I lost my sons father and haven't cried about it

It’s surreal right now. Prayers.

I have lost a lot of people I love the most and I have rarely cried because I’m always expected to be the strong one. It’s sucks in a way. And after 15 years I’m still thinking one day I’m going to have a complete breakdown and probably cry for weeks. I’m sorry you are going through this :heart:

It took me a few months to set in the fact that my mother passed away then it hit me like a train n everything went down hill for like 6 months. Slowly climbing the mountain back to normal. Sometimes I just sit and cry alone for a few minutes regain my mental stability then go on with the day. It’s not wrong to sit and cry it took me 6 months to even let out one tear.

No two people grieve the same. It’s possible that you are still in denial and it hasn’t hit you yet.

1 Like

Everyone goes through loss at their own pace, in their own time. Right now, you’re in denial, so you won’t allow yourself to accept it and grieve. It will come and when it does, don’t try to hold back, don’t fight it. Allow yourself to grieve. Remind yourself of the good times. It doesn’t make it easier, but it will help you through it.

My condolences to the family.

2 Likes

It might hit hard one day or it won’t. We all deal with it differently . I don’t cry either .

1 Like

There are 5 stages of grief. The first stage is denial. This is completely normal don’t be worried! Sending love💓

1 Like

There’s no set way to grieve. No time limit, no rules. It’s different for every lose too.

1 Like

You’re in shock. I went through it when my sister and nephew died on the same day. The tears will come trust me. You’re normal

2 Likes

First off I’m sorry up for your loss, and no you dont have to cry. Everyone goes through the process of grieving their own way .

1 Like

Everyone processes grief differently and there is no right or wrong way to go through it. Condolences on your loss.

Everyone deals with grief differently. Maybe speak to a therapist to talk about how u feel

You are in denial that he is gone. Once it hits you will shed to many tears possible. When my grandma passed away I was in denial. I still don’t want to believe she is gone.

2 Likes

You will go through the emotions at your own time. There is nothing wrong with you

4 Likes

I could not cry when I lost my mom until her next birthday, then I lost it.

Im sorry for you loss. Everyone handles grief and loss differently. You maybe in a bit of shock and denial right now, but you may also not have tears tho with the relationship it was. Just allow yourself to grieve however it may be. You will go through all the emotions at your own time. I’m sorry you are going through this. bighugs

Everyone grieves differently. But one things I want to ask: are you on antidepressants? No judgement but I am on antidepressants and cannot physically seem to cry. That’s what comes to my mind. But honestly, grieving doesn’t necessarily mean crying. Plus it sounds like you don’t want to believe he has passed.

Baby sets… everyone greives in their own way

I didn’t cry when I lost my mom. My sister lived with her and took care of her for years. I came to stay with them the last 6 weeks she was alive. Dad had been gone 7 years and all of her siblings and friends were gone. She wanted to be with dad so bad. I couldn’t cry. I knew she was so happy now. However some time later I needed to ask her something and totally lost it.

My dad died last year I cried when he died at that’s all.I miss him but that’s how I deal with it.x

Right now it’s the shock/numb feeling… everyone goes through grief in different ways. I lost my husband almost 2 years ago… sometimes I’m perfectly fine other days it hits me like it just happened. Grief is messy.

1 Like

Sooooo sorry for you and your sons heartache :broken_heart:
Its perfectly normal for you to feel this way. When my mother passed, we all begged God to take her because she was suffering. So when He did, I was sad but relieved. Now it’ll be 7 years this month and tears are flowing because, I WANT HER BACK!! Life is so unfair :sob:
May his star✨ shine forever bright!

It will be when it happens :broken_heart: Much love and hugs to you and your son :hibiscus::rose:

My son lost his dad 3 years ago to cancer, it comes at me in waves, some days are better than others, hits worse when my son has his moments about it.

