Infected c-section scar

I had something similar happen along my C-section scar a year after. It was a yeast/fungal infection from heat, humidity, sweat, and tight clothing that didn’t breathe well.
With your history of diabetes, you definitely need to see a doc. In the meantime keep the area clean and dry.

Get seen asap infections can turn nasty fast

1 Like

It must be very painful!
Keep putting antibiotic cream. Make sure it’s dry. Thursday is tmw. Take some ibuprofen if u can to help keep inflammation away well …and pain.
This is very interesting to began opening up after so many years later. Maybe u lifted something heavy and that causes it to open? Be careful having diabetes… and a wound. They are much more stubborn to heal.
Most likely will have to drain out the wound and reclose it after several sessions if oozing it out. Very painful process. I’m sorry your dealing with this.
When I had a c archon I would put a sulfate/ penicillin cream . Make sure areas is dry after showers.
You may need to put a cotton towel while u work to keep it dry. Of course switch out towels.

1 Like

I had the to do packing also and some got left in me, once he got it out I healed fine, have them make sure u dont have any I’m there

you need nystatin powder to put there it yeast infection i get it often using the powder keeps area dry

1 Like

Please go to the E.R now!!

3 Likes

I would go to the ER and not wait for the dr appt, infections can get into the bloodstream…

2 Likes

Don’t wait you could get septic

2 Likes

You need an antibiotic and yo wipe it with alcohol daily

Go to the emergency room

1 Like

I would go to urgent care or the ER I definitely would not wait till Thursday

2 Likes

You may need to go to the ER. Wonder if you should take the chance.

1 Like

Don’t wait. Go to ER

1 Like

Go to the ER or urgent care

1 Like

Ok,nurse here. Are you running fever? How’s your blood pressure and heart rate? Hows your sugar? Please don’t put anything on it. Wash around the area with soap and water,cover with a dry dressing and change as needed until your appointment. Keep clean and dry. Also use a permanent marker to draw where the redness is so if it increases the doctor can see how much in the last 24 hours. Or go to a walk in clinic if you feel like you need to see someone before. No need for an er bill when the clinic can check you out first to see if it’s emergent.

9 Likes

Go to the emergency room now

Mine does the same thing like 2x a yr…usually when I’m really hot and sweaty but always goes away in a couple of days. And my kids are 13 and 14

Please go to your nearest Emergency Room.

1 Like

l get paid over $ 175 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 21383 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarBenefits966.pages.dev/

1 Like

Go to ER. This could be staph or MRSA & could turn septic quickly especially if you are diabetic

2 Likes

Go to the ER. Don’t mess around with infections or anything you suspect could be infected.

6 Likes

Don’t you have hospitals this is serious

1 Like

Sounds like it could be a yeast infection as well. After 3 c sections I have this unforgiving overhang that sometimes if I dont dry it enough after a shower the moisture builds up and can create a bacterial infection. If this is the case doctor will either prescribe a powder or OTC antifungal meds…

1 Like

The longer you wait the worse it well get

Don’t wait for the dr appointment. Go to your ER. If it gets into your bloodstream you can die from sepsis

6 Likes

Go to the emergency room you don’t want to become septic

4 Likes

Please go to the ER.

4 Likes

Go to Dr. I had a simple tooth infection that almost killed me. I was transported to a hospital hours from my hometown for emergency surgery. Toothache started and 2 wks later my whole body was septic and I was on antibiotics. Infections are no joke especially with diabetes. Go, go go!!!

3 Likes

l get paid over $ 190 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 17952 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.
Go to This. https://dollarearningjob793.pages.dev/

1 Like

My son is 31, and mine opens up a few times a year. Never been infected though! I would definitely get it checked asap if oozing!

1 Like

l get paid over $ 175 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 19160 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://DollarBenefits989.pages.dev/

1 Like

Please do not wait to go in and see a doctor. I am a nurse. You could have an infection that can go systemic. Please see your doctor immediately.

5 Likes

If it’s oozing and already has a foul smell, get to the ER now. Do not wait. Infections like that can go from bad to worse within hours. Please, go get checked immediately.

8 Likes

Er now ik someone this happen to it turned in gangrene. Could happen to you without proper treatment

Please go to the ER. I had uterine sepsis and almost died after my c-section. As you know, being a diabetic makes it much harder to heal. Please don’t end up like me, get it checked early.

5 Likes

If it’s been 12 and 14 years my bets are on yeast. I’d throw some anti fungal powder on it after cleaning and drying and see if that don’t clear it up. Most C-section scars cause a “skin fold” that is a breeding ground for yeast

3 Likes

To be honest mine with like that in 2013 and I went septic and my daughter was born in 2008

Go to the ER immediately you need antibiotics via IV.

It could be staph and this can be deadly. It can turn septic fast. Please don’t wait!

You shouldn’t wait till Thursday it should try to get in before then

If your doctor cant get you in sooner, ask if you need to go to the er or urgent care. Sounds infected.

1 Like

It’s infected…I had this a few weeks ago (my son is 5) and I am glad I didn’t wait for the doctors appointment

UPDATE: I went to urgent care yesterday and saw a doctor. My blood sugars didn’t show any signs of infection but I wanted to be safe and go early. They scrubbed some dead skin off and decided it was yeast. The doctor informed me that it was from sweating and said it is normal. He prescribed me a cream and also told me to buy some anti Fungal powder to put on it while I was at work so it would keep it dry. He said the foul smell wasn’t infection but was caused by yeast and bacteria. Thank you to everyone who Gave me kind advice to see a doctor. I went to urgent care around 7:45 a.m. and it was already cleared up by bed time. He said washing it multiple times a day was probably making it worse if I didn’t get it completely dry. Thank you everyone!

1 Like

I am also a type one diabetic and am recovering from a eight month hospital stay for septic injection. I had open heart surgery. And got an infection in my chest, foot, and knee. I am now totally disabled and almost died. Had to have eleven surgeries most on my heart and chest. For us infections are not to be taken lightly. Please go in and get it checked out. Do not wait

Go to the hospital before you make your self really sick

No get to doctor asap