If you have had Covid, what was it like for you?

How long did it take for you to feel better after catching covid 19? What were your symptoms?
9 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. If you have had Covid, what was it like for you? - Mamas Uncut

Had it end of Feb beginning of March, had every symptom mentioned. Lost most of my taste and smell. Still don’t have it back and started feeling some what better a couple months ago. It was terrible, I couldn’t breathe or move for 2 weeks. felt like a pack a day smoker for the longest time.

1 Like

Caught covid in December 2020 was confirmed 5th January 2021 I was in bed for 10 days straight slept 3 whole days. I had a temperature of 39 I felt like had been hit by a bus my whole body ached. I then had what was like a huge sinuses infection I wasn’t chesty till around day 10 then my heart was racy couldn’t catch a breath that lasted about 12 days. In all I felt shockingly ill for about 3 weeks. I still can’t smell anything and I have days where I’m extremely fatigue and chesty. I’ve brain fog that comes and goes. My sister was in icu with it she only had a headache for 3 days then couldn’t breath. She’s perfectly fine now.

I feel I might have had it I lost my sense of taste and smell and now months later everything smells funky and taste a little off still- I got it during Christmas Eve so I couldn’t get tested till after the holidays and when I did it was negative for covid so I really Dk

Half off my kids had covid few weeks ago. And they are called A Symptomatic .that means they had no symptoms whatsoever. Which you wouldn’t no you have it. Unless got tested was told my a hse nurse .thar covid be in the system for 9 months

And I had it and my only symptom got was coughing constantly. Non smoker

My kids and I had it March of 2020. My oldest caught it, then my youngest, then me. We would cry at night from being so tired because either they couldn’t sleep because they couldn’t breath or I’d have to wake them because I’d hear one or both over the monitors choking not breathing anymore. When awake we could breath. So we had a lot of sleepless nights where we just cried because we were so tired. The kids got over it faster than I did luckily. I would wake up if I stopped breathing whereas they were the and I had to go wake them. My boyfriend insisted we had bad allergies. I know what allergy feel like and that wasn’t it! Finally he learned guys he worked with had it and he most likely was asymptomatic and gave it to us. We didn’t get testing as we had only just started hearing of it. The one hospital was doing antibody testing to see if people had it. Only had to do one as it was the only time we were sick. Why put both kids through blood tests when I was sick too?

1 Like

I caught it in January, felt like the flu ,with extreme bodyaches,headache the loss of taste and smell just now starting to get some smell back .i had tested positive again in April, but, I felt good then. Only thing different besides the taste and smell is my arthritis is worse than ever.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. If you have had Covid, what was it like for you? - Mamas Uncut

I never got it I am vaccinated but some of my kids go sick and was very sick my daughter in axons it took her most of a month to get better if any thing get yourfor a week or so and her son went to the hos shot my aunt’s was in the hositalso 2 of my best friends died

I was symptomatic I wouldn’t have known If I had it if I didn’t get tested . I just had like felt like allergies to me. Which was stuffy nose and lite sore throat was my only symptoms.

I had a headache (which I thought was my BP because I was 39 weeks pregnant & my BP was always high) I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t have to get tested 2 days before I was suppose to have my son. My headache was off and on like it’s been all my life.

I just had it (diagnosed Aug 31). Fully vaccinated since April of this year. Started out feeling like an awful cold (my daughter had one the week prior, Covid negative). I got a fever Tuesday (102.3) which prompted the positive test. I had body aches, severe headaches (like sledge hammer hitting each side of the back of my head each time I coughed), slight cough (seemed worse at night), severe congestion (felt like my sinuses were filled with cement), fatigue, brain fog. I only had a fever that Tuesday and then again that Thursday night. Ended up with pain in my chest and difference in breathing on day 7 of symptoms (Sunday), so went to the hospital and received monoclonal treatments because of the new issues developing. I still have what everyone refers to as “Covid brain” and my energy levels are nowhere where they were pre-covid.

Had it beginning of August. Mine lasted at least 2 weeks. I’m not vaccinated and I had only stomach issues mostly along with a severe headache. Couldn’t eat or drink hardly anything. Severe stomach pain and diarrhea. Had to go to the ER to get hydrated. Started feeling better after 2nd week of being sick. Had no sense of taste at all. Now a month later I’m back to normal.

1 Like

My daughter(2 at the time) and I(24 at time) had it right before they shut everything down the 1st time. Pretty sure we are immune to it now because we have been exposed to multiple people who had it and didn’t get sick, we were sick a total of 8 days, did nothing literally but sleep for the first 5 then had to get IV fluids from being so dehydrated in day 6. We started high doses of vit c the 2nd day and I really think that and strong immune systems are why it wasn’t so bad for us. The worst thing was the cough, also had a headache and stuffy nose and fever of 102/103. But the cough was almost unbearable it seemed.

1 Like

I had Covid in January. I ran a low grade fever and my body ached badly, to the point that my skin hurt. I slept mostly for 2 straight days only waking to use the bathroom and taking ibuprofen. I had no taste or smell. No appetite whatsoever. Coughing like I had pneumonia which I’m thinking that I may have had it. I actually busted a blood vessel down there somewhere because I coughed so much. I coughed up small amounts of blood for a day. I had zero energy. Being up for small amounts of time left me exhausted and breathless. It was also very hard to breathe. I was sick for nearly 2 weeks. It left me very weak.

I started getting headaches Aug 1st, not bad ones just felt like sinus. 3 days later I had a stuffy nose, like I had a cold. Day 4 I woke up feeling worse. Got a covid test it was obviously positive. A couple days after that I lost my taste and smell. It wasn’t fun at all. I tried to sleep but the cough wouldn’t let me. I watched a lot of Downton Abbey cause that’s about all I could do, prop myself up and doze off for a few minutes at a time. I never had a fever that I know of and thankfully it never settled in my lungs. I still don’t have smell back. I got most of my taste back but still over salt for flavor. My cough is finally lessening, but I still have only a 1/4 of the energy I used to have.

Stay up as much as you can and be as active as you can. The more you lay the more chance of it settling in your lungs. Stay hydrated… Drink plenty of water, Gatorade and Pedialyte. Also hot liquids help to break it up, soup, tea, and coffee. Sleep sitting up and find a show you enjoy on TV. That’s my best advice for anyone going through it. Best of luck to you.

I had it last september and it started as a sinus infection and then I lost taste and smell for about a month. It came back and I was fine. My husband had it too when I did and he just coughed a lot. Our kids didnt show symptoms.

I tested positive for Covid 2 months or so ago. I was pregnant at the time. 33 weeks. Took a solid 2 weeks to get over the worst of it. Felt like having the flu. Started off light, body aches and congestion. I never ran a fever but 4 others in my house all caught it and all ran fevers as well. My oldest son who is 9 ran a fever one day and then was perfectly fine after. Everyone else, myself included had body aches pretty bad, congestion, diarrhea and extreme fatigue. The cough sucked for me. I hacked my lungs out that entire 2 weeks. It cleared up thankfully right as they had to take my baby at 36 weeks exactly.

I caught in November and I had every symptom. It really just came out of nowhere. I was going to work just fine the one day I was there for an hour then body aches hit me then a fever. I eventually ended up being hospitalized and on the highest amount of oxygen. It took months for my breathing to get back right. Even now I still have slight shortness of breath but I have an inhaler so I’m ok.

Had it in January. Started with a very mild sore throat (not a strep feeling, just felt a little raw), moved to what felt like the onset of a sinus infection that never actually happened, then an excruciating headache for 1 single day, fatigue kicked in (which ultimately lasted for about 2 weeks intermittently), then lost taste and smell for 10 days. All in all, I had 1 horrible day (the headache day) and the rest of it was tolerable. I never felt like I couldn’t continue on with my day thankfully. If it weren’t for the loss of taste and smell, I wouldn’t have even known I had it. Husband also… his symptoms lasted slightly longer than mine. Overall, we had it pretty easy compared to other stories I’ve heard.

My mother in law got Covid early august. How long should she wait to take a test and it be negative? How long does Covid stay in your system?

So I was unluckey enuff to only have a massive headache for over two weeks . They told me to take tylenol and Ibuprofen. It didn’t help , I could not sleep cause my head hurt so bad. It took two full weeks to start to feel ok. However I feel like my thinkinging and response time is slower.

I had it in January. My only symptoms were loss of taste and smell… I felt totally fine otherwise

My family and I had covid mid February this year. It was a little different for all of us, thankfully none of us needed to go to the hospital or have any life threatening symptoms. For me, I just felt very tired and lethargic. I lost my taste and smell, and I got headaches a lot. I ran a fever on and off and basically laid around and slept a lot. After the first week or so of quarantine I started feeling a little more energetic but my taste and smell did not come back for a good 2 weeks and after the ordeal my breathing was a bit labored especially at work for a good month or two afterwards. We were very lucky and blessed because it could have been so much worse and is for so many others. I have felt way worse from a sinus infection than I did when I had covid, but again, that was how it was for me personally.

I had it back in January. I had one day where I felt like complete crap with the whole achey tired bull. Then it was just fatigue at random times for about two weeks. Lost my smell and taste and it still isnt the same.

I just had it. I had almost every symptom. Headache, body aches, sore throat, cough, throwing up, diarrhea, bloody nose, lost my smell and taste. It took me 10 days to feel good enough to get up and move and do things. Except I still don’t have my smell back all I smell is metal, oil and garlic I really hope the “covid nose” goes away soon because it’s driving me nuts

took around 17 days to get the taste back :tongue: & 20 days or more to get the smell . ….

I just got done with quarantine Monday. I had a slight cough (it got worse as it progressed) I had congestion but it was just like pressure, made my ears ache like crazy but no infection and I was nauseous, SO nauseous. I drank Ginger ale ONLY for 2 weeks.

My oxygen stayed at 97/98 but I couldn’t get out of bed and go to the bathroom THAT IS IN MY ROOM without being out of breath, huffing and puffing, cold sweat , need to lay down for an hour to recover.

It took about 2 weeks. I’m still tired but I can actually function without having to sit down now. But I got the infusion they offered, and it helped TREMENDOUSLY. I still don’t have my smell but I can ALMOST taste again :sweat_smile:

I had it in November. Was off work for three weeks. Couldn’t shake the fever. Still have a cough and can’t taste or smell yet. Get short of breath more easily than I did before. Only felt awful for about a week of the three weeks I was working from home.

I had cold/flu like symptoms. Those lasted about a week, but still don’t have my smell or taste back. And I had it 3 weeks ago.

My family just got over it. I had fever for a day. Lost my taste for about two weeks. And wanted to sleep all day long. My kids didn’t show any signs of covid but had it. My husband ended up in the hospital and was out within 4 days

I had it in July there, I had tonsillitis the whole fever hot an cold, my skin hurt, my actual eyes hurt, lost my taste an smell, lived on water an soup to put something in my stomach, ibuprofen an strong cocodamols got me thru it with antibiotics for my throat, it lasted a week.

Fever for a couple days. Tired for a couple days after that. Cough that lasted two weeks.

First started off like a bad flu. Lots of headaches, a fever that lasted forever and no energy. Then after about 5 days I started to feel a little better. That’s when it got really bad. That’s when the covid pneumonia set in and I couldn’t breath or get up or move really. Tried to get admitted to the hospital but they said there wasn’t nothing they could do for me. My husband actually was admitted for 5 days cause he oxygen was lower. This was around day 10 which they said is the worst and hopefully your body will fight off the pneumonia. It eventually started to but it took a good month before I was better and I still have lingering issues. This was back in January when I had it. My son was also sick with it and I couldn’t really do much to take care of him cause I was so sick. It spread like wildfire through my house.

I have it now and i feel like I’m dieing.