I was the same way when my Michael died. He had real bad diabetics & had to take several shots a day. He had so many close calls thur the 20+ yrs we had been married. Each time I thought he won’t gonna make it. When if did come to the end, I didn’t cry. His older son was there with me & my Pastor & I knew I need to be stong for him. My family believes in cremation & I couldn’t have friends coming to my home ( they went next door to his Mom’s house instead. But later on when I went to our small Church, it broke me down. And for a long time after , about a yr. or so, I broke down & cried so many times when he was mentioned & other times. Grief comes in different times, different ways etc. Just talk with Jesus & lean on Him & your family/ friends. You will Have this.

There’s not a time or certain way to grieve we all are different we process death different,don’t be so hard on yourself in time one day you will .most likely have a good cry,I don’t hardly cry myself but I’m very compassionate I wish I could cry like some people but I don’t

Sometimes it takes awhile and for me I just don’t cry about death but I also did 4 tours in Afghanistan so probably a little detachment PTSD and a tiny sociopathy

Every person grieves differently, I just lost a sister, but she had a hard last few months. couldn’t ask for her to be let hang around any longer.

you’re in shock it’s normal give yourself some time to process such a traumatic event in your life but for your sons sake you need to let yourself feel it and make sure you’re there for your son as well

There is nothing wrong with you it’s just how you are processing everything. I’m in the same boat my son lost his dad in December and it’s hard I just feel numb, like how did this happen? why did it happen? Plus my son is autistic so trying to get him to understand what I don’t even understand

Everyone grieves differently, maybe your a silent griever. Some people take longer to process. Be easy on yourself, you’ll deal when ready

No one can say how your " supposed" to grieve ,or cry or feel. Just take what comes. The pain , the tears ,whatever you feel or not are ok. Give yourself time. I’ll be thinking of you .

Every one grieves their own way. Don’t think something is wrong you. You’ll do it your way and for how ever long it takes you. I don’t cry easily. I understand.

Everyone grieves differently. You are still in denial and shock! It’ll hit you one day when the numbness and reality hit’s you! You’re fine and we all have to deal with grief our own way! Just be patient with yourself and remember it will come in time!

My dad passed away last month and other then seeing his body at the hospital I have not cried since. I know when father’s day rolls around or his birthday next week I will cry but I am still numb at this point. Plus I need to be strong for my babies

1 Like

everyone grieves different! nothing wrong with not crying! youll get there! ir may hit you at a very bad time !not a thing wrong with you! i cried when i first heard about my brother passing, but never did at the service! it felt strange to me, but i new he was okay and in GODs hands and i was ok! He passed fom a heart attack, onexpected! but he gave his like to the Lord and he was find with going! YOU TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS! YOUR FINE!

You are doing nothing wrong. When the time is right your heart will tell you. This seems like an oxymoron comment but the absence of grief is also a way of grieving. :heart:

It took me many years to process the passing of my grandma. I’m sorry for your loss.

Everyone grieves differently…. My boys dad was murdered….I went through so many stages physically mentally socially… but you grieve how you grieve… don’t question it don’t feel like you should have already did this or that don’t feel like you can’t move or ….the older my boys get the more they look sound act like their father…so it’s days I cry it’s days I laugh it’s days we share memories they were 3 years old and 6 months when it happened… today was my oldest son prom I literally cried like a baby and he walked in my bathroom and caught me but we shared the moment and got each other thru it…grieving has no time frame

Grief is its own journey. If you’re busy worrying about how you think you “should” do it, it’ll be a much more painful and longer journey than it needs to be.

We call grieve differently. But if you’re concerned, start a journal. Write it all out. Then, see a therapist. Maybe not weekly but every other week/once a month. With your concern, I’d watch for it to explode out. :black_heart::black_heart:

His death was prpbably a sudden 1 and you have still not accepted loosing him, you are still in shock but as soon as reality kicks in you will feel differently, remember our mind is powerful but evenually you will allow yourself to accept his death, Strongs though

As I read your note, I can see that you already know what is coming. Since it hasn’t yet, please be prepared by seeing a counselor, therapist, pastor, or someone that can be there to help you go through this sad process. God Bless. :heart: