I think my long distance boyfriend is cheating on me...advice?

I feel stupid for asking this. But idk what else to do. I’m in a long distance relationship and my daughter and I were supposed to move in with him next month but things have been weird and I think he’s cheating on me but there are also a lot of other things that have lead me to this. I want to break up with him I just don’t know what to say. And it has to be over text because I know he will say a lot of mean things and probably talk me out of it if it’s over a phone call.

15 Likes

If you can’t say anything to him without him being “mean” or trying to manipulate you… who cares of he’s cheating. Those are enough red flags on their own. And you’d consider putting your daughter in that environment? No mama. Do it. Even if it’s over text. Safety over integrity.

72 Likes

Just block him on everything and ghost him

18 Likes

Well, if you already know he is going to say mean things, why would you want to move you and your daughter in with him? Saying mean things usually doesn’t make someone want to stay. Do the right thing, don’t up root you and your daughter, and continue on with your life.

10 Likes

Always trust your gut instinct no matter what!

9 Likes

If you know he will say alot of mean things and peobaly tlk u out of it then its probaly best to leave. Long distance relationships come with all sorts of insecuritys especially the possibility of 1 person or both cheating and not really knowing because of time and distance.

6 Likes

Just tell him I can’t do this anymore. Or if he texts don’t answer them, if he calls I don’t answer it. Just move on.

5 Likes

People grow up! Did you go to court and get custody of your daughter, get child support set, visitation, you obviously are desperate for a man if you are willing to subject your daughter to an abusive relationship…GROW THE F UP, GET A JOB SUPPORT YOUR OWN CHILD DO THINGS THE LEGAL WAY. YOU CANT JUST UP AND MOVE HER OUT OF STATE…WHERE’S HER FATHER…

4 Likes

It’s weird to think about putting yourself and especially your child,into a situation that you have decided ,you already do not want to be in…

4 Likes

Hmm so just block his number and ghost him

3 Likes

Sounds like your not old enough to be in a relationship. Serious…has to be over text, he will talk me out of it?! Sounds a little junior high-ish

2 Likes

Just explain that you no longer trust him and you think you should just separate and call it a day. Then block him and never talk to him again

2 Likes

Tell him “it’s not working I’m done” then block him

3 Likes

Try a relationship that isn’t long distance perhaps

2 Likes

"He will say a lot of mean things":triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post: just ghost :ghost: him

2 Likes

You gotta get some standards and realize it isn’t just about what you want it’s about what’s best for you and your Daughter! Why would you want to have her growing up seeing you allow this in your life? Is that what you want for her? There are tons of scams out there, have you been sending this guy money perhaps? Cause if so you are getting played and taken advantage of. Don’t allow anyone to ever treat you like that, put your head up and hold it high and take care of you and your kid. Let the right man find you and tell this one it’s done

2 Likes

Just text him and silent his contact on your phone

You already know you don’t want to be with him and he’s far away already.

You dont need to “crack the code” to know somethings up - long distance, things have been weird, possible cheating, and your gunshy about communicating your feelings? Dude?

1 Like

Say what you need to say and block him :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Just say goodbye and follow your instincts

1 Like

Just don’t answer his calls or texts if you’re afraid to talk. He will get the hint

You could type.“I am ending things” Then block his number.

Cut your losses and move on. Life is too short to not trust someone.

Don’t move in with him at all just get rid

1 Like

Before you decide to start a long term living situation with a partner who is not a biological parent to your child I think you should read about the “Cinderella effect” . I also would like to say that even though a long distance relationship is romantic in a way and the feelings are very real, a lot of things can be hidden. It’s easier to see what we want to see if we are looking from a distance. If you’re seeing any warning flags (suspected cheating, you said he would be mean) you should end the relationship with a text. It’s just not going to work out. And if you did ignore your gut you could be making the biggest mistake of your life.

1 Like

Your child needs you to think of her 1st. Dont subject her to his nastiness.
Youre teaching her that its a normal thing to be treated the way he treats you. She needs her mom.

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::rotating_light::rotating_light::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

Girl don’t leave where you have a home of your own and family.

This guy isn’t the one.

Take the easy way out and just stop responding to his calls and text

Don’t move in with him. You don’t live in the same area so you don’t know what he is doing.

Break it off and Block him. Don’t ever move across town for a boyfriend only after engagement or marriage.

3 Likes

Just ghost him if he’s that much of an asshole

Long distance? Have you really ever meet this person?

Why do you want this man?

Just block him. Don’t waste your time

Red flags already , if you are afraid of his reactions if you call him then text him . After you send the text block him . Find out if there is a place you can arrange to leave his belongings then send that in a text as well . If you know when he is due back in town then report to the police that he will likely show at your place and you are afraid for you and your daughter . Change locks if he has a key .

1 Like

Just break it off. If you fear he knows where you live or will come, change your locks. It doesn’t hurt. And DON’T move.