I'm a black mom to be can people suggest strong black baby boy names?

This question was submitted anonymously by real people looking for real advice. Please be mindful with your responses. No bashing or derogatory comments will be tolerated.

21 Likes

I didnā€™t realize names had races.

110 Likes

Why canā€™t you just ask for boy names?? Why does it have to be race specific???

12 Likes

Guys some times people want to name their children with their heritage in mind . There is a history to names . And yes some of that history comes from a certain region, or country that is predominantly made up of a certain race . Like I wanted a name for my daughter to convey she was Irish,so we went with River Ireland Merrie. If this momma wants a strong black name there is nothing wrong with that . Not every thing that is race specific is racist . I promise

22 Likes

Why do we all call for unity and then insist on division? This is a silly question

9 Likes

I wasnā€™t aware names were in certain categories. But I love Samuel. Charles. Jack. Dylan. Iā€™m not a big fan of names that can have nick names but I love Samuel even if itā€™s Sam. I feel like a name can be strong if the person is.

3 Likes

Really? Figure that on your own itā€™s your baby

4 Likes

Jude (it works for a boy or a girlā€¦ of any ethnic group) and itā€™s a beautiful lullaby, itā€™s unique, I will always recommend this name! Iā€™d have named my son this if my Ex husband didnā€™t have a meltdown over it

3 Likes

LaTarian, JaDavion, messiah, Daviontae, JaQuellā€¦ Those are names I like and people tell me they sound hood. Not sure if theyā€™d be considered strong to someone else

Dante, Reggie, Stanley, Tyrese, Quinton are a few of my favorite names from some of my favorite people! :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart: Congratulations on your new upcoming addition to your family!

Onyx, Coalā€¦ Those are strong black names since itā€™s just a color right? And they wonder why those who arenā€™t African American or of color think thereā€™s a double standardā€¦

4 Likes

George or Bob, anything but Sue!

10 Likes

Why is the a question in this group? What does it have to do with my husband is a blessing?

2 Likes

One name I really like is DeMarcus. Another is Monroe. My youngest sonā€™s middle name is Monroe. We call him Roe for short sometimes.

Titan, is unusual but definitely a strong name.

This is why there is no name attached because too many of yā€™all come on here to start stuff. :roll_eyes:

How about James, John, Matthew, Mark. I like biblical names.

1 Like

Why are people mad? Whenever I looked up names for my babies I looked up Mexican names since they are mixed :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

All boys namesā€¦ Michael, Jeffery, Peter, Brad. Just give him a name you love!

2 Likes

What admin approved this!?! Its fine to ask for your heritage names but the way this is worded is awful!!!

4 Likes

Is there any difference between black baby and white baby names in a so called civilized society. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

6 Likes

ebony
jet-black
blackish
sooty
swarthy
atramentou
charcoal
clouded
coal

3 Likes

But not a violation of FB

2 Likes

Why does race matter? A name is a name :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Elijah, Ezekiel, Nathaniel, Theloneus (Theo), Tobias (Toby) just a couple ideas

2 Likes

Dont worry yall I asked if we can get a list of strong white names too since apparently race matters.

4 Likes

Ezekial Mose NoahJohn James Matthew, Mark Luke Biblical names.

1 Like

I love Adonis like off the Creed movies of the Rocky sequels :blush:
I also like the name Thaddeaus or Demarcus - and Von or Vin
Like Vin Diesel and Von Miller :joy::joy:

Zakary, Adonis, Ezra , Xavier ,

1 Like

Reginald, Martin, Jayvonne, Marcus

Strong South African Black male names : Sipho, Thabo, Vusi, Sello, Kagiso

Thatā€™s a stupid question name your baby whatever you want to dumbass

Here ya goā€¦this may helpā€¦

2 Likes

Denzel. Morgan. Shemar. Damon. Samuel. Andre. Devin. Just a few good ones :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

My son is biracial. Iā€™m white and his dad is black. We named him ā€œsuede.ā€ People didnā€™t like it at first. Probably because it was unusual for a name. But heā€™s 27 now, and he and everyone else loves it. Canā€™t imagine him being anyone else. Heā€™s strong, heā€™s educated, heā€™s very professional, and very respected. I love his nameā¤ļø

10 Likes

My husband is Caucasian but I love his name. His name is Malcolm Patterson. Itā€™s a family name. Ironically his grandfather on both sides of the family was named Malcolm Patterson. Seemed to be a perfect name since both of these men that didnā€™t know each other ended up with the same exact first and middle name in the same family.

1 Like

Iā€™m white and my husband is white and we have 2 girls with the name of jasmine and shayla and I was told those are black people names ā€¦but I didnā€™t care cause I like them and thats what I chose and my kids are strong, outgoing, caring, loveable, hard headed, and very passionate with what they want in life , and my sons are Austin and Dominic I was also told Dominic was a Italian name but again I didnā€™t care ā€¦my kids make me proud with everything they do in life :heart:

1 Like

First of all itā€™s all the white people having tantrums over this. Thatā€™s bizarre. We can all pretend there isnā€™t color and itā€™s not a thing. And being a white child that grew up in a black family, I can tell you that your name is relevant. That those jokes about bonquaqua and shaniqua and whatever else is just what beautiful names are in the culture. And if a black little girl goes to school, especially in prominent black areas and her name is Amanda that child will get tortured. There shouldnā€™t be society differences but there is and if you are white, your opinion on that is irrelevant. You send your
white child to school with the name laquisha and see how that goes for you. Sorry itā€™s that way folks but it is. Maybe one day it wonā€™t be and no one will see color.

I love the name Demetrius and call him Demetri.

3 Likes

How about giving a baby a strong biblical name? Or just pray about it, let the baby be born and then name him.

Any name given with sincere thought and prayer will be strong! Doesnt God already know his name? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yā€™all need to chill out. Yā€™all made this post about race when all she asked for is a strong black name. I get it. She doesnā€™t want to name him John or Mark. She wants a powerful black name like Xander or Denzel. Whatā€™s so wrong with that? If I was asking for baby names I would probably point out that Iā€™m white and would prefer a white sounding name if thatā€™s what I wanted. Otherwise people would just suggest random names that may not fit the personā€™s culture. Itā€™s really not that complicated of a request.

3 Likes

Chadwick Ezra, Samuel, love Malcolm, Martin is good too! Give him a strong commanding attention name, then, make him a strong compassionate man!

What names stick out to you so far? Your favorites that you are already deciding between? I love the name Demetrius. Not sure if it is of African heritage or not though.Hope you find the name that best suits you soon! Good luck!

Briar & dads middle name mayby.

I like Malachiā€¦Kai as a nickname.

4 Likes

Do you know the region of Africa from which your ancestors were born? There might be a site that can take you to local names and their meanings.

1 Like

I always have loved the name Dominic

1 Like

How about Barack Hussein? :laughing:

4 Likes

Donell is a good name. I know because it is my oldest sonā€™s name.

Me either name him after his daddy a Jr.

Benjamin means son of my right hand. Nicholas means victory

Amir, it means King
Khalif, it means Ruler/ Leader

These comments do NOT pass the vibe check AT ALLšŸ˜”

1 Like

Davon shawan dingleberry

Darnell, Deshawn, marquise, Terrell, Trayvon, Tyrell, Hakeem Jamal Maliq Darius DeAndre , Antoine

Darius, Jamal, Treyvon, Tyrek, DeShaun, Mykel, Tyrek, Demetrius

Joseph, Terry, and Elijiah