1 Like

Never lost my taste or smell, never ran a fever. Had some upper back pain (lungs I assume) a headache and was really tired. But that’s like everyday for me! :joy: I’ve honestly had colds worse than my round with Rona. No one else in the house caught it from me. Props to bleach wipes. I was one of the lucky ones!

About a week. Runny nose, headache, body ache, soft cough, loss of smell and taste. Wasn’t too bad for us thankfully. But it’s been a few months and I still can’t really smell anything that well.

Family member of mine had covid last Oct so 11 months ago and still having trouble from it

I had the Pfizer vaccine and got Covid. I’d say I only had about 3 bad days. I lost smell and taste for 4 days but it came right back. It felt like a sinus infection but my nose was completely clogged. Couldn’t breath , only with my mouth opened.

My 11 year old son had it and all he had was a headache, fever and a sore throat for a few days. Thankfully no one eles in the house got it. I think I got it last month after he felt better. I had congestion and a fever for one day. But I had no appetite or energy.

My son had a cough and runny nose, my daughter have a cough, sore throat and had some trouble breathing and the only thing I had was that I could not taste or smell for 3 weeks

I had it back in January and it was bad for me. It felt like I had a very severe case of strep throat, my temp peaked at 105.6, I had no smell & everything tasted rotten/soured, my throat closed shut on me a few times, I could barely walk or talk. I was miserable. In hindsight I should have went to the ER but I didn’t … I just suffered through it

I lost my taste and smell for about 5-6 weeks and even still my sense of smell isn’t how it was.
The first 3 days (of symptoms) were absolutely terrible. Very very bad body aches and headache with fever. After the first 3 days it lessened but extremely tired for about 6-7 days. Had a cough throughout but didn’t really hurt to cough.
My husband and 2 sons also had it and their symptoms were similar and some worse than others

I didn’t even know I had it until I lost my sense of taste and smell . The only for sure way of me knowing was my husband blind folded me and he gave me a shot of fireball. I didn’t even taste it . I went to get tested and I was tested posited with the quick test.
I got over it quick . I still worked out from home and nothing changed for me. My kids didn’t get it nor did my husband .
This all happened at the end of October of last year. So far none of us in my family has gotten it or me getting it agian. I have no lasting effects whatsoever.

2 Likes

Fever. Body aches. The worst headache. Upset stomach. Hard to take deep full breaths. Absolutely no smell or taste. And as weird as it sounds my eyeballs hurt to move them. (I don’t have any better way to explain it.) That’s how bad my head hurt.

It was awful for me! It’s been different for everyone I know who’s had it. My first symptom was terrible chest pain. It hurt my chest just to touch it. I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest for a month. I couldn’t walk from the couch to the kitchen without getting winded, I lost my taste and smell for a month too. My cough lasted a few weeks. I was also extremely tired.

I tested positive and had absolutely no symptoms. Both of my sons (4 and 2 years old) had it and only had a sore throat for a day and then they felt fine. The only symptom my Fiancé had was loss of taste, which returned in 2 days.

I tested positive last Tues Sept 7th I feel better, but I do still have a stuffy head and no taste or smell. I did receive the antibody infusion on Wed the 8th not sure if it has helped. I only ran a low grade fever of 100.5 for about a day the rest of symptoms were bad headache, chills, body aches.

When I had it I had a cough for 2 days and a stuffy nose. So it was going well. Then I got a fever and couldn’t get it down for over a week. Now I’m almost at 4 weeks and coughing, stuffy nose, fever but it breaks with ibuprofen. And still no taste or smell.

i only lost sense of smell then taste, it came back fairly quickly no “sick” symptoms at all

It was the worst thing I ever felt. Headache, body chills, feeling weak, i would loose my breath alot. I tested negative last week but still feel side effects. I know my body is not the same.

1 Like

It was terrible. One of the worst experiences ever and it was something I have never ever experienced before. I’m not exaggerating when I say that. I felt like I was going to die everyday and I was super weak. When I made it to the clinic because something didn’t feel right. I almost fell unconscious. Left the hospital with oxygen because I couldn’t breathe for shit either. Got prescribed medication for mucus in my lungs. Eating was difficult because everything tasted like shit, my eyeballs hurt and one eye looked droopy, body aches, really bad cough my chest hurt/head hurt, chills. Few months later my hair started fallig out in masses. I ended up with a bald spot.

