I'm married and in love with another man

During college I was so in love with a guy and we dated on and off. Even when we were off were on. I thought he loved me but he did not freely open up about his emotions. After college, he finally got a job after being turned down for over a year but moved out of state. He kept up with me but declined a relationship because he was scared where he would end up having to move to. After many years, he ended up marrying someone. I married someone. I resolved with just being friends things were good. Then the day came and out of the blue he drops those three words that you long to hear. However, the tense of the words was present tense not past. I shrugged off and said I know that you love me, friend. He said No, I have always loved you and still do ! You could have knocked me over with a feather. The words I have wanted to hear for so long and given up because the past is the past. My heart stopped beating and I instantly started thinking about the past and how he always makes feel when we are together and the passion we share. I have seen him and the chemistry and passion is still there. After all these years, it is still so easy to talk and be with each. We laugh , share jokes, help each other with present life situations, vent and just talk for hours. He has always been my go to when the world is not kind. My husband has suffered many health issues and has suffered loss of cognition. His wife never makes time for him and she is not there for him. I am not a home wrecker and don’t want to be but we still sooooi in love. It is so frustrating to be in love with someone you can’t have.

6 Likes

You took a vow plain and simple. In sickness and in health. He chose to get married to someone else that is not you, as did you. So you can clearly see how much he “loves you”. You get married for a lifetime not till someone better comes along

12 Likes

You have to consider if you are both really in love with eachother, and not the fantasy of each other that’s been created after all of these years. If you are both 100% certain this is what you want, then you need to tell your husband and leave the marriage before you continue with the other.

I was in a 10.5 year relationship and recently left to return to my first love. Which was crazy! But you have to be certain, because at this point it seems like a dream/a fantasy, and the reality could be very different to what you’re creating in your mind x

On the flip side, it could be everything you’ve ever wanted

2 Likes

If you both feel the same then both of you need to sit down with your partners and explain how you fee and end your current relationships.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I'm married and in love with another man - Mamas Uncut

Ok so I looked up loss of cognition and what you’re saying is your husband has Alzheimers? That’s cruel. Sorry. No way around that. Marriage is sickness and health till death do you part. Not till one of you loses their mind and forgets you. You made choices in life. You chose to promise your husband you’d care for him if this ever happened when you married him. It’s cruel to abandon a person with dementia. Watch the Notebook please.

6 Likes

If you have any respect for your husband at all, you will tell him how you feel about this other man and end your marriage before you let anything happen. It’s hard, it’s an uncomfortable conversation to have but as an adult with compassion and respect for others, it’s a necessity. Its not going to break his heart any less than it would otherwise but I promise you he will have more respect for you being honest with him than just cheating on him. — from someone who walked in on the cheating.

7 Likes

Jordan Gibbens I feel sick

1 Like