I really want another baby

You ever heard of the saying, think if you became single right now, could you handle another kid more than what you have alone? If not, then don’t have another if you can’t take care of it. We’ll I’m stuck… because me and my husband have been together for years and struggling in our relationship with the same problems we’ve had since the beginning, we are both the problem. Long story short my second baby, my possible last, is turning one soon. But it actually sends me into tears just thinking too long about how he’s going to be one, or if anyone asks when we’re having another. I’m so sad because I want another, I LOVE the newborn stage, but Im not sure if the dynamic of more would work for us, mentally, emotionally. I just wish I could have another baby. I really want another but it breaks my heart because it might not be best for us mentally, more specifically my husband probably wouldnt be able to handle it to say the least. Maybe not at the moment, or ever. But as of now I’m saying it’s our last baby. Send advice and all the conversations. Thank you for listening.

17 Likes

Yes I agree, enjoy the one you have. She’s quite young yet.

1 Like

It seems like you both need to sit down and have a deep conversation about what you want out of your future together. It seems like you want another child to fill a void you arent getting from your partner. Not saying you wouldn’t love this new child. But you feel something is missing and you need to dig and find out what it is. You need to fall in love with your husband again before you talk about another baby

12 Likes

Enjoy the children you have now and be grateful, some women can’t even have 1 child. I feel Women who think like this are taking away from the children they have now cus their so focused on that, that your not fully focused on your children now in the present. And would you really give up a husband and marriage just so you could end up a single mother of 3 possibly

2 Likes

Tbh you & hubby need work. I wouldn’t for that fact alone. You need a strong kingdom to support the princess & or princes. Being a queen alone is HARD…doable no lie, but hard.

2 Likes

By your logic if your starting to slip and slide while driving on ice you should drive faster, or if your starting to feel tipsy at a party stop drinking beer and start taking straight shots, if your having relationship/parenting problems dont think you can power out of it with more children, stabilize with what you already have

3 Likes

I’ve got 2, 8 and 11 and I’m still not 100% ready to say my 8yr old was my last. Is really like to adopt. Keep an open mind.

Be happy you have been blessed with 2 children.
I was a single mom and believe me it is really hard.

1 Like

Seems the baby is your distraction from your main problem, your relationship. Maybe work on yourself and it may encourage your husband to do the same! That way when you both feel good within you will find the solution easier and then you may save your marriage… then ask for the baby lol might take a year or more but it’s worth it, trust me :slight_smile:

If you’re already having problems and have been, another baby isn’t gonna help that and you should want to raise them in a stable home. If you may want more in the future, don’t get your tubes tied. Just get on birth control until the time is right.

5 Likes

The stress of more kids makes whatever problems you already have even bigger. I’d focus on your relationship first. Also as someone with 3 kids each 15months apart… I’d suggest waiting a few years and give the baby you have now all the attention they need.

9 Likes

Same marital problems for years that’s not marriage anymore but Co-existing for the sake of I don’t know what exactly.just leave already there’s no marriage there and find someone who won’t have you second guessing yourself about having children,i am at a stage in my life where I will only choose my kids and happiness when any other ground starts behaving like sinking sand…

Every phase of your child’s life is special. I don’t mean this in crappy way but try enjoying the current moment and phase of parenting rather than focusing on what’s changing. Also here to say…kid #3 is a game changer, and not in a great way lol. At least that’s been my experience. If you’re already struggling I would not recommend baby #3. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Also you didn’t mention this but financially is another factor.

1 Like

It sounds like you and your husband have different priorities. I’d be reevaluating that marriage and wouldn’t be trying to have more kids with a man that does not want them

You could always foster newborns.

A child is more than a newborn. Its 20yrs - and not something Id bring into a known rocky marriage. Unless you fix your marriage, even your current children may be at risk of challenges that will be difficult for them and you to navigate.

Just dont do it.

1 Like

It sounds like bad timing for another baby. And that you know that. But just because you don’t have them close together doesn’t mean you can’t have another in a couple years and work on the relationship. And as others said. I have 4 kids and 3 was the most difficult

2 Likes

It should be a deep discussion between you and your husband. If he doesn’t want a baby then he will resent the baby and also you. It’s lots of stress for a father since you guys are already struggling. If you have money problems I would definitely hold off until the baby is a bit older. Daycare is very expensive. That is if your working.

I don’t mean this to be offensive at all, just my take. Children are wonderful at every stage, you will grow to miss all of them. I think maybe the relationship with your husband needs to be babied (sp?). I have been with my husband since our (his) son was a small toddler, I was never able to have children of my own. That boy is my world, and I’ve seen (see) him through all of the changes and I’ve embraced them all. He’s a teenager now, I miss the times when he was smaller, but I’m thankful for the young man he’s growing into.

Don’t throw a baby into that mess.

1 Like

You love the newborn stage…:thinking: what about the next 18 years or more…bringing children into a unstable relationship is selfish! Since you don’t list your age…if it’s your age your worried about, then maybe you better rethink your…I WANT MENTALITY!!! SOUNDS LIKE YOU WANT out of a sad relationship…no mention of what your husband wants…

2 Likes

Husband with good mental health or another baby!!! Hmmm

Age gaps are nice. You don’t have to say your done. Just say your waiting. Trick your brain. Revisit the idea in 3 yrs when baby is in school

enjoy your child now, & for the many coming years

I had my second and I’m done I’m single and it’s a struggle
Raising two kids alone I can’t think of bringing another and having to worry about care and working . I wish I could but I know I can’t so I’m
Done

1 Like

You have to make sure you’re Noth on the same page. Sit down and have a conversation with him. No arguments or bickering just talk and tell him how you feel and let him express how he feels. It’s important. Personally on my end my one and only baby just turned 1 and my husband and I both agree he’s enough because of my age and high risk pregnancy. But you have to talk about it. We considered more than just wanting a child. It was finances, can we afford to put 2 children in the private schools that we want them yo go to etc. Not just wanting a newborn.

2 Likes

How many babies do you have?
My Mom and Dad had 6.
I have a gf who is one of 16.

Please don’t bring an innocent baby into your unstable relationship. Any baby deserves the love and acceptance of the two parents, and a peaceful home environment in order to have a decent shot at a good life in this crazy world.

Maybe this is why you’re having issues with your husband because you care more about bringing more kids into the world than resolving your issues right now. Obviously you shouldn’t be having another baby if you know damn well dad couldn’t handle it

1 Like

I could have written this myself. I’m married and we have 1 child. The marriage is not healthy and I think we should split. But I desperately want another baby. My daughter wants a sibling. I’m running out of time. I’m 34 and my daughter is 11. It’s now or never for me. I cry all the time over this. I’ve wanted another for so long but held off because time was never right. I almost said f it. I planned on taking my bc out and doing it. The day before things got super bad between us. So I didn’t get bc out. I cried. I really think we need a divorce and I know he doesn’t and he will try and manipulate me into staying and when I don’t he will make the divorce hard. I’ve considered getting pregnant just so I can have my other baby and still divorcing. I’m fine being a single mom. I don’t know. Meanwhile I have to be happy for all the people around me having baby’s. It’s hard and it sucks. I have 0 advice because I’m crazy and so desperate I may get pregnant anyway at this point and be single mom. But I know the feeling and sucks. Praying for you