I need help I'm confused

I've been with my partner for nearly 3 years and the last 2 to 3 weeks he's been lying to me about silly things like conversations he's had with people or where he's been and who he's seen also hell tell me one thing then next day he'll tell me again but its changed. I don't know why he's doing this all of a sudden. I don't control him I don't tell him where he can and can't go, I don't tell him who he can and can't see or what he can talk about with people so it's not like hes doing it cuz I control him or anything. When I ask him why he's lying to me or why his stories changed he goes all quiet on me. I Dunno wot to do anymore I don't wanna loose him cuz he's a good guy and he is such a kind caring gentleman but I don't know where the lies have come from. Please help a stresses Mrs out please.
26 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I need help I'm confused - Mamas Uncut

Trait of narcissist. Google it

5 Likes

He’s doing something that could cost him the relationship. Tread very carefully.

5 Likes

He’s obviously not a “good guy”, or a “kind caring gentleman” as you think he is. I’m sorry to have to say it but he is clearly sneaking around. Whether he is actually cheating or up to something else he knows he shouldn’t be doing, only he knows. I would tell him you’re not dumb or blind, and to spill the truth or you’re leaving. If he still doesn’t tell you, then leave and don’t look back.

7 Likes

He is planning a surprise for you🤷🏾‍♀️

2 Likes

Does he go to dr?? Does his fam have history of mental/brain illness?? Either he has mental illness or hes being sneaky. If there is fam hist of mental probs he may need a dr. I was very(unexplained) strange for awhile. 5 drs later i have brain tumor, major clinical depression. Brain conditions change folks personality alot of times. You can have for yrs and not know before you start changing, i was changing for over a yr before i found out my medical probs. He could be having panic attacks?? You dont remember what happened sometimes. I mean if hes important(worth it) to you poke into these things maybe you get answers

3 Likes

If you have to ask us. Leave.

2 Likes

When they over explain and lie…Baby,something is on his mind… and ten to one it’s another woman!:disappointed:

2 Likes

I have been lied to for at least 30 years, and why not to sure. it’s like a dirty little secret that won’t go away. !:pensive:

Are you sure things like this are just now starting to happen or are you just now starting to notice? I was with somebody(narcissistic abuser) that did this exact thing, among many other things, and it took me a while to recognize what was going on because they are so good at what they do. And I had never been around anybody like that either, until him. Regardless, it isn’t a good sign. Lying for no reason is just what those kinds of people do. And they just want to see if they can get away with it too. I would just be very cautious moving forward and if it continues(and it most likely will) I would have to get out of it and move on. If you don’t have trust in a relationship, you don’t have anything.

1 Like

I know a guy that everyone would tell me….if his lips are moving, he’s lying…Over a short period of time, I found that to be true. I call them pathological liars. It
could be something very simple and/or harmless….and the next day a completely different version. I will never understand it.

2 Likes

Because he’s cheating.
Once they are trying to hide the fact that they are being unfaithful… they will lie about everything else to hide it.

2 Likes

Sounds like a gas lighting narcissist. I’m sorry, but he’s definitely up to no good. If his stories are changing, then clearly he has something he feels he needs to lie to you about. I would say run, but I know how hard it is to leave a relationship, but it does sound like he’s cheating.

1 Like

“If it doesn’t make sense, it’s because it’s not true” truth makes sense, bullshit doesn’t. Truth will not have you second guessing and have your stomach in knots and a migraine, bullshit will suck the life out from your soul.

He’s hiding something from you. Whether it’s something bad or not you’ll have to figure out. Keep talking to him, let him know it’s concerning you that his behavior has suddenly changed and you’re not sure why.

1 Like

Lies are the beginning of cheating behavior or lying about who is not a good sign

2 Likes

Soooo yea. Sounds exactly like my bf. Found out he was cheating on me with 9 women and maintaining 4 different relationships at once… bottom line is if he’s lying, he’s doing it to cover something up. May not be cheating, but he’s definitely hiding something.

7 Likes

One lie leads to other lies and continues like dominoes he’s obviously up to something I’d sit him down and have a talk with him but if he continues I’d leave! Sorry but be wise

1 Like

Are u sure it just started or you just realized it? This isn’t something that just starts happening more than likely it’s nothing new you just hadn’t caught on to his lie. Be careful cause it doesn’t go away.

