat slacker who wouldn’t do his taxes right away anyways. Make sure you get yours done and turned in as fast as possible if you think he may know their social security numbers. As far as last names go, your the mom and you’re the one who gets to decide what’s in their birth certificate. And if his name isn’t on the birth certificate then he can’t claim them on his taxes (but then you’ll have to go through a couple more hoops to get child support). Having kids takes some work, but they’re worth it.

Maybe deep inside he dont want the responsibility of being a Father at this time…

Am I reading this right your 22 and he is seven years younger? You could be arrested if that’s true he’s just a kid

If you haven’t yet then before you can legally do a name change you have to go down to the court house and file for legal custody.its easy to do…You just need to fill out paperwork to file for legal custody.You should do that anyway…Every single parent should do it…it protects you and the children from other parent walking in and taking kids…
Stay a jump ahead of this ex boyfriend…
Then get a lawyer,if you can’t afford one,go get one paid by the state and make it all legal with the children having your last name…
If your first born already has the boyfriend last name on there birth certificate then you can only change it legally Thur a lawyer. But if you gave your last name to the child that is born and that isn’t born yet then the boyfriend will have no rights till he goes to court to prove he is the father but that means legally he won’t have to pay child support or do anything for those children…
And your children some day will grow up questioning your decision why you did this and they grew up without there father…So please be ready and prepared for that day .
It’s not easy to raise children on your own but it’s done every day but it’s very challenging…
Believe me I know.
Good Luck…

My kids have my name ,good job cos he f***ed off

Go to court get custody kids and claim them

1 Like

Its your Job to protect your new babies. Not worth it to ruin their security because you feel bad about home boys consequences to his actions. You cheat? You’re unreliable? AND you don’t help around the house? You do not get the responsibility of claiming the kids. Period.

2 Likes

This is about 2 children that money is for them. To have a roof over their heads, food in their bellies and safety. This is not free money. You have worked for it but child tax should not be taken lightly. Please do right by the children and if you are not happy the change starts with you not social media. Good luck and congrats on the pregnancy.

1 Like

Taking the deductions should mean that he did the sacrifices

Give them your last name, get rid of him and look after your children.

6 Likes

Claim them with clear conscious

1 Like

Why would you have another kid with someone so shitty?

2 Likes

Do what is right for you.

Some of yall are rude as fuck^

3 Likes

Is this even a question or you just wanted to vent

3 Likes

The right thing would be to financially support your children. Claim your kids. Children are expensive to raise. Spend the money on diapers, shoes and clothes. Kids always need something. Car seats, strollers, ect. They aren’t cheap.

4 Likes

If he’s no longer in the picture daily and your raising the kids fulltime, then yeah, I would say you should get to claim them.

Absolutely not- the person who provided care more than 51% of the time is the person that’s suppose to claim the children on taxes

Why would you give money to a man you’re already complaining about not helping-

Oh girl change your locks hes not worth it. Stay strong

Girl don’t let him claim them kids he’s going to take that money and run he stole your laptop cheated on you what else he have to do before you realize he’s no good

You get rid of him and claim your children :baby:

Just give your kids your last name. And they will turn out just fine. My sister did this and my niece just did this. Since he’s not helping out in child support just use your last name on the kids. When the kids get older they too will get a chance to either keep their same last name or take the married last name the choice is theirs. So don’t sweat the small stuff aka little details!

You’ve been there for them, no one else

You give birth, you claim

If the court does not make any orders about the tax deduction, then the custodial parent automatically claims the child as a dependent for tax purposes. The IRS income tax rules say that the parent having custody for the greater portion of the calendar year receives the deduction. If you are 90% provider, you should be the one claiming. Not sure why he thinks he’s eligible to claim, but the IRS would be on your side if you are 90% provider. Save receipts or whatever proof you have to support this in case there’s ever a dispute.