I keep getting yeast infections...advice?

Since giving birth 6 months ago, I’ve been getting yeast infections monthly. And always right before starting my period. I’ve never had one before this. I don’t have a dr to call right now as I’m in between insurances. What can I do to make it go away?

3 Likes

Boric acid suppositories. Antibiotics and typical over the counter products never worked for my reoccurring infections.

You also need your husband/so treated as well. There’s a slight chance he could be passing it back to you, very slight…but still a chance!

5 Likes

I use probiotics daily, never use anything but summers eve down there, only cotton underwear

I had this same problem started taking a probiotic that was specifically for Yeast Infections and UTIs it’s Renew Life Women’s Care Probiotic. I now only get yeast infections when I take antibiotics.

2 Likes

You gotta take pre and probiotics everyday

1 Like

might be bacterial vaginosis, not sure if you can buy over the counter meds where you live but it needs proper treatment if thats what it is Can happen after having a baby

2 Likes

The fluconazole pill helps with the cream can grab it otc.

1 Like

Also have u recently been on any antibiotics?

2 Likes

I had this same problem. Get refrigerated probiotics specifically for vaginal health. I found mine at an organic food store.

2 Likes

fluconazole. Pretty cheap at walmart

1 Like

Boric acid vaginal capsules

Take live acidophilus…its an active bacteria. Health food store has it.

1 Like

I had the same problem after having my son. I was diagnosed with diabetes and being treated helped. I do use this and have never had an issue again

Canesten. I have the same issue after having my son 8 years ago and that’s what I use for it.

Check out your local health department. Most have a program for OB that will see you for free.

Go to urgent care, they may be able to help you out.

Could be diabetes. I would get checked

I found if I ate yogurt daily I didn’t get them.

I had this problem and it literally wouldn’t go away regardless of over the counter stuff. Come to find out, once I actually went to a doctor… I was diabetic and my sugar was off the charts. Since I’ve been treated for the diabetes, haven’t had a problem since!
Sometimes your body may be trying to tell you something, and it could be a completely different “base problem”

Try taking kefir daily or change the brand of underwear you’re wearing

Maybe get it checked at some medical place. Make sure it’s just a yeast infection

I know it’s a weird question but how are you wiping? Are you wiping out to in or in to out ? If out to in then stop cause that can cause them too. Also yeast infections usually means your body has way too much yeast in it. Try these ideas : garlic , coconut oil, probiotics. Get apple cider vinegar put 1-2 tbsp in a glass full of water and drink that in the mornings and nights. Start with the lesser amount tho. Also never brush your teeth right after you drink it tho so wait 30-45 minutes afterwards.

1 Like

They have some stuff you can buy over the counter. I used to get them outrageously often while I was married to my ex, it’s been quite some time since we’ve split, I don’t get them anymore :woman_shrugging:
Your significant other could be the common denominator if you are repeatedly developing an infection. See if he’d be willing to have a round of treatment as well?

3 Likes

You and your partner need to stop eating sugar and yeast and take a shot of raw acv every day

Cut back on yeast and sugar in your diet as much as possible and try to avoid fermented foods and drinks (sorry about giving up beer & wine).

Avoid: Breads, cakes, biscuits, cookies, crackers, flour, milk, hamburgers buns, hotdog buns, pastries, pretzels, rolls, any meat fried with a breading, dried fruit, cereal, condiments, several types of berries, aged cheese, cured meats, mushrooms, buttermilk, gravies and sauces. Stick to water and tea as much as possible. If you have to drink juice, dilute it as much as you can stand. Unsweetened seltzer is fine, sugary sodas are out.

Take acidophilus pills with meals, eat plain yogurt, go commando if possible, showers vs. baths but if you do sit in a tub, avoid bubble bath, bath bombs, anything with fragrance.

Sounds gross but works. Empty a douche bottle and fill with water & emptied acidophilus capsules, squirt in. You can also do this with plain yoghurt (turkey baster can help get yoghurt from tub into douche container) Messy but soothing if it hurts/itches.

Take multi vitamins and get plenty of sleep, and yes, husband should get tested and follow your same regimen.

Don’t mix birth control with antibiotics or you could get pregnant

Are you diabetic? High sugar readings can also cause yeast infections

2 Likes