1 Like

There are good liars and bad liars, if he cant even remember his lies the next day then he’s one of those bad liars, there are however no good lies, remember “truth is the only safe ground to stand upon” Elizabeth Cady Stanton

2 Likes

Most of the time a guilty person will tell off on their self. They know they’re doing something wrong and will actually tell you without telling you. He’s up to something. Guilty people usually can’t keep their mouths shut.

All signs of cheating. I read an article about these same signs

A few things:

1. He has some kind of mental health issue; that causes his working memory to be an issue. Anxiety. Depression. ADHD. All can cause some…inconsistencies. They’re not intentional. Like when I say yesterday but an event really happened last week. Or I’ll get two events mixed together tell parts of both inside one story like they happened together.
    Or anxiety can make you feel afraid/ashamed of things that aren’t a big deal…so you lie because you’re trying to alleviate your own feelings of guilt/anxiety. Like… We’re having hamburger because I forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer…when in reality hamburgers just sounded better.

2. He’s been lying the entire time and he’s starting to have a hard time keeping all the lies straight. Like if he’s lying to you and like to someone else and he forgets which lie he told which person.

3. Compulsive lying/pathological lying. Sometimes, people lie just to lie and not because they’re doing anything wrong. I feel like this is a lot more rare…but I have heard of it. Like saying they’re with Jim when they were with Joe.

3 Likes

More likely cheating.

My partner starting 2 do the same 2,lying about lil things like where he was and cos our phones are linked and we have live GPS tracking I know when he’s lying

He’s cheating or using or something ppl don’t lie like that for no reason unless there is something mentally wrong w them

2 Likes

Sounds like you need to make a choice. Living with his lying or move on.

1 Like

If you have to lie about it or hide it, ya shouldn’t be doing it. Period.

1 Like

Liers never tell the same story twice…his went and found a side order…he wants his cake and to eat it too…more then likely his cheating on you…

5 Likes

Sounds like he’s a liar, that explains why he can’t get his story straight. Something is definitely up!

You can’t be serious? If your partner is lying to you with any regularity, your relationship is over. Get out while you can, you’ll never be able to trust a thing they say again

My ex consistently accused me of cheating saying my story changed. Nah, it was inconsequential shit and I just didn’t remember. I usually can’t remember what I ate the day before. He was a narcissist and enjoyed gaskighting me.

Guilt makes people act different and he can’t keep story straight. They don’t change it gets worse if you stick around

He’s not a good man because he’s continuously lying to you and most likely cheating. Gtfo of there. :woman_shrugging: toss that “good man” bullshit out the window cause it’s not accurate lol

Maybe they cone come from you questioning him all the time. Just a thought.

A person can only hide behind a mask for so long

2 Likes

Are you sure this is new or are you just catching on?

3 Likes

He has something to hide, so he can’t keep his lies straight.

1 Like

You didnt state his age. If he is older… he may be lying to you because he doesn’t remember… having gaps in time… and doesn’t want anybody to know… and makes up stuff to cover for it. Also…is this stuff voluntary or answers you are getting when you are questioning him…you might do it in a way it feels like interrogation. You might not control him by telling him not to do stuff he enjoys… but your attitude about it can make it feel like you are demanding information…and if you say negative things about the things he enjoys…maybe he just tells you whatever…so you can’t spoil anything for him. If you are kind and understanding and he is giving way more info on these lies than he would need to in a normal situation…then yep…by all means go with him cheating. But make sure he isn’t going through something first. Some men will keep health issues and dr visits away from their partners…shouldnt automatically go for cheating when behavior drastically changes real quick.

2 Likes

I hope it’s nothing diabolical but for him to have this brand new pattern of lying to you, it is more than suspicious. Everyone deserves to know if their SO is cheating on them. I hope the truth, whatever it is, comes out soon. :blue_heart:

He has a guilty conscience

1 Like

Sounds like he s hiding something.

1 Like

He’s hiding something.
Record him one day then ask him similar questions about the same thing a day or 2 later and record those answers.
Then play them back to him
If he gets all defensive about you recording him, kick him to the curb.

