I'm pregnant and tested positive for alcohol even though I haven't drank in months: Advice?

They test us at every appointment here in Arizona. I’m sorry you’re going through this.

2 Likes

Yeah you probably have high sugar…and it’s spilling over into your urine.

2 Likes

Doesnt vanilla extract have alcohol in it? Would that do it?

There’s diseases that will cause you to have alcohol show up on testings despite not drinking.

If you haven’t had any alcohol but are testing positive for it I would talk to your doctor about that ASAP. Could be something else going on that may need to be addressed.

1 Like

They did a drug test on you? That’s not right. Did you ask for the drug test? Did you admit to them that you have a drug or alcohol problem? Your RECORD?? LOL no hun those results won’t follow you.

The only thing that matters is what you and baby test positive for when baby is born. Other than that it doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Well your next apt wont matter seeing how its going to be weeks later. But id be frustrated as well. Thats pretty crazy not to mention invasive

1 Like

Ask them to do a confirmation that way it can be proven as a false positive.

2 Likes

They test in New Hampshire at every appointment even though they say it’s for protein in urine. Careful, they might call cps after delivery. They do that here even if you don’t come up positive during delivery.

1 Like

You already said it, a yeast infection could cause this. Clear up the infection and get tested again.

2 Likes

Go to a walk in clinic and get a second test done from another doctor

3 Likes

Just an opinion based off of people I know, some can smoke till the day they deliver and nothing happens and then some get caught. It all depends on the hospital and state. I guess it’s a hit and miss. But I wouldn’t worry about it. If you drank a lot before it could take awhile to come out of blood old, I was a heavy drinker before and after I never heard anything about it. Only cps was involved was when an incident happened while my kid was home when cops were called. But that’s because we lived there. I would not really worry about it. Instead of a urine test ask for a blood test

2 Likes

I had no idea they tested for that stuff, that is crazy! So sorry that happened to you I’m sure your so embarrassed! I hope you get it cleared up!

1 Like

It depends on the doctor but they usually drug test on the first appointment and then anytime after if they have suspicious, they don’t have to tell you about it either… don’t think mouth wash or anything like that has enough alcohol to fail a test and you would have had to drink within 8 hours of the test for it to show up… could be from the infection but you’ll still probably have to talk to cps. They will come to the hospital when the baby is born and do an interview with you and if everything checks out, you’ll be fine and probably won’t hear from them again. Hope it’s cleared up tho! Could be a huge headache if they don’t figure out why

1 Like

For my obgyn they had a sign on the door saying they would run drug test. It’s very common for them to drug test but I’ve never heard of alcohol testing?

A lot of states drug test now while a woman is pregnant and if anything shows up like another person commented they will have cps there at the hospital at birth depending on what they find

When I googled it I came up with- bacteria, mouthwash with alcohol, or excessive hand sanitizer use…

Alcohol? When did they start testing for alcohol? Many people drink a glass of red wine while they are pregnant… In fact some doctors encourage it… I dont understand

4 Likes

… No i didnt do it and im going by what an obgyn told me

Gestational diabetes can cause you to have a false positive also

2 Likes

I just read an article today on this topic. Here’s a different one with more details that may confirm the doctor’s suspicions. Auto Brewery Syndrome: Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Diet

They test u when baby is born to and ifnits positive they call CPS my friend her daughter came out dirty

Cps shows up if the baby is BORN with drugs or alcohol in its system. If anything is found during baby doctor visits they have you sign a paper saying they talked to you about it

2 Likes

Times sure have changed since I was having my babies and i thought it was ok to have an occasional drink when your pregnant

1 Like

It’s crazy because some healthcare positions don’t drug or alcohol test before giving health care workers a job so why do this for moms to be smdh

1 Like

There is a genetic condition that makes your body ferment carbohydrates in your diet and can cause you to have a positive alcohol test.have forgotten the name but look it up

Ask for another test and explain that you haven’t had a drink of alcohol in months. Is it possible they mixed your results with someone else’s? Iv heard of it happening here in Australia I don’t know where you are located.

