I'm living a lice nightmare, help!

Have you tried tea tree oil?

Fairy tale spray, high heat blow dryer, comb before shower, in shower, before conditioner, after condition, right after shower and then spray then blow dry highest heat for minimum 30mins then comb again, then spray

Use a staightner in her hair as close to the scalp as possible it burns the eggs

1 Like

Cover her hair with Mayonnaise and a shower cap for twenty four hours then wash out and use the lice comb works well and it helps to release knitts

Put mayo in her hair wrap in Saran wrap overnight with a shower cap over it rinse in the morning with Luke warm water and wash with a shampoo with tea tree oil in to also get tre oil and put in a spray bottle and pray he bedding stuffiest everything daily for a week or so this is the only thing that worked on my daughter good luck momma

Blow dry the hair on high heat daily for 30 days. Any comb or brush you use needs to be soaked in boiled water or put in a ziplock bag for 3-7 days. Lice can’t handle the dry heat from the blow dryer. Flat irons help with the nits, but usually don’t get close enough to the scalp to kill the lice that are there.

When my god daughter got them, I did too and we used apple cider vinegar on my hair. Bought the like gallon jug and I basically showered with it, let it sit for an hour and then my friend spent 3 hours going through my hair because I had already tried allllll of these tricks. That was 4 or 5 years ago and I haven’t had a problem since and she still continues to get them.

The nits under hair above neck have to be completely removed one by one. Vinegar helps loosen them

I SWEAR BY THIS METHOD
12 drops of tea tree oil
12 drops of neem oil
1 jar of coconut oil (you might need 2 since her hair is so long) Mix all together. Apply all over hair getting it extra on the scalp. Place shower cap over hair and leave on for 2 hours. Comb through with a nit comb then wash. Repeat in 10 days. I swear by this my daughter is 14 we have done this 3 different times in different grades and it has worked wonders. Didn’t even have to do a repeat.

Lice fairies is a place by us that does this, maybe look in your area for similar salons that do this

I did the mayo route with my daughter. Nurse suggested it. We left in covered and washed it out. Basically used a whole jar because her hair was so long and thick.

Mayonnaise cover her hair completely keep a plastic bag around it over night. Bag up anything and everything that can’t be washed for 72 hours or longer. Also check your hair. And everyone else’s hair in the house or where she goes often. All hair ties, hair accessories bagged up or thrown away start over. Same thing happened to me when I was little and it took months to get rid of until we literally took everything out of the house. Any thing I touched basically got washed daily.

I had the same issue. My kid’s hair is very long as well. I bought Vamousse from Walmart and used it. That is what we used to get rid of our issue. I didn’t have to cut their hair as well. Depending on length and thickness you might need to use 2 boxes. Good luck

We used this under shower cap for a good 8 hours and it worked. Had littlr success previously good luck x

Not going to be the popular opinion but my daughter had super thick long hair. Super lice were driving us insane. I cut it. Right below her shoulders. Then with treatment etc they were gone within about 2 weeks and we have not had a case since. Cutting her hair helped us fully comb and treat.

2 Likes

Mayonnaise in the whole head covered with a shower cap for 2 hours. (Suffocates the live) then vinegar rinses daily followed by lice comb for a week. Worked on someone I knew with the thickest hair ever. Vinegar makes the nits slide out

First off, cut her hair. I know it sucks but it will grow back. Second, you need to tell everyone yall have come into contact with the past month that yall have lice. This is probably where your problems are occurring, too much hair, and not isolating enough long enough to avoid catching it back.

I have always had super thick hair, I constantly got lice from ages 4-8 because of my older siblings who come to visit on weekends. My mom eventually had to keep me from them for years because their mother wouldn’t get rid of the lice.

You have to literally go pieces at time its so easy to miss the eggs. You need to treat 1-2 times a week with daily combing and you go strand by strand through her head. Bag & spray all stuffed animals for at least a month, wash all covers, sheets and clothes, spray anything cloth, couches, carpet, animal beds etc… sucks but the only other option literally is to shave her bald.

You literally need to just pick the bits out yourself. It’s the only thing that works

She keeps reinfesting herself from something

1 Like

Tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner and also tee tree oil mixed with water and a spray bottle!

Quit nits, it’s amazing

Do a treatment to kill the live bugs make sure you follow the directions! Then blow dry her hair, then use a flat iron every day for a week! All it takes is missing one nit for the craziness to repeat. Keep at it you’ll get it!!

Does she goes to school?

When I was a kid I had a lice problem and my hair was also down past my butt. My dad would wash my hair with vinegar and all my bedding and stuffed animals all that he would put in the dryer before washing them to suffocate the lice.

We tryed it all the only thing that really works and almost 5 years later still nothing is perm lotion. Put it on come it threw for 5 minutes and rinse. You wont regret it.

2 Likes

by some olive oil soak her hair in it before bed put a plastic bag over it let it sit over jight while she sleeps wash it out with dawn dish soap it will suffocate the lice and make the nits slide out!

The key is getting all the eggs out. If not they’ll keep repopulating.

1 Like

I know this probably isn’t something you’d want to do but cut her hair then treat it.

1 Like

Use pink hair care. The oil gets the nits and bugs out easily. You can get it at Walgreens or any store. It’s really a life saver and easy

1 Like

Apple cider vinegar and tea tree. I legit swear by tea tree i use it on my kids during the school year and they’ve never had lice

My mother used raid roach spray on my head when I was in 4th grade because I kept getting lice… let’s just say I never got lice again! Lol

1 Like

You need to get it professionally taken care of. It is a special heat treatment. It was the only that worked for us. It was a nightmare. Good luck. Lice Clinics of America

I only ask because if she is old enough boxed hair dye! I know it sounds crazy but it works trust me!!! Get it the same color as her hair and use it!!! Also make sure ur washing all bedding and spraying your house! Also to keep it away all family members should start using coconut shampoo for awhile til you know you’re in the clear
But hair dye for sure kills em instantly

1 Like

Vinager is meant to help

If you need to thin out her hair to make it easier go for an undercut. It will make combing through her hair a lot easier on both of you plus she can keep the length still

Use a blow dryer on her hair every morning and night. Change her pillow case everyday braid her hair for sleep. Get in the shower with her and wash her hair with as hot water that she can tolerate or let her wear a raincoat.

Mayonnaise was the only thing that worked for me. But it in her hair, put it up in a plastic shopping bag nice and tight for like an hour, wash it, comb it out and wash the hair several times as it’s greasy.

Keep coconut oil or tea tree oil in her hair. I just went through this for well over 6 months with my 3 year old daughter and 12 yo son. We just kept her hair oily and went through it with the comb for a week and we are now lice free thankfully. We cut my sons hair.

Use dog flea and tick shampoo and follow with tea tree shampoos … it will work

I would buy a hair dye in her color it will kill them all

2 Likes

saturate her hair with rubbing alcohol…

1 Like

Please don’t put a grocery sack on your child’s head and use a shower cap. If they see you doing this and the next time they are playing with their hair they could reenact this when you are not monitoring them. Also check Pinterest for ideas. After getting out the nits there is a Mayo vinager mixture tgat is amazing. Then start putting tea tree oil in her shampoo and mix it up to keep using for the future

The best advice for this is to find professional hair places that deal with this. No lie!!! Worth every penny!

1 Like

Mayo (don’t use the fat free kind, use the real Mayo)

1 Like

You do not have to cut her hair, I had 2 girls with hair past their butts growing up. Yes it’s a tedious process but mayonnaise overnight wrapped in a plastic bag worked. They hated it and it was gross and messy. But their hair wasn’t unhealthy from the chemicals in the shampoos either.

My trick lice free spray. Let sit for 30 mins then use the flea and tick dog shampoo let sit another 10 minutes then come and the most important part the picking each nit out … You have to section and go thru each strand get the nit between ur nails and remove from hair … Eggs hatch every 5-7 days if you dont remove them

Don’t cut her hair. Use conditioner in her hair and you’ll have to hand pick out the eggs and it’s very time consuming and hard to do but saves her long hair and they also have a prescription for super lice you can get from the Dr, the super lice which is now the new lice bugs that are immuned to over the counter treatments

Mayonnaise… sounds gross. It is gross. But lice is very attracted to my head. I had it all the time growing up. My hair goes down to my butt. Lather Mayo, massage it into the scalp, put shower cap or grocery bag tied around head over night next morning comb through with Mayo still in the hair wash it then re-comb through. If they still have some repeat again over night. I have allergic reactions to lice treatments. So my mom talked to my dr and he recommended we try he didn’t know if it would work but he heard of it working for other patients.

Vamousse treatment, and Lice Freee Spray. It works, use the spay daily for 2 weeks, blow drying it.

My mom went through this until she realized she never treated the car.

1 Like

Teatree oil in shampoo daily . Don’t get the outlet that says it has it pour it in yourself and that’s what kept me from getting lice

1 Like

Try mayo!!!
And start using shampoo with tea tree oil.
Throw away all pillow cases, sheets etc… Or wash several times in HOT water.
Another big tip:
Lice don’t like hair with gel, mouse, hair spray etc…
Once it’s all gone, start using a little each day!!!

2 Likes

Can’t even read these comments because so many people are commenting that fb just keeps jumping the comments while you even try to read!!!

1 Like

Vinegar then put shower cap on for 20 mintues… rinse and then mayo with shower cap for 20 mintues… also put tea tree oil in shampoo and conditioner. You can add a few drops to each.

What are you doing with the lice that comes off when you’re combing through her hair? Lice can live for 24-48 hours, even in water, after its been removed. You need to put them in alcohol during combing. Also, anything fabric - bedding, stuffed animals, pillows, etc - all need to go in the hottest setting in the washer and dryer. The heat kills it. You may have to clean the carpets as well. As far as her hair itself, see if you have “Lice Ladies” in your area. Its a salon that specializes in lice only. Its a pain to get rid of. It will take a while. And no matter how much you treat her head, its still living around you in the carpets and stuff so it will continue to come back. No sense in cutting her hair, lice lives on your scalp (blood and skin). If its farther down the hair cuticle, they aren’t alive. (I am a licensed master cosmetologist).

1 Like

I didn’t comb through it I sectioned the hair I went 1 strain at a time

My granddaughter had them really bad a couple of years ago. We ended up cutting her hair short and treated her hair for another couple of weeks. I ordered lice treatment and lice shampoo from Amazon. Good luck it was a nightmare!

Have you tried a shower cap and either cooking oil or coconut oil let her sleep like that overnight

I had a granddaughter that kept it also. Thick long hair Mayo works great put in hair cover and leave for hour or so. Also used tea tree oil daily after hair was fixed spritz with the tea tree oil. Help tremendously

1 Like

I soaked my daughter’s hair with Listerine and put a shower cap on. This stuns the lice, pick out everything you can see. Also I had her lay in a tub with her head in the water for about 30 minutes. Repeat that process for a week and you should be good. If her hair is super thick you might want to consider cutting it. Good luck!

Use prescription from Dr, clean top to bottom, cut her hair. I know someone that just went through this , it took several prescription treatment’s, deep cleaning n finally cut long thick hair. Doesn’t matter how clean of a person you are, it happens, long thick hair is hard to deal with when it comes to lice.

1 Like

Tea tree oil is what I use and it’s the only thing that gets rid of it.

I have recommended this for years, I am a vet Tech and we had a drug seminar on advantage, my friend was fighting lice on her 2 daughters. Nothing was working, she leaned over to me during the seminar and said I’m going to try the small dog one on them. I also did the same but mine was the cat one. WE NEVER HAD LICE AGAIN! I washed all the sheets, and bought a new hairbrush.

1 Like

Honestly this sounds so weird and totally depends on her age I guess but years ago my roommates kids and her got lice and I never did I’m convinced because I had recently dyed my hair. Lol

Use a hair straightener and put tea tree oil in shampoo and conditioner, Use hair straightener everyday , than use coconut oil and conditioner to comb out , You can get ivermectin at the feed store if you can’t find sklice lotion , Just apply to hair kills lice and eggs!! My kids are grown now but it works wonders when they were younger! Ivermectin horse paste smells like apples! It’s the exact same thing as Sklice ivermectin the Dr prescribes

Tea-tree oil and a nitty gritty hair comb. My daughter caught head lice once, and never ever again.

Ivermite is the answer

Lice clinics of america. Does she go to other homes? movie theaters or any place regularly that she my be getting re-infested? Our school library was the culprit of a long lice problem. 6 months and kids kept getting lice. It was the furry bean bag chairs in the library!

My daughter was 5 with her hair past her butt (never had a haircut) & I had to cut it because she kept getting it(& all those treatments damaged her hair).

Mayo. It worked for out house of long hair

Every two days soak your kids hair in apple cider vinegar and comb it

Might be bad but I used menthol rubbing alcohol when I had it and I’ve never had it again

My daughter got them and had long hair. Use a natural shampoo and add some tea tree oil to the small amount you use for the treatment. Comb through her hair, put a shower cap on and leave it for 1 hour. Wash out and them wash again with natural shampoo. Comb through with lice comb and remove any eggs that may not have washed out.

When I was in elementary school, I also had long, thick hair to my tailbone. My mom was upset because the little girls i was playing with had lice. My mom had to buy 2 boxes of the remedy at the store. Very costly!! Once she got it all out, I got it again from those same girls! :persevere::neutral_face: So then she had to cut my hair, treat it and told me to not get near them! Frustrating and time consuming! Maybe you can cut your daughters hair? Too much treatment is not great for the hair/scalp. Just my opinion. Lice like long hair to!

Just bc you wash and vacuum doesn’t necessarily mean your getting everything. It would be best to have an exterminator come in or you can set off bombs in the house.

Olive oil. In tarpon springs Florida . The Greek fisherman use it on there kids . It suffocates the Nits . My niece had long think hair . Constant lice . My friend told me about the Olive oil . Soak your daughters head in olive oil wrap it with Saran Wrap and put a shower cap over it . Have her sleep in it overnight. Also have you treated your own family ? African Americans do not get head lice . Because of the natural oils in there hair . Good luck

1 Like

Also her doctor said while in school keep hair up and hairspray it to keep them from latching to hair

Tea tree oil in your shampoo is a huge preventative but if the dr prescription didn’t work, you may have to cut it.

My daughter had head lice for almost a year, I had prescriptions from the dr, Mayo, olive oil, I sprayed everything, washed/dried everything, over the counter, everything you could think of , even cut her hair! Come to find out the girl she sat next to on the bus had it (constantly ) I was going crazy! Make sure the friends she plays with don’t have it!

I tried everything and they would go away and come back. I don’t know how old she is, but I finally just dyed all our hair. It finally killed everything. Between dying everyone’s hair and cleaning throughly.

1 Like

Bring her to the lice clinic.

You literally have to use your fingers and pic the nits out, little sections at a time, every day.
Also fairytales shampoo and conditioner for daily use, once my daughter started using it we never had another issue!

How old is your daughter?

Following for the comments…

Olive oil! Just leave it on for the whole night while she sleeps. Wash. Spray with salt water, blow dry and straighten.

My child had it, but i never got it, so i was thinking one day , maybe it because i color my hair. So i got a box of hair collor the same color as her own hair and i colored her hair . It totally worked and the lice never came back. It works

More than likely you have a nest either in your couch or in the crease of her mattress. When my daughter was 4 every time she would go to my sister in laws she would come home with lice. She was going and spending the night once a week. At first we thought it was coming from daycare so we pulled her out and that still didn’t stop it. Come to find out my sil had a nest in her couch and that’s where they were coming from. To tell you how bad it was and how often she got them she named the lice sue, maple, and Fred. She’s 20 now and we laugh about it. But at the time it was horrible.

1 Like

Gonna have to cut her hair probably at least a little bit, don’t have to cut it short but maybe up to shoulder blades… but spray the beds pillows and gather ALL plush toys and put them in a bad sealed up for two weeks. I would even buy new mattress and pillows lol also treat common living areas like couches chairs etc. With the spray

1 Like

Lice dr. My daughter has a thick head of hair, so do I. We tried EVERYTHING. We were on routines with it. Nothing worked until the lice dr. I had it pretty bad when I was a kid, if it won’t kill the eggs it won’t get rid of it.

Lyclear shampoo from home bargains is much easier than the leave in lotions, after initial treatments a Nitty gritty comb with conditioner every day keep hair tied up if poss & spray with diluted tea tree oil they don’t like it.

Cut that hair up to shoulders and get another Rx from Dr and retreat in a week with prescription Rx

We used mayo then dawn dish liquid to rinse out the mayo and we never had another problem again.

2 Likes

She might be getting reinfected somewhere. Keep her home from school or daycare. Do 2 lice treatments back 2 back and cover her room, couch and any other living area with diatomaceous earth. Let sit for a day then vacuum and wash.

HARRIS Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade, 4lb with Powder Duster Included in The Bag https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072J8Z28F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZVZ25WXK1CEFQPBCCC0F?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Boil brushes hair bows, barrettes etc too

I went to the dollar store got the largest bottle of conditioner they had. Camw home put the entire bottle of it on my daughters head. I then used plastic wrap and gauze tape to cover her head completely. I let it sit over night and half the morning. Not a single lice was alive the next day. They just washed down the drain.

Apple cider vinegar and coconut oil, apply the apple cider vinegar and let it dry natural, and then melt the coconut oil and apply it for a few hours or over night, and comb over and over again until there’s no more, then wash it out and keep combing through it, I use this on my kids and they haven’t had lice in over 3 years now. :100::100::woman_shrugging: Repeat every 10 days for new infestation.

Go to a lice clinic love they give you about 2 sessions it’s a bit expensive but gets rid of the problem! Literally stay in one area of the house let them die off. I did that with my daughter when she was smaller and it worked. Just go to a professional love save the headache.

I had lice so much growing up. The only thing that got rid of it for good was when my mom put Mayo in my hair

You have to clean everything. All bedding includes pillows and stuff animals. If its fabric put in dryer hot heat for a hour. Or bag it air tight for a month. Wash heads and hairbrushes with lice shampoo. Nit hair everyday until clean. Nothing is there at all. Don’t forget to vaccuum couches and carpet and your car. Gotta get tuff. Oh yes throw away all hair bands.

You might just have to cut her hair off in just pick it one by one good luck