1 Like

Some people lies for zero reasons. I have a cousin and if he tells you something take it with a grain of salt.

Really, a good guy? Are you sure? I guess he is being distant with you, too. So my guess is he is either a liar full stop, or he is cheating

2 Likes

Maybe something medical.

2 Likes

He is feeling guilty.

sounds you have a dilemna walk or stay. Well, walk or continue to put up with it as talking to him seems to do no good

I can’t stand a
Liar!

Either he has something medically going on, he’s doing something and lying to cover it up, or perhaps he’s always been like this and you’re just catching on.

Maybe u never noticed before🤷💔

I was wondering if perhaps there is a medical reason. It is possible and maybe something you could look into.

2 Likes

If he’s being sneaky about not telling you things then he’s up to something he doesn’t want you knowing about.

4 Likes

Everyone saying he is a liar unbelievable. There are medical conditions that could cause it. I have small vessel disease of the brain and it affects many people in different wayw

1 Like

Are you dating my ex :woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming::joy:

5 Likes

No trust. No relationship.

1 Like

Time to sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk asking flat-out is there someone else or is something medically wrong tell him you need him to be honest with you right here right now or you’re gone

2 Likes

Have a conversation with him. Also if you have been together for 3 years he may also be trying to get things together to ask you to marry him. You never know without actually talking to him about how it’s making you feel. Don’t always jump to lying and cheating sometimes it’s not. It could be stress, medical issues or just something he doesn’t know how to tell you.

1 Like

I will ask also how old is he. Because this could be related to some sort of mental problems. If he is in his 30’s or older, then I would say he has either cheated or is about to.
Or there is something else going on with him physically. So , have him see a Dr & hopefully it isn’t bad

1 Like

My guess… he’s getting high on something other than weed.

3 Likes

It won’t change!! If he lies about little stupid ass things it just gets worst. 9 years of it for me

You know what? This sounds like something I did with my ex. I started hiding things and trying to keep a secret from him… the secret was I was trying to throw him a birthday party as he had never had one. He spoiled the surprise and claimed I was cheating on him and made me out to be something I’m not. It broke us up. It’s not always cheating, maybe the conversations are about a surprise for you, maybe he’s trying to plan something. Try not to go straight to the worst case scenario. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Compulsive liar. A disease he can’t control.

4 Likes

If you are not married maybe he is going to ask. Thats what my husband did and I nearly left him because if it. My sister had to step in and stop me.

5 Likes

If this has randomly just started I’d be concerned about his health and have him go in for a check up! What kind of family medical history does he have? Has he suffered concussions?

5 Likes

Planning on proposal maybe? Valentines day is coming up too…

5 Likes

You say he’s a good guy and a gentleman but, he’s being sly and untrustworthy. That’s a contradiction. Sorry. Tell him trust us a foundation in a successful relationship. If he continues to be untrustworthy you can’t continue in the relationship. It’s a matter of respect. Communication is also a key to a successful relationship. Sit down and have a heart to heart.

1 Like

This happened to me as well with my now husband, and he was just planning a surprise. Maybe just let him know, hey you haven’t given me an answer about why you seem like you’re hiding things from me, but it’s making me feel like it’s malicious so I need some clarification on it. Go from there.

He’s hiding something.

1 Like

He is cheating or about to. Be ready for the bomb to drop and have a plan

Not everyone is cheating. Geee ladies.
He could be planning something for you. On two occasions my husband did this. Before he was my husband he couldn’t keep his story straight before the proposal and after when he bought me something expensive. Some men get flustered when they try to keep secrets.
If he’s an amazing guy and this just started, ask him. If he is planning something or you can let him know how you’re feeling and simply ask for reassurance.
If you trust him and this is out of nowhere pray and ask God for guidance. Not everything means cheating. Good luck and hugs.

2 Likes

Early altzheimerz? Or he’s just not interested in the relationship anymore

Something is up! Thats a red flag to me

Talk to him, I would say he is planning something maybe for you or himself to break away from the relationship. The truth always comes to light so give it a week or two and see if his behaviors change. Maybe he is setting up a proposal for you and wants to make it special for you