Is 13 months to young for a toddler bed?

Hi! Sorry for posting again. I have no friends lol. Do you think 13 months is too young to transition to a toddler/floor bed? Last night my youngest fell asleep on his brother’s bed. I didn’t want to move him as he looked so peaceful. He knows how to climb on and off the bed. He also loves climbing on other furniture like he and his brothers toddler chairs. Hasn’t shown signs of wanting to climb out of his crib though… thankfully. What do you guys suggests.

2 Likes

I used a side rail on the youth bed at first for added security.

I would not recommend removing him from the crib . He is way too young . Baby beds often bring a sense of security and I wouldn’t do it until he is at least 2 unless he can climb out of it on his own .

1 Like

Once my boys started climbing and knew how to get off of a big bed… I immediately put them into a Queen with railings on both sides.

Soooo much better than another transition.

Go for it Momma it sounds like your baby can easily get on and off a toddler bed. It will make him feel like such a big boy!

Once he climbs out of his crib it’s time to move him to a toddler bed… he’s not doing that so don’t transition him.

1 Like

Do it! She’s about to get to the jump-off-everything stage so soft landings are a great idea.

I have always gone with the idea of safety. If they can climb out of the crib, it’s safer to have a toddler bed

15 months is when a toddler bed is safe for a child

Depends on the child. If they are climbing out of the crib I would get a toddler bed.