I'm Pregnant and EXTREMELY Itchy *All* Over My Body: Should I Be Concerned?

Could be PUPPPS. Let your doctor know so they can run tests

When I was pregnant I had this … for me they said it was P.U.P.S. it was basicly unexplained itching and hives while pregnant … an oatmeal bath worked great for me …

What does your doctor say? Maybe oatmeal baths?

PUPPS and coliasus. I have this now. And had it my last 2 pregnancies. Talk to your dr asap. If that’s what you have you’ll have to be induced at 37 weeks

Can’t say I ever had any itching during any of my pregnancies.

When I was pregnant with my daughter I got eczema for the first in my life. It was from head to toe.

Maybe cholestasis it’s to do with an enzyme in your kidneys go check with your gp as can potentially be very bad for Bub… I had it with my first born had itchy hands and soles of my feet good luck

Talk to your midwife or dr, from what I’ve heard being super itchy during pregnancy could be a bad sign. Better to be safe than sorry

1 Like

You need to talk your doctor. I had this and it turned out to be OC (obstetric cholestasis I think it stands for). Its a liver condition in pregnancy where your liver does not discrete the bile properly. My only symptom was intense itching. Please get checked out xxx

1 Like

Please contact ur dr nd let them n ok it can b a number of things also til u find out use plenty of lotion coconut oil maybe vaseline in ur creases to help with some dry skin

I Had That With My First Pregnancy And Three Months Into My Pregnancy I Ended Up In The Hospital With A Kidney Infection And After Going To The Hospital The Itching Stopped

Go to the hospital! The only way it will stop is if baby comes out

Honestly it’s better to talk to your doctor. But with me the itchiness was normal and my obygn just told me to get the aveeno lotion and that worked wonders it also may be why I barely of any stretch marks

Could be yeast infection on the skin.

You need to see a doctor

I had a milder case then you on my back. It was the same in the cents that it lasted most of the pregnancy.
Check in with your doctor see what they say.

It could be pupps I had it with both of my youngest baby’s

1 Like

Please go to your dr ASAP it’s serious… I had it in my third trimester … an the lvl was high and had to have an emergency c-section…
Oh make sure you can feel your baby still moving … if liver lvls are normal they will monitor the baby …
Take care and all the best

1 Like

Contact your doctor. Cholestasis of pregnancy is not common but serious. I have had it with two pregnancies.

I experienced this, ended up being cholestasis. Call your doctor asap. It could be very serious.

Pupps?
I had hormonal hives after I gave birth, and all the way until i stopped nursing.

With it including your palms and the bottom of your feet it sounds like cholestasis… I was induced 3 weeks early with my third child… I complained about it and the receptionist said “you should believe everything google says” :roll_eyes: my doctor sent me for bloodwork and a urine sample… I got a call at 3 o’clock on a Saturday afternoon to get to the hospital ASAP to be induced… it can cause stillbirth… you can never be too safe…

Oh my gosh ! Please tell me you went to dr

Not trying to scare you, but go get tested for different things, your liver might have shut down and is unable to process normal toxins.
I had this happen to a friend who was told at 39 weeks everything was fine and 3 days later lost her baby. :cry:
If you feel something isn’t right seek multiple opinions.
Better safe then sorry.

This can be serious, call your doctor for advice.

I had this with my first and second pregnancy. The doctor called it pups. I was to far along for the steroid shot that’s suppose to help. I hate cold water and would stand in a cold shower and just cry. I scratched myself until I would bleed. It was horrible. Praying for relieve for you.

My sister had the the same thing…go tobthe doctor she had to deliver her daughter via c section a couple weeks early or it would of killed them both. Colitis

I am only 24 weeks pregnant and and extremely itchy, I will scratch myself raw do yall think I should be worried too?

It’s PUPPS
I’m so :frowning:

You might be anemic although I’ve never been pregnant I get itching everywhere when my iron level are low and i think it quite common in women who are pregnant x

Pupp…i had it and cried daily. The only cure is delivery. I wish I had a remedy that helped but nothing worked.

Try taking a oatmeal bath

Definitely get your liver levels checked… I had this during the last few weeks of my pregnancy and it was the worst!

You could be developing Exzema or Psoriosis. Talk to your Dr.

Same thing happened to me. Diagnosed with cholestasis of pregnancy. You need to call your ob right away.

Oooh… I totally had this for the last 3 weeks of pregnancy.
Oatmeal baths (nice and cool) and LOTS of lotion.
The part of the butt that curves under and then turns into the thigh ALWAYS itched, and it was so awkward scratching my butt in public!
Armpits, and the outside of the labia, too. My dr said totally normal.
I would still bring it up, they might know how to help with the itching!

Choleostasis! Call your OB right away! I was induced at 37 weeks because of it!

Have u changed ur laundry detergent recently ??? That’s how I get when I change mines or my bath products xxx

When I had itching during pregnancy they ran labs on me and determined it was Choleostasis and decided to induce me! I’d talk to your OB asap!

I had PUPPS with all my pregnancies. It was super itchy.

It could be nothing serious but it is always important to ask your doctor so they can rule out any serious complications.

As someone who has had choleostasis in both of her pregnancies, I would highly recommend you to tell your doctor and get tested for it! It might not be that but better safe than sorry!