I'm worried about taking Zoloft while breastfeeding is it safe?

I’m currently breastfeeding and my Dr. Prescribed me Zoloft. I’m concerned if there’s any side effects to worry about.
5 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I'm worried about taking Zoloft while breastfeeding is it safe? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

I feel like your doctor may have the best answer for this!

2 Likes

Is your doctor an obsgyn?

Doctor knows more then you

Yes it is safe! This is from the mommy meds app created by Dr. Hale from the infant risk center. As an aside I have also taken zoloft while breastfeeding all 4 of my kids, and have not had any issues.

2 Likes

Did you not ask your doctor or tell them you’re BF?

3 Likes

It is the safest SSRI while pregnant/breastfeeding. I have taken it with all 3 children during pregnancy and nursing for 2 years each

I would of asked ur doctor before picking it up

I wouldn’t do it, but that’s me and my opinion.

4 Likes

Why are you asking Facebook?? Shit, Google or your Dr would be the better route🤦‍♀️

I took Zoloft when I was breastfeeding

Breastfeeding aside, it gave me terrible nightmares… like Homicidal nightmares so I stopped immediately. My dr had to skip the SSRI meds altogether and gave me Wellbutrin. Which is going well. But my Obgyn also agrees that Zoloft is safe while breastfeeding.

I take zoloft and have breastfed for two years :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yes Zoloft is safe to take while breastfeeding. Never ask ur regular Dr about breastfeeding issues only ask a lactation consult. That’s what I had to do when I was taking Zoloft and breastfeeding

1 Like

I took zoloft while pregnant and nursed my baby till 15 months. I had a long discussion with my psychiatrist on if was safe or not. He verified to me it was safe and many years of studies with zoloft.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. I'm worried about taking Zoloft while breastfeeding is it safe? - Mamas Uncut

If you’re ever concerned because sometimes Drs do prescribe nursing moms incompatible meds, you can call and talk to your pharmacist! They know what meds are safe for breastfeeding or not!

1 Like

If the benefits outweighs risk doctor will give it! Postpartum is real and if a drug is classified as a C it just means there isn’t enough data to say whether it’s bad or good … chances are if doctor is giving it you expressed concern and it’s best to follow doctors advice that knows your medical history and has spoken with you than anything anyone online has to say

I’ve been on it for 15 years and I have three kids all breastfeed and nothing has ever happened :+1:

I was recently prescribed Zoloft as it is the safest to take while breastfeeding per my doctor.

Yes. I’ve been on it for years and have still taken it while breastfeeding both of my babies!

2 Likes

My OBGYN’s in the past have prescribed me Zoloft while breastfeeding. It’s safe and my kids are 8 & 4 with no adverse reaction to me taking the prescribed dosage.

1 Like

If the doctor knows you’re breastfeeding and prescribed it then I would accept that it’s safe, they would know, generally. If you don’t trust your Dr then you need a new one.

I’d take the Drs advice, over strangers on FB…

1 Like

You should be fine, there are several SSRI’s that you can take while pregnant and breastfeeding. Part of being a good mom, is taking care of your mental health. That baby needs you to be the best you can be and this is a very very good step you’re taking. Good job!