1 Like

Also some people cook with alcohol. I had a friend who ate rum balls and didn’t know it and failed a test.

I was told with my first son, that drinking 1 glass of red wine a week was good for my body and whatever else it was good for.

I didn’t with my second because I had gallbladder problems.

I’d think you may have gestational diabetes which is causing your body to ketoacidosise showing alcohol in your system.

A urine alcohol false positive in combination with a UTI is not unheard, particularly with a fermenting organism such as candida albicans. Even if they’re using EtG testing, false positives can occur due to incidental exposure from everyday products such as mouth wash, hand sanitizer and over the counter cold & flu products.

1 Like

Ask if it’s ets or etg. Hand sanitizer, mouthwash, cooking with wines/beers will make the test positive. Where I work we have a lab that can detect such things.

Excellent question for a DOCTOR not a holiday Facebook page…:+1:t3::roll_eyes:

46 Likes

You seriously can not trust the drug tests that you just pee in a cup through. There are SOOOO many false positives! I believe you! Get a blood test if needed!

This may sound strange but I was watching a show tonight in regards to a man that had been alcohol free for many years he had a tumor that was blocking the breakdown of carbs and was fermenting it into alcohol. Check out the good doctor series this one was called “ Take my hand “. 10/14 !!

When I had my daughter… I apparently tested positive for ectasy. I have NEVER in my life touched anything of the sort.

2 Likes

I was false positive for meth once, never seen the stuff on my life cept for tv. The lady was rude when I said " how’d that get in there" in my shock…she said …maybe because you’ve been doing it…um hell no

2 Likes

Make sure you ask what conditions can cause a false positive of alcohol. And have them test for those conditions

Your body naturally has so much alcohol already in it. Ask dr if something is off that could have elevated your alcohol levels

If you have a yeast infection it may have fermented the natural glucose that you produce which can cause a drug and alcohol test to show up as positive

1 Like

If you have a digestion issue (I forgot what it is called) certain foods can ferment in your stomach, and can cause something similar to alcohol in your system. This can happen to diabetics, and many woman can be diabetic just during pregnancy.

1 Like

They always check the first time you go in for blood work and they make you pee in a cup they test your pee and your blood for drugs they dont tell you unless you ask what all they are testing for and then they will test you when you go into labor and will also check the baby when they born.

Maybe the answer is in the question why are you being drug tested???

2 Likes

As a lab tech. Go TOMORROW TO AN OFF. Campus lab

check your blood sugar. If it’s high you will test positive. It happened to me because I am diabetic.

1 Like

I’ve had 4 pregnancies and I’ve never been tested for drugs! Odd test to have done

6 Likes

This is a favorite holiday page!!

1 Like

Do you eat a lot of bread? I had a friend that worked for a breathalyzer company and bread, mouth wash, oats and a few other things can show up as alcohol :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I guess people should really learn to read what the group is that they join

1 Like

Is it possible it was a mistake and they got your test mixed up with someone else’s?

2 Likes

Ok I drank a little with all my kids my doctor actually told me to have a beer or two a week to flush my kidneys. They cant take your kids for that lmao!

Um… there’s pregnancy groups on fb. I didn’t think My Favorite Holiday was one of them.

11 Likes

I never heard of a drug test while you are pregnant!

4 Likes

Unfollowing as this has NOTHING to do with holidays. Wack.

1 Like

I just heard a story about a guy getting a dui and he swore he wasnt drinking. They diagnosed him with brewers yeast?

What has this to do with Favourite Holiday

1 Like

I guess there is yeast in bread :tipping_hand_woman:

Yes drug test you you just don’t no it with all these baby’s be born addicted

It’s the food intake

Wrong page.
Go to a pregnant page to get your answers

Wtf is shit like this on a holiday page for? Is there an admin that can answer that question? Don’t give 2 shits about your yeast infection, but thanks for ruining my dinner !

1 Like