I'm married and have been trying to get close to my husband again

Get out get restraining order

Counseling. It’s like you guys are stuck in one big cycle of dysfunction that’s not good for you or the kids. Chances are he may not be wanting to repeat the nonsense and doesn’t trust you. I’d advise counseling. I’m not sure what is keeping you together. You didn’t say. Good luck.

Not sure what state or country your in but if you have a Domestic Violence Hotline call them for advise as they will help you leave and hopefully find you some where safe until you can get things sorted, when it comes to child support they should have an option were they collect it on your behalf wether it’s an agreed price or an amount that needs to be paid, I hope you consider yourself an your children first over this man, as you have said he can not be trusted, stop wasting your an your children’s time with some one you say isn’t good for you or your kids, you need a healthy environment not one full of lies an deception

You need to leave. What about r/ship counselling so it could be used as reverse psychology so it becomes like ‘his decision’ to call it quits? On other hand I think u need to get out ASAP. Although it’s not you could u play a mind game with him and say he deserves better. Just thinking of strategies which may hopefully make him less abusive.

1 Like

Why would you ever go back. Narcissist don’t change

1 Like

Good God woman run. You are better without him!

Yikes. Exit plan. Child support and alimony. Don’t beg him to see the kids. If he fades away, it’s his own doing. Make a plan for safety.

Might I recommend the Turning Pain into Power After Toxic Relationships~ For Empathic Women group for support and guidance with dealing with narcissistic relationships. I have been out of mine for a little over a year now and it was the best decision I ever made. You can do this. And you can get your power back!

2 Likes

Leave, don’t communicate with him unless it’s through an email account you set up so everything is in writing, so you have proof, go to court for child support and visitation, don’t alter from the court order, set up child transfers at a police station, don’t alter from that either. I don’t know why you’re trying to get close, you should be getting far far away.

He’s a narcissistic psycho
Move away

5 Likes

Run make you your kids happy you don’t need him

2 Likes

Narcissistic… Runn itll never get better.

3 Likes

You said it yourself. You’re only with him because he makes you miserable. You need to get far far away from him. Somewhere he can only contact you by phone, and he needs to plan to come see the kid.

2 Likes

Leave… Immediately Hes a narcissist…It will only get much worse

3 Likes

Document, document, document EVERY contact-- E-V-E-R-Y contact. Contact a domestic violence agency, for advice on how proceed for your personal and legal protection. You say he has never abused you physically, but he’s already abusing you emotionally so much that you say you are “scared” to leave. He’s a abuser. Seek help on how to get out safely and with all legal protections.

5 Likes

Sounds like you need to leave him but when you do, be prepared. If it was me, I would try and disappear. Change my name, get my mail delivered to a PO Box number. Look for a job and a house a few hours away from him. Don’t look for child support from him but try and support yourself.

2 Likes

Sounds like a narcissist.

2 Likes

Discuss a get away plan with a counselor or friend that has your back. Research the internet. Your Bags are packed for quick departure. Stay focused. Share your plans with only those you know you can trust. Have someone ready to meet you on the other side or if you can, have somebody with you when you “leave”. You can do it!

1 Like

Get out! Get out as fast as you can. He will never change! I speak from experience. Find a lawyer and get a divorce!

2 Likes

Narcissist…never change

2 Likes

Get out of this sitition because it will get worse . sounds like he is a narcissist .

You leave. Go to court, submit for a restraining order and file for court ordered parental rights, visitation, and child support. You’re literally living your life to appease this abusive man. You deserve better.

2 Likes

Don’t go back, they don’t change. They just get better at hiding. Why would you want to live your life that way? Get courts involved if he is making your life hell when you leave and move on.

You both sound toxic to each other - when you leave leave for good. Otherwise if you come back make sure you both work on things or seek professional help.

Attempt therapy to get all of your conversations and events in writing to stand in court for a divorce