I made it a rule for no one to kiss my baby and no one is listening...what do I do?

IF you made a rule that nobody kisses baby and someone starts kissing baby at 2-3 months old what would you do? If it was their papa would you be upset? If everyone else followed the rule but the papa? My husbands dad definitely doesn’t care and will kiss him no matter what. My family never kisses them. i don’t want them too. They won’t even hold them if they feel sick or they’ve been around sick people. My family barely visits though. I’m glad papa loves baby but I don’t like the kissing on mouth stuff

7 Likes

Never kissing on the mouth…and with all the germs absolutely not…l would stand your Ground…

7 Likes

Get them in your rules
or sorry get used to it. Especially with rsv still going around. It’s just the beginning of them then not looking at you as the parent and to respect that.

1 Like

Nobody needs to be kissing all over the baby that isn’t mom or dad. Viruses like RSV and even the flu can hospitalize and even worse for a baby with absolutely no immunity. Tell them too bad.

3 Likes

Baby is already 3 month. Ask papa not to kiss on mouth. Have you husband tell him so there won’t be heart feelings. Be glad papa loves your baby. Many grandparents don’t even come to see their grandchildren.

2 Likes

If your babies to good to be kissed , isolate your self, and the baby from everybody , I swear people are paranoid these days, yes missing spreads germs, but so does breathing the same air as anybody in the room, hence , air borne illinesses, how do you think an immune system is built , not by by isolating . If a sick , person is in the room , breathing the same air as child, you have just as much chance of illness, and actually , alot of times , people can be carrying , and spreading illness , before having symptoms , just by breathing. Kids kid sick regardless, you can go to store , and bring sickness home without knowing, be careful, but not ridiculous,

6 Likes

Nobody should be kissing baby on the mouth

1 Like

My stance has and will always be respect my rules for my child or don’t see them anymore. I made that crystal clear from the start.

3 Likes

It is YOUR kid. YOUR rules should he followed, and enforced. Stop letting people break down your boundaries, whatever they may be.

1 Like

NO! That is a health issue! If Grandpa gets upset that your protecting that babies health then you guys need to be asking more serious questions like if he should be around. I had a preemie in RSV season & trying to keep her safe was a job in itself. You don’t play with a baby’s health.

2 Likes

It’s your baby your rules. With me I guess it depends where papa is kissing the baby honestly. I don’t allow anyone to kiss my kids on the mouth and when my baby boy is here in a few weeks I won’t allow anyone to kiss him either.

You need to stand up for your baby , if your FIL can’t follow your rules he should be banned from seeing the baby , plain and simple

1 Like

If people don’t want to follow or like your rules set out for the wellbeing of YOUR child, then they don’t respect your rules. Don’t let them see the child.
When it comes to my kids, they come first and if someone doesn’t like it not my problem. Be your kids voice forever!! :purple_heart:

Good for you mom . We know baby’s immune system is not strong enough yet too withstand adult saliva , mouth germs …

I would let him love on the baby from a distance until they can learn to respect the rules you’ve made for the safely of your child. What would you do if they got RSV? Whooping cough? Covid? If you didn’t physically stop them from spreading the germs and they get sick the aunts, uncles, grandparents won’t be the ones struggling with basically a sick newborn. (Not trying to scare but let’s be honest if they got the baby sick they wouldn’t be around for a full few weeks until baby’s better it’s gonna be all on you and possibly baby’s dad, idk if you’re married, together or you’re exact situation so I’m trying to be respectful but honest)

I never really understood why people seemed all crazy about people kissing on their babies or touching them- they are only small once. Then, my already having difficulties gaining weight etc infant at 5 months contracted the RSV and hospitalized her for 3 weeks. One of the hardest things I have ever dealt with as a parent. Everyone loves baby cuddles and smooches but you need to be strict about your boundaries and if they can’t respect that- then they don’t get to see the baby or they don’t gst fo hold the baby

They can surely kiss the top of babies head? Jesus. The top of the head is perfectly safe. God forbid someone try to snuggle your kids. :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face: