If you have one c-section do you always have to have them?

I had one, had to have another five years later, and a third eight years after that. I was cut two different ways. I really think it’s what the doctor thinks is best for you and the baby.

No. My mom had a c section with my brother and had me vaginally .

Depends on your situation. I was told not to get pg again but if I did I’d have to have early C-section.

Our daughter had twins by csection! 19 months later had a singleton vaginally! VBAC!!!

With my second pregnancy I signed papers saying I did not want an elective c section. It turned out I have a heart shaped uterus so the kid was lodged and there was no way she would flip. So a second c section it was

Your doctor can do Vbac.

I’ve has 5 C-sections and one vba2c (vaginal birth after 2 c-sections)

1. C-section
  2. C-section
  3. All natural vaginal birth
  4. C-section
  5. C-section
  6. C-section

I was told it depends on your doctor and the reason for csection the first time. Im eligible for vbac but can opt in for another csection

Depends on your health & doctor. I had first Csect, middle births were vbacs, and #4 was suppose to be another Vbac, but last months of pregnancy my blood pressure went sky :rocket::pensive: so csect it was.

It depends on the Dr and the reason for the c-section. My daughter was a c-section due to failure to progress after being induced. My OBGYN told me he didn’t see any reason we couldn’t try a vaginal birth if I get pregnant again.

1 Like

Depends on how you were cut. I had another vaginal birth after my first cesarean, but with my second cesarean, the doctor told me that it would be too dangerous to ever try a vaginal birth again due to the way they had to cut to get her out. Generally, you won’t be able to find a doctor willing to deliver a canal birth if you’ve had more than one cesarean.

I did but only because I had an emergency c section with my first and found out while pregnant with my youngest I have a narrow pelvis and an OB gave his personal opinion that attempting a VBAC was not a good idea. Consult your OB

1 Like

My OBGYN highly recommended having all C-sections after my first was an emergency C-section.

1 Like

My first one was natural. Second was emergency c-section because when they broke my water he was breech. My third was natural. The midwife checked the scar on my uterus and said it was fine, didn’t have any issues with delivery.

Depends mainly on where you deliver. Of course, there are so many variables that anything can change during pregnancy or labor, but if you find a hospital with a good VBAC rate, you can find a physician that supports it as well.

No. My mom had two c sections and I was her third and she did a natural birth with me.
All 3 of us born in a US hospital

1 Like

Not necessarily. It depends on why you had a Csection, and circumstances of later births.

Since a lot of people already answered, I just wanted to add that your body didn’t fail you because you had to have a c-section! I know some moms feel that way or they’re somehow “missing out” in the birthing experience because they had to have one. But it’s not true! All that matters is your and your baby’s health!

1 Like

My first pregnancy was all natural. My second I had to be induced and my baby was real big and she got her shoulder stuck but I was able to push her out. Third baby I had to have a scheduled c section tried to do it early but there were a lot of scheduled ones but I had him on our due date and he was as big as my second kid just one ounce less. I was told to do the c section to avoid another child being stuck but if they properly saw me (way before covid) and actually measured I think I could of avoided it. I will have to have only c sections now because apparently “if one kid got stuck the rest will follow” it’s just a precaution. And I don’t want to have another kid. I’m happy with having one baby boy.

It’s really due to the reason why you had a c section. But I think that it is possible to have a normal delivery without c section.

Depends on the direction of the cut and position of the baby. 1st 2 were breach, 3rd was head first

I had an emergency c section with my first. With my second my doctor gave me a choice. Due to my type of complications during my first I opted for another csection.

No. You can have a natural birth if medically possible the next time!

I had 2 c sections first and then two natural births. You don’t have to keep having c sections.

No I am a doula and a VBAC is definitely possible. Speak with your doctor about it and if they don’t agree get a second opinion. Also speaking to a midwife may help.

No. Plenty of mothers had a c section then natural birth as well

Yes my doctor told that because they didn’t want my scar to come open.

Nope had a home water birth after one.

My doctor would not let me have a natural birth for my second since my first was a c-section

As a mother of 6 kids, all born in different states, countries, and cities, I had 4 natural births, a cesarean, and then a VBAC. It depends on you, how your births went, and Dr opinion… I had my daughter in 2004 at Georgetown Community Hospital in Scott County. I basically told my OBGYN at the first appointment that I planned to have her natural and that if he didn’t agree to let me know so I can find an OBGYN that did. I also told him he could have a cesarean ready as plan B if something went wrong. The reason I had the cesarean was because they had just came out with this new device that they stick inside you to attach to baby’s head to monitor labor. The girl that put it in was a student and she put it in wrong and it attached to something else and when she took it out to try to fix it, something ripped and I started bleeding so I needed an emergency cesarean. If a Dr tells you health wise a reason for a cesarean, research it and get 2nd opinions. Many just the quick in/out and it’s more $ in their wallets, not a medical necessity.

Yes, I had an emergency c-section with my 1st, the 2 vbac

That’s weird, I was literally just thinking about this. I thought so, but maybe not.

I had the option to have a natural birth with my second baby after having to have a c-section with my first.

No. My first child was a c-section. My second was natural and went just fine :slight_smile:

In the US you have to find a doctor who is willing to do a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) as well as a hospital willing to support one. There are hospitals that will not entertain the idea, but with the right medical support a VBAC can be possible.

3 Likes

It depends on why the c section was performed . vag birth after c section is possible.

I had to back in the day. Things might have changed now not sure.

1 Like

I had 3 c sections i tried a vbac with my last baby just.born a.week ago.but my body couldnt do it after 40 hrs i decided to.do my 3rd c section

My first one was a c section and my second was not. I got to experience both

No my first was a c-section.Second was twins had them naturally amazing experience :grin::wink:

My niece had 2 c-sections and a vaginal birth for her last one

My first was c-section, second was vaginal and third was c-section.

Not always bt most probably der is a chnc fr c sec bcs of risk factors
I had 2 c sec nd waitng for 3rd…i had an emergncy c sec for frst dlvry and for second i tried for normal dlvry bt it was a big failure.my prev csrn scar got rupterd and went for an emergncy c sec…

You have a choice of a csection or a vbac

Most of the time yes

Depends why you had the first c-section

No. first was c-section next two natural

It all depends on the doctor and the health of mother and baby

Depends on why you needed it the first time. I have had 3. First baby actually got stuck, my pelvis wasn’t wide enough. If my second had been a smaller birth weight we were going to try for a v-bac but he was getting too large as well. So for my 3rd an automatic scheduled c-section.

Depends on the doctor.

Typically yes. It’s up to the Dr but you can try a natural one if you want. I had one and then with my second I tried a vbac but my birth canal was too narrow so i had to have a c section. As long as you and baby are ok you can try natural.

My first were twins by c-section, I had 3 more after that by natural birth. Upto doctor and person.

I had a c-section with my first, I was allowed to attempt vaginal birth with my second, as long as I went into labour myself. They won’t induce you. I had a successful vaginal birth with my second and third.

I’ve had csection, vbac, csection (breech twins) and a vba2c :blush: depends on how supportive your dr is​:heart:

No not for some mom’s. I have known many moms who had c-sections and then had natural births. Sometimes it up to the dr and up to the person.

I am 19 days from having my third c-section. My first was 14 years ago and my second was 6 years after that so things may have changed but I was told that I could try for a vaginal birth on my second child but after that it would be too dangerous and any child after 2 would be a routine cesarean.

I had csection for my middle who is 6 and then natural for my now 2 year old

You can either choose to have another one or go natural. I think I will do another iv always been told it’s a piece of cake the second time around when it’s scheduled

Depends on your hospital and Dr…

There’s so many factors but vbac (vaginal birth after cesarean) is possible

Most doctors will give you an option & tell you the pros and cons

No you can have a v-bac which is vaginal birth after cesarean

I had a emergency c section with my first daughter and had 2 successful beautiful vbacks with my second daughter and third daughter. :grin:

Depends on the state

No, you have to meet a set of requirements your doctor typically sets to have a vbac though.

No it doesn’t. If you end up having a second csection then yes. I had one tried for a vaginal But didn’t work out n all mine eq
WasQAQAAAAQSqqqsqqqsssssasquea we ended up csections. Some doctors will scare you from trying to have a vaginal

After the first c-section a zipper was put in for the other three!

Some places “won’t allow it” due to legality of not having as many anesthesiologists available at all times. Bigger hospitals usually let you. I had to drive 2 hours to be at a hospital that would “allow it”. My second baby was emergency c section. But the 3rd and 4the were vaginal. I was told that hospitals can’t push you out or force you into a surgery you dont want as long as you’re awake and making the call. Theyd be forced to let you labor and attempt delivery. But call around. More and more places are open to vbac. My 4th was even induced!

I’d ask a medical professional… some women do and some dont

I was allowed to attempt a vbac, but all three of my children were 10+ lbs so i felt it was safer to schedule a section to avoid hours of labor to not be able to push them out