I was asked not to post about my pregnancy because my boyfriends brothers girlfriend lost her baby: Advice?

I have a question, just wondering how others would feel about this. I tried for ten years to get pregnant and was diagnosed with PCOS and was told I couldn’t have children naturally, and I even tried fertility meds and nothing. Well, I am finally, naturally pregnant with my first and soooo over the moon. My boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend was also pregnant at the same time and sadly suffered a miscarriage. I am obviously sad for her and cannot imagine how she must be feeling. My boyfriend’s mother messaged me twice today, asking me not to post about my baby because ** lost hers. I understand where she’s coming from, and I’m sorry this person is hurting, but I am excited about my baby. I feel like this person should maybe take a break from FB or even unfollow me. I would not be offended at all, and I am actually upset his mother asked me that.

8 Likes

You need to live your life with celebration!!! That’s not fair to you.They should be excited & share your excitement.What will it be next when another tradegy happens? They can’t control these situations with shoving you aside.

When I lost my daughter I just unfollowed my friends that were having babies for awhile. She should do the same. You have every right to post about your child.

3 Likes

You hit the nail on the head…you have the right to post, she has the right to unfollow. I’m sorry for her circumstances but in no way does it mean you are not allowed to celebrate your good news.

8 Likes

post and make it where she can’t see it. Privacy of post can be made for everyone, friends, and says friends except… you can’t hide everything all the time because eventually she’s going to be around you and the baby so she will have to eventually deal with it

8 Likes

Post it. And just block them for seeing post. You have every right to be happy & celebrate

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to hide your excitement and not be able to post. It’s extremely sad that they lost their baby, but they don’t have to follow you, or you can block them from seeing your post. They shouldn’t expect you to hide your excitement.

Simply block her from said post…

Soon you won’t be able to hide the truth.

1 Like

You do you… you can’t control the universe

Set privacy for the posts so she can’t see them

1 Like

Inappropriately named…

What happens when you start showing ?

Yes sad but you deserve to spread your joy so post away

1 Like

She can unfollow you. Let your happiness for your miracle shine!!

We went through the same thing with my daughter and her sister in law. She still hates my daughter to this day likes she blames her.

I’m sorry I’ve been through a miscarriage myself n my friend was also pregnant. I attended all if her appointment’s n was actually happy for her… She should be happy that u are pregnant not against u. Hell look what u been through n if no one can’t accept the fact that ur happy tell them to kiss ur ass n also inform them that they’re not welcome around u or ur child.

2 Likes

You have every right to post whatever you want about your baby. Don’t let someone else take your moment from you. Congratulations! Celebrate.

2 Likes

Her losing the pregnancy has .nothing to do with you at all.enjoy they are a bunch of Nuts

Your baby is yours to celebrate. A loss of a child is devastating, but don’t punish a new bub for circumstances it didn’t create.

Your story is just as poignant as hers, so… :woman_shrugging: Imo, I think they’re asking too much of you.

3 Likes

Post it up! There’s lots of people who would be happy for you. And also it might make other people feel your happiness. She knows your sorry for her loss. They can just unfollow you. Celebrate your good news :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I lost my youngest daughter in 2017 and it hurt me to see people post about being pregnant and all the announcements and things like that but I would never ask them not to post it!!! Girl congratulations to you and you boyfriend I’m praying for a happy healthy baby and post away girl!!! You shouldn’t have to feel bad about being pregnant because another family miscarried they will get their blessings they just have to wait and pray on it

4 Likes