I think my baby is allergic to his formula but no one will listen: Advice?

I swear, my one-month-old is very obviously allergic to his formula, and no one has believed me. I’m really annoyed with the people around me in that regard. Besides calling his pediatrician-what are your favorite sensitive formulas? TIA :white_heart: We only supplement or do one full feed with the formula and may supplement an ounce here or there. Anything helps. He’s been so miserable.

Definitely talk to your pediatrician. Sometimes trial and error. My son was allergic and they put him on soy and was more allergic to that so ended up on hypoallergenic prescription formula, nutramigen.

Everyone’s babies are different please consult your pediatrician they know better than fb introducing too many different kinds can do more harm than good if allergies are involved.

We did Similac sensitive for our twins but they only tolerated it in liquid form not the powder mix

1 Like

My daughter is CMPA we were prescribed Aptamil Pepti Formula (Soya Based) She now has Soya Milk. Every brand of formula milk is all the same. It’s all made in the same factory (as per GP). If you think your baby is allergic to the formula milk. I’d speak to your GP about a Cows Milk Allergy. x

My daughter is on neocate id go to gp if u don’t think something is right my little girl suffered 4 months til someone finally listened mum instinct is always right x I have 6 tins of similac if anyone wants x am in wn88ah area my lil girl didnt take to it x

Nutramigen I believe it’s called. My sister used it for her 2 oldest because they had problems with their normal formula

If it’s milk based try soy based formula instead none of mine could do milk based formula but can drink regular cow’s milk

Mine had to be put on Alimentum. He’s doing a lot better now.

My cousin had that same problem. Goats milk straight from the farm saved her.

Nutramigen - ready to feed

I used the sensitive enfamil. Its pricey but worth it.

I have to have my 2 month old on Similac Alimentum. I knew something was wrong. Her stolls we’re almost pure mucas she was red to the touch, she was cranky all the time and just plain misserable, shed lost so much weight they we’re started to get scared. I told her Dr, and she didn’t want to switch formulas but I knew she needed something eles so I tried 2 others formulas and found one that worked great for her. She’s doing so much better shes gaining weight and she’s no longer sick. If you think you need to change formulas you do it, I didn’t and I don’t regret it

Definitely talk to your pediatrician. Sometimes trial and error. My son was allergic and they put him on soy and was more allergic to that so ended up on hypoallergenic prescription formula, nutramigen.

We did Similac sensitive for our twins but they only tolerated it in liquid form not the powder mix

1 Like

My daughter is CMPA we were prescribed Aptamil Pepti Formula (Soya Based) She now has Soya Milk. Every brand of formula milk is all the same. It’s all made in the same factory (as per GP). If you think your baby is allergic to the formula milk. I’d speak to your GP about a Cows Milk Allergy. x

My daughter is on neocate id go to gp if u don’t think something is right my little girl suffered 4 months til someone finally listened mum instinct is always right x I have 6 tins of similac if anyone wants x am in wn88ah area my lil girl didnt take to it x

If it’s milk based try soy based formula instead none of mine could do milk based formula but can drink regular cow’s milk

My cousin had that same problem. Goats milk straight from the farm saved her.

Nutramigen - ready to feed

I used the sensitive enfamil. Its pricey but worth it.