I want to get back with my ex but our families won't like it: Advice?

Why would you want to live your life that way?? Too draining, not a good example for your kids! Just gone for a short time? Nothing had changed…

Couples therepy AND individual therepy for each if you both are set on fixing things.

1 Like

As long as you are both committed in making it work and things change for the better go for it. The families will soon adjust and except it or lose you as members you all come as a package so they have no choice. If you love each other and don’t want to spend the rest of your lives apart you belong together.

Why get back together. He sounds immature. Excessive partying. What is he 18-21. Don’t get back with him. You both need to grow up.

Going back for the kids has never worked in my experience. It’s better for them to be in two loving homes than in a broken one. As much as you think you can work it out for the kids they will more than likely still feel the tension in the house. I would give yourselves 6 months apart and see how you both feel and to see if you guys even want to put in the work to fix it. :purple_heart:

It’s been 2 weeks. Go to counselling and see how you feel after 6 Months.

2 Likes

Don’t cheapen who you are. You may love him with every bit of who you are but if its not working…it may be a sign. Maybe be friends for a bit. And I’m serious. Just friends. Work on rebuilding the parts of you two that worked. Chances are if you have people on both sides who are angry its because they notice a change in you both when you’re together. Just remember … good relationships aren’t full of crazy highs and lows. My dad said once that love that burns too bright often fizzles out. Just because it sometimes feels great doesn’t mean you should allow yourself to feel sad almost ALL of the time nor drag children into that kind of roller coaster. When you realize what you’re worth… maybe you will feel stronger. Just remember there’s going to be a period where you lack so much confidence. You will feel you’re worthless. But I guarantee… if you believe in yourself it will be worth it.

Stop giving in to the love drug and see how its harming you.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t go back if I were you for the kids sake because the kids would rather have a happy mom than an upset mom. I’ve lived in a toxic house, and it wasn’t the greatest. I got a lot of trauma from it

1 Like

Try living apart and date! See how it goes. If you can work things out, then tell your family. They do not have to like it, but they’ll have to respect it.

Seriously :neutral_face:
He’s had five years to get his shit together… and you think a week apart and he decided he’s gonna be a good guy :roll_eyes:
All of a sudden he’s going to respect you??) all of a sudden he’s gonna stop partying??
:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Don’t use the kids as an excuse for anything…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
One household full of yelling and screaming and crazy arguing , partying parent OR two households calm and peaceful… :neutral_face: 
Besides everything you said above is NOT putting the kids first at all don’t use your kids as an excuse to make bad decisions… 

You doing all that work girl and he is not going to change. Save yourself and your babies queen… he ain’t the one

1 Like

It’s too soon to go back. Both of you need therapy first. Either way, why live like this? You deserve better than someone who prioritizes partying over caring for their family. Don’t go back, sis. There’s better out there for you. Just learn and choose wisely next time.

4 Likes

First off it’s no one else’s life so take him back or not no one else can decide for u. But sometimes taking them back out of loneliness is the worst

2 Likes

Be smart and stay away uless you trulycommitted to this . A week is not long enough to get your head where it should be be. Sorry no offense imtended but this was me n my ex husband

You and him are a family. Do what makes you happy. If family doesn’t like it, too bad, this is not their life.

2 Likes

You have to take a longer break than a week to figure out what it is you want in any relationship, let alone with him.Take at least a month or two. Focus on you and the kids, reconnect with the person you were and what you liked to do before all this happened.See how your state of mind is after those months…

5 Likes

Throw the whole man away.

1 Like

Girl, I had a bad break up with my man too. For about a month after being together for 12 years. Idgaf what anyone thinks, we got back together despite all the bad shit that went on because we’re made for each other and nobody else can put up with our crazy asses. Lol.

“this break up was really bad” if this is a regular thing than cut your losses and move on. let your kids have a chance to grow up without getting mixed up in your BS and ending up with some level of trauma because of your inability to be alone

4 Likes

Unfortunately it’s best to part ways but co-parent for the kids. Open communication.

I think you should wait longer than a week. You need to give them time to actually put changes in place. As for your family they have the right to feel how they feel. You 2 need to make sure you are making the best decisions for yourself and your children. Staying together for the kids is never a good idea, you have to both want to be there doing the work.

4 Likes

If it doesn’t work the first time what makes you think it works the second

It’s hard to split from someone you love, but saying one of the reasons you want to make it work is for the kids, it’s going to work out how you want it.
If you and your partner are so miserable together then why would that be nicer than having separate households, where (over time) you could both be happy?

2 Likes

Absolutely. I’m sure we all have. But it’s really hard work. And you both need to realize you have the same end goal. You’re not against each other, you’re against the problem together.
But if you’re not committed to each other, really, and the only reason you’re staying together is for the kids, then neither of you will be happy and nothing will change.

1 Like

I will say this… Respectfully what you’re describing sounds very toxic…and speaking from the child’s point of view, splitting up in THIS case is often what IS in the best interest of the children.

You need to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with enny one be sure you are both happy with yourself. The kids will be happy along as you are both happy.

If you’re a newbie in crypto, reach out to Mrs Elizabeth Selezneve (Certified Expert) on Facebook
now if you want to acquire knowledge on how you could be generating alternative income consistently from crypto… She’s the best you could imagine when it comes to analysing and diversifying of digital assets such as ₿ITCOIN.
:envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow::envelope_with_arrow:

He needs to go to treatment & be sober for a year; go to counseling separately & as a couple to co-parent.