I need relationship advice, what can I do?

My S/O and I have been together almost 5 years with 3 bio and one from my previous relationship children. When we started out we were very happy and now we are struggling. Both young parents. I have told him my feelings, about needing help, about wanting to feel loved and appreciated, and multiple other things. What should I do? Or is it time to call it quits?
3 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I need relationship advice, what can I do? - Mamas Uncut

Counseling. Everyone is so quick to throw a family away because of a stale patch. Create some romance. Nurture it.

4 Likes

Counseling. Get to the root of you…

You need a regularly scheduled date night.

Couples/individual counseling is a great way to determine the future for you and your family.

3 kids in 5 years is a big under taking. You need to make time for each

2 Likes

It depends on if he’s receptive and trying or if he just ‘tries’ for a short period and then reverts back, then he has no interest in changing and just does a few things to shut you up while having no interest in actually improving his behavior. Then go because his actions have told you he just wants you there for his own comfort and convenience without actually caring about your feelings.

7 year itch is make it or break it. I would try counseling.

1 Like

I agree! Try some counseling and see if that helps before you throw everything away…

If you don’t love yourself you wont feel loved by anyone else.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I need relationship advice, what can I do? - Mamas Uncut

Given that you have spoken to him and things haven’t changed, you need to actually say those words if things dont change I don’t see a future.

4 kids with 3 under 5 makes little time for your relationship. You need couple time maybe pawn off the kids and have a weekend alone once in a while definitely hire a sitter at least once a month, one a week would be better. Relationships take work do the little things for him you wish he would do for you even giving him flowers, make his favorite meal make him feel special he will reciprocate.

If you’re having to ask, you already know.