I want to get rid of my cat but i feel bad. how can i do it and make sure it has a good home?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

28 Likes

Find a no kill shelter that will take your cat as a surrender.

1 Like

Why are you giving the cat away? I would encourage you to think about your actions before doing them. You chose the cat, the cat didn’t choose you. It’s not a toy you can just give away.
But.
If you cannot take care of the cat, ask family or friends that love cats. Find a cat group in your area. Make sure it goes to a loving home.

7 Likes

People that “want to get rid of” their pets when they signed on for a life long commitment by adopting the pet in the first place shouldn’t be allowed to have animals. Whether they are asking for help or not, this is stated as a want, not a need. The cat would be better off in a home where it’s wanted and you shouldn’t be allowed to get another pet so just don’t give it away for free on Craigslist. Do your due diligence so that innocent animal at least gets a good home and is not used for anything sinister since it’s being thrown away like trash.

4 Likes

I think it is awesome that you are reaching out for guidance. You have amazing strength to be accountable that you took on a commitment that are struggling to maintain. You are handling it in the appropriate manner by trying to find the kitty a loving home. You can always reach out to rescues and ask for assistance in finding a furever home.

6 Likes

I don’t think people should judge as don’t no her story she may have no job no money so what’s worst a animal hungry etc
You can easily dump a animal the fact she’s asking where to find a lovey home is good x

7 Likes

“Get rid of” goes so well with “#parenting”. Very nice.

6 Likes

First, don’t. :pleading_face:

If you really have no choice, post it in cat groups in your area then screen the next furrent.

Cats may not be that clingy but they are very loving, just in a subtle manner so please rethink about it. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Literally just let it go outside whenever it wants and just feed it every once in a while… What’s don’t need much to survive lol

5 Likes

At least you are asking. A no kill shelter would be the best bet! One especially for cats!

I know I want to give my dogs a new home but don’t know if they will be good to them

It’s your cat. Take care of the damn thing.

5 Likes

Surrender to Humane Society in your town/state. Check to make sure they don’t euthanize.

3 Likes

Don’t use the hashtag “parenting” when your talking about “getting rid of”

1 Like

Local ASPCA should be able to help.

I cannot believe these comments !!! Guess you can’t fix stupid !!!

1 Like

Well, this is an unpopular opinion but even though I love cats, to me it’s still an animal and if you cannot give proper care put it to sleep so it won’t suffer mistreat, hunger or anything else… But of course I know people will throw hate about what I just said :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s kinda fuckdd up… find a local resuce and ask if they space. Or ask friends and family members. But be ready for judgment

1 Like

If you can’t take care of it and love it. No kill shelter. Or on FB but charge a rehoming fee so crazy folks don’t grab it up. $75-100 will do.

Grab a bag and take a walk to the bridge…

I’m kidding!
Throw it over the fence instead

2 Likes

Love them anyway!buckle up buttercup,your baby needs you!don’t abandon ship because parenting is hard,you should have thought on the long term!

2 Likes

Any cat adoption fb pages in your area?

Advertise him in the local vets.

Contact PAWS! East Bremerton on Perry Ave. Tuesdays through Thursdays 12 to 4. Terrific organization and AWESOME people!

1 Like

Interview ppl. Same way as you would a sitter, housekeeper etc. Pick the person you feel best about… And then don’t get anymore cats or kittens… Or puppies.