Is baby cereal safe?

I used it, gave it to all 5 of my kids!

What age is the child?

Helped fill my 2yo belly when she was young before bed, made her have terrific sleeps, Now I give my 8mo son some before bed too … terrific sleeper :woman_shrugging:t3: … could be coincidence, could work, that’s just my experience :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

ultimately, no. it is empty calories that can be extremely harsh and harmful to tiny tummies. there is ZERO nutritional benefit to it.

1 Like

We were told by our pediatrician and dietian not to give our kids baby cereal because there is a high level of arsenic in them .

I’m so glad I’m from canada and our kids food is more regulated… this isnt normal in canada… may be in the states tho. Best bet is to ask your doctor…

Our pediatrician recommended starting with cereals when we started foods… I cant speak to chunks of metal because I never observed that, but in general we never had issues as a result of cereals aside from my daughter not really caring for it. I would speak with your pediatrician because obviously they know better than any of us, and if you have concerns then dont feed it again until you do… I always follow my mommy instinct even if it ultimately leads me to be way over cautious.

I have used it for my daughter and it was totally safe and she loved it :heart::ok_hand:

I gave it to my son when he was a baby, he’s almost 14… yep it’s safe.

Yes, it’s safe. They’re purposely fortified with iron. If you have questions about it, ask your pediatrician.

Stop watching you tube an believing the wacky stuff people post…yes there’s iron in the baby food and it the formula it’s necessary for the body…even yours

My baby is on an Iron based formula because of her belly issues. It’s perfectly safe, but I would check into making your own homemade cereal if your worried. I make everything homemade and my baby has been eating table food since 4 months old.

Bottom line: you’re mostly getting people’s opinions. Talk to your pediatrician. If something doesn’t sit right with what they say, get a second opinion. We can all sit here and tell you what we think but ultimately doctor knows best

1 Like

The iron is supposed to be there. Just like in most other foods. It is part of the nutrition in the cereal. If you read it the box says with iron.