I need to work but do not trust anyone with my kid: What do I do?

My kids were in daycare for almost a year when I went back to school; I hated it. Once I started working, they started going to my besties place who was staying at home with her kids. Eventually I decided to be a stay at home mom, and eventually opened my own daycare out of my house. I still have a hard time leaving them with a sitter and they’re 10 and 9. JUST started hiring my teenage niece to sit occasionally for me. It’s a hard thing to get over.

Try working from home

He will continue to get sick. Exposure to more germs. Get it in pre-school, get it in daycare, get it in regular school.

1 Like

With getting sick all the time the only thing i found to work was OLLY vitamins and believe it or not tang powder drink it works so well my kids hardly get sick any more and if they do it hardly affects them at all

3 Likes

With getting sick all the time the only thing i found to work was OLLY vitamins and believe it or not tang powder drink it works so well my kids hardly get sick any more and if they do it hardly affects them at all

Look into a in home babysitter that cares for children but only has up to 3 children. I was a in home childcare provider when my children were small.

2 Likes

I was a daycare provider for years. Now I just watch my great grandson. Because we didn’t want him sick all the time. Plus there is the trust issue.

in day’s day and age i understand where u r coming from- what i would do is buy myself a couple of CAMERA’S place around in your homelike his bedroom/ kitchen and living room ! buy some healthy treats for the child only , and also tell your babysitter anything u may buy my son , i don’t pay for !put a hire for babysitting job sigh up - and interview the people that try for job. u make the rules here not the hired babysitter.- ell, at least u can try this -gl-

Look for remote jobs/work from home. Most working moms deal with this schedule and the guilt of not seeing their babies enough… your baby is on a schedule that I am sure he is used to by now. I’ve always been a working mom, kids are 15,9 and 4 and they have never questioned my work schedule. I will say that from time to time I am able to bring them to work with me and I do take and pick them up from school. I hope you find your groove through it all. You sound like an amazing mom!

Do you have any family or friends you trust that can help you out asking for help with them is the best way to find out.

1 Like

Maybe try changing the schedule. Try finding a bartending or serving job and only work Fri-Sun. Go to a bigger city where you’ll make enough in those 3 days to pay your bills. You can find those kinds of jobs where you’ll make more doing that in 3 nights than a full time job.

Don’t you have any family close by to watch him? Family on the child’s father side? It’s impossible to give advice when you state, you don’t want to be with him 24/7, you don’t trust the daycare, you can’t not work, so how people suppose to give advice?

Find a center that has lots of cameras and provides lots of updates

4 Likes

Make sure you get someone certified and who passed a background check, read reviews on daycares. As long as you do your research and make sure the people caring for your child meet the requirements to be in childcare you should ease up a bit and learn to trust them. I totally understand how scary it is even looking into daycare with how many bad stories come to light, on top of not knowing anyone. Just do your research, make sure they are cpr certified and state certified

1 Like

I feel your pain. I didn’t have family I could trust to help with my two boys so I had a friend that I payed to care for them and the word “care” was kind of sketchy. If we lived close I would care for your little one and he would have fun in the garden with me playing in the dirt and learning how to grow things and playing in the kiddie pool with complete supervision. You make me want to find a little one to babysit.

1 Like

I Get Paid 0ver $ 109 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13793 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The possibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE… https://LifeStyle8.pages.dev

Noone will ever take better care of him than you do, maybe try cutting down on other costs? I did just that and raised my kids.

In home with cameras. I don’t trust schools either.

Getting sick is common in daycares since kids are just constantly putting toys, hands etc in their mouth and germs are all over everything. Some behavior issues may be from watching other kids with behavior issues and they’re just copying. Unless you have proof that they’re neglecting him or treating him badly you can’t assume that’s the issue, if you do have proof though I’d take it to authorities and report them. Otherwise I’d call friends or family if you aren’t comfortable giving a new place a shot.

I am a stay at home mom who babysits out of my home. This sounds like the best option for you. Then maybe get a sitter for your son a day or two a week when you are not babysitting since you don’t want to be around him 24/7.

1 Like

I heard 99% of the problems we have are self created and it seemstrue

1 Like

I feel your pain. I don’t trust it either. I work Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm and my husband works Friday - Sunday 6am - 6pm. Fridays we have his mom or my mom help out. We lived on one income until we were able to find a schedule for my husband to work to accommodate not having to use day care but I understand that won’t work for you being a single mother. You could try work from home jobs but, in some cases you will still need someone to watch your child so you can work. My job has been remote through the pandemic and there’s no way I could care for my 2 years old and make all my meetings and manage my work load.

Babysitter/ Nanny - find a housemate (that maybe wants a home an can look after ur child to). References of previously babysitting etc…

Ask them to take him to parks, playgroups etc during the day.

Folks not everyone has family I’m a single mom and I don’t have anybody available or didn’t have anybody available to watch my child it was me and my son 24/7 365 for 3 years straight not everybody has somebody. My suggestion would be to either find a babysitter that can come to your home and try to get a at-home job and maybe work a more flexible schedule to where you’re still within the household but someone is watching your child for you while you’re doing your job. Or have you considered perhaps working at a daycare yourself to where you can be there with your child but you take care of other children as well. That’s a thought.

1 Like

Can you find a work from home position?

1 Like

Find a stay at home job!