Got sick beginning of Jan. Was unable to walk well for 3 months. Could not catch my breath. No fever coughing coughing and coughing. Was on my couch for 3 months. Still feel the effects today.

I never even knew I had it! So pretty easy on me :rofl:

Started with slight cough for a few days. Then unpleasant neuralgia type feelings on my scalp. And Dizziness. Lost taste and smell. Taste is definitely still not right. Smell is not back after 3 months.
No temperature.
No headaches.
No tiredness. Also got slight lower back pain that developed into numb leg and foot which turned out to be a herniated disk. Doctors said there’s no connection. I’m still not convinced. Took Ivermectin, Cortisone and Antibiotics early on.

1 Like

Fever, insane body chills, throwing up bile bc I couldn’t eat. Ended up at the ER and got diagnosed with Covid Pneumonia, got fluids and now I have a lingering cough. Covid fog had me scared. The worst part is the insomnia. I cannot sleep to save my life now and I’ve tried so many things!

I was sick for 4 days. First day I had a massive headache that was hands down the worst headache I have ever had. 2nd day, body pains and aches, I couldn’t move without being in pain. 3rd & 4th day were just soreness & fatigue. But after that I was completely fine, until on the 6th day I lost my sense of taste and smell. That only lasted a few days but it wasn’t entirely terrible. I did walk twice a day in the sun and load up on a bunch of vitamins and supplements/Chinese herbs. My boyfriend was sick for 15 days & lost 15 pounds. He didn’t take the vitamins as often and didn’t walk around at all. My 3 year old & 4 month old just had a small cough & runny nose, nothing bad at all.

I had a migraine, but I always have migraines so I didn’t think much of it. I only got tested because someone I was in close contact with tested positive. I was certain I’d be negative, but I wasn’t. Headaches only lasted a couple days and then the only struggle was being stuck at home for days.

I felt ok just body aches, sore throat a little dry cough, stuffy nose for the 6 days but then 6-10 days it was hard to get out of bed. Very sick to my stomach and felt awful I didn’t get better til around day 17. I still don’t smell that well my taste has changed. I have hair loss and I still cough if I lay on a certain side. I still have a little brain fog too. I had covid at the end of June.

Lost my smell and taste, my allergies were crazy,and the biggest headache ever! When I took the test I cried like a little bitch, because I am over weight and I have asthma I was referred to get the antibody cocktail. The place was scary as hell, I felt absolutely helpless…but thankfully I got better pretty quick. My husband got a mild case of covid and it took over a month before he was able to go back to work. Thankfully he wasn’t sick enough to be admitted, but bad enough to have to be going several times to urgent care. He got alot of medicine and steroidal shots to help him. It was awful. We allll had covid, our 5 kids. My 16 yr old tested positive and I had her quarantined in her room, 10 yr old son, 5 yr old daughter had no symptoms and we’re quarantined in another bedroom for 10 days, and our twin 2 yr olds who slept with us still had some fever and were kinda fussy. It was a horrible ordeal because we were sick and and couldn’t really rest because we were scared for our kids!! It was awful.

Stuffy nose, exhaustion, migraine, loss of smell and taste. Last about a week and 2 weeks for taste and smell to come back. Honestly I was terrified to get it because I’m a type 2 diabetic but it really wasn’t that bad

Tired!!! Took a little over a week for the cough and runny nose to go away, my 18 month just had a cough and runny nose for 2 weeks (her first sickness ever). About the same as the common cold but not as bad as the flu

My throat felt like I was swallowing glass and the fatigue body aches headaches were bad after a month I felt fine, 2 months for my taste and smell to come back and 4 months for my energy to return to normal unfortunately my brain fog is still hectic and if I dont take vitamin supplements I struggle. Still go to bed early and I still tire easily but not as bad as what it was