I think my child is scared to poop: Advice?

Did she act that way before or after the dhiaria? That may be why she is scared to poop…Because of the dhiaria being painful

1 Like

Why does she live with grandma and not you?poor thing is probably confused going between everyone she needs to hav some consistency and stability

6 Likes

Sometimes diarrhea can be related to chronic constipation… so if the rectum is so impacted with faeces, the faeces moving through the bowel has to go somewhere which often results in liquid stool/diarrhea. I would look into constipation as that can become very painful for children then they don’t want to go to the toilet because it hurts alot. Stool softner, increased fluids, increased fibre, increased physical activity, and regular sitting on the toilet for a good 5-10 minutes with the feet resting on a step stool can help promote passing stool. We suggest to parents to sit their child on the toilet after each meal as that is when they are likely to go.

3 Likes

I see why the child is with your mother, those types of accusations are no joke and to say something like that because the child had diarrhea and is now likely constipated is beyond ridiculous. A smart parent with any true concerns contacts a doctor not Facebook for advice but then again the child isn’t in your care so maybe you’re a problem as well seeing as how you said they didn’t even want to be with you

5 Likes

My son went through this same age and it started from a bout of diarrhea it got so bad took him to dr and was told hes afraid as he thinks it will hurt anyway dr put him on osmalax its a powder that dissolves in there favourite drinks also lots of warm baths helped good luck

2 Likes

Well first, the grandma is the one she’s gonna go to because your not around most of the time. She doesn’t care what you are labeled, she cares who is there which is her grandma. And your jumping to conclusions with the dad. Sounds like pettiness to me🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

If her butt hurts from wiping too much, wiping too hard, from all the diarrhea maybe it does hurt and maybe she is scared. Maybe she had a big poop and it hurt really bad. Make sure you talk to her doctor please.

If some of you people would have read the whole post you’d of saw that the Dr’s are already involved. She was simply just looking for other advice on how to help her daughter ease the pain…

3 Likes

My son had a similar problem. Kinda still does and hes almost 8.

The thing is that it did hurt for him to go he said it was too hard. So now I give him apple juice when he is having problems and he does just fine.

We chose apple juice cuz when he was a baby anytime he had anything apple it made him go.

If it proves to not be a traumatic problem you could maybe start on probiotics?

You don’t want to check a real good okay

I’d like some apple juice

The diarrhea is more than likely the cause. Her belly was hurting and her bum from pooping and wiping so much I’d say give it a few days when she poops again and it doesn’t hurt she will most likely ease past this issue.

Sounds like she ate something that made her stomach upset. Just let her know sometimes foods can make your belly upset and cause you to use the bathroom. She needs to be aware thats it happens to everyone