Is drinking green tea with honey safe while pregnant?

Hi, can I ask the people in the group about what drink is safe or not? I am almost 3 months pregnant. I had a small drink of green tea with ginseng with honey. I heard that it’s not safe for pregnancy. Just need to know if my baby will be ok? Please make it anonymous. Thank you!

7 Likes

That’s honestly something you should discuss with your dr when I look it up some says it is some says it’s not to be on the safe side I would ask your dr just my advice

I was told by someone that ginseng was not safe during pregnancy but I’m not sure how factual it is! I would definitely ask your OB if you’re concerned! Personally I think it could be like a only in moderation type of thing…!

1 Like

The caffeine is the issue. If you didn’t drink a ton of green tea you and baby will be fine. Next time buy some decaff green tea :blush:
I don’t know about the ginseng though :woman_shrugging:t2:

It would probably be safe the only thing I would be concerned about is the caffeine just make sure you don’t go over probably about 150 or 200 mg always ask your doctor

I was told green tea is bad because it has the ability to lower the folic acid absorption. Which baby needs the folic acid

I would 100% talk to your OBGYN about it unless there’s one in this group. I can’t say too much on caffeine because I drank Coke Zero every day I was pregnant and baby was 100% healthy and fine.

1 Like

Green tea is a non-herbal tea because it contains caffeine. The longer the tea leaves are steeped, the more caffeine. It’s suggested to consult with your OB to determine a safe amount of caffeine.

1 Like

I literally lived off the arizona green teas in the beginning of my pregnancy with my son. I had hyperemesis and its the only thing that even remotely helped with the nausea. My son is now a very healthy 1 1/2 year old.

You can get caffeine free green tea😊

A small sip of green tea with ginseng won’t hurt your baby. You’re okay momma and so is your baby.

My midwife said a cup of tea a day was fine, but to avoid things with ingredients like hybiscus.

Ask your doctor…not a group on facebook.

5 Likes

My ob always said a cup of tea or coffee a day was fine she said to try to stay under 200mg of caffeine a day though which I’m not good about doing :sweat_smile: all of my kids have came out fine. I’ve had 6 and I’m pregnant with my 7th due soon. They usually say to avoid large amounts of ginseng, but small amounts found in premade teas are usually fine in moderation.

Maybe a cup of day but try to stay away from caffeine as much as possible. Stick to water

A cup of green tea with ginseng is not going to hurt the baby. If you are planning on drinking a lot of it during your pregnancy, talk to your obgyn to find out how much caffeine you should have. My doctor approved kombucha, so you never know till you ask.

Hello everyone am so Happy to share my wonderful experience about Dr Nathan he is a powerful spell caster from west Africa he helped me to cast a love spell that brought back my lover to me in 24hrs just as he promised he is a man of his words and i so much believe in him and I have directed many of my frpiends to him and they always get the result that they are looking for if you need his help below here is his Email: (Nathanayakasolutionhome@gmail. com) or you can also reach him in his WhatsApp number: +2347019014544 Dr Nathan spell caster he can help you no matter where you are?

2 Likes

Green tea is completely fine! You just have to limit your caffeine consumption to 200mg/d. That’s up to 4 cups a day! However the ginseng is a big no no for pregnancy. Evidence would show it can cause birth defects, bleeding, and other undesirable side effects in pregnancy women. I wouldn’t be concerned with the amount you consumed, but I’d stay away from it moving forward.

1 Like

Honey isn’t good for baby! Can cause a disease

1 Like

Oh for the love of god, it’s not gonna kill you. I had sweet tea, green tea, raspberry tea, blackberry tea, even CARBONATED POP like three times a day and my child is almost 3 and he came out just fine.

5 Likes

I dont see what about it would harm the baby whatsoever

It’s safe. Your doctor will tell you what you can and cannot have. I drank coffee and tea while pregnant but just made sure to stay within the caffeine limits.

I believe the concern could be the honey, not the tea

Honey is fine for you just not safe for children under the age of 1 and caffeine intake is usually limited to 100-200 mg a day or as advised by your doctor.
A little isn’t going to kill you :woman_shrugging:t2: or harm your baby

Sweetie I drank coffee with my pregnancies, doctor advised it because I get migraines. As long as it’s not alcohol you should be good.

You’ll be ok. I drank 2 cups of coffee a day. I got major caffeine headaches if I didn’t.

Green tea has very small amounts of caffeine compared to coffee. My Dr told me that it’s ok to give into cravings and have snacks that aren’t necessarily great for you because it’s not as harmful as you think and everything is ok in moderation, just don’t drink booze or do drugs and you’re safe lol

1 Like

I know everyone is bringing up the caffeine part of green tea but green tea can be problematic not because of the caffeine but because it can block folic acid from being absorbed so you could potentially not get the folic acid you need. Although I do not think anything is going to happen having it once but if its something you enjoy I would talk to your doctor about having it in moderation.

1 Like

I had honey when I was sick. My daughter was born June 16th in perfect health condition.

1 Like

You’ll be fine. Everything is fine in moderation. You will have people that swear this or that will harm you or your baby. I drink caffeine everyday, as I did with my first, and my baby and I are fine. But I know people who refuse to drink caffeine. One small drink of tea will not hurt either of you.

3 Likes

Totally fine, but dont give honey to a baby under the age of 1

1 Like

Yup that’s all good!

Tea is fine, caffeine is fine as long as in moderation try to keep it under 200 milligrams a day (roughly around 2 cups) ginseng on the other hand should be avoided totally during pregnancy. The sip you had wont make a difference but prolonged thru pregnancy has been linked to birth defects and low birth weight.

1 Like

Jus asked my wife says yep yep don’t over indulge and no honey for baby under one years of age. Enjoy relax and cheers to a beautiful future with your new one on the way!!! :partying_face:

1 Like

Omg I craved honey (I was like Winnie the Pooh) in my first pregnancy- my favorite snack was honey from my cure little honey bear and I would just squeeze it in my mouth! It was fresh and local so it also helped with allergies :grin:

I drank caffeine while pregnant and it’s fine and so was my daughter. Just like with every day life in general - everything in moderation.

I drink a cup of coffee every day. I did the same with my 1st pregnancy, everything in moderation is okay. Just try to drink more water than anything else

Sometimes I read these questions and think is this seriously a question and then I realize how people are during their first pregnancy :joy: also though, if you already drank it why even ask at that point? Just saying :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

More than fine. Doctors say 2 cups of coffee is fine, green tea doesn’t have much caffeine.

Not a question for Facebook. Quick call to your doctor will get you an answer.

I drank coffee from the time I got up to the time I went to bed an both of my sons are healthy

The tea is fine. The honey is not. You can have fake honey, like corn syrup based, but raw, natural honey can cause botulism in pregnant women and babies under 1.

Why would it not be ok?

Honey is not safe during pregnancy

A green tea is fine just make sure you watch caffeine limits. Honey is fine if it’s pasturized

Always refer to your Dr when it comes to pregnancy😁

I drank tons of the celestial seasonings peppermint tea while pregnant it helped settle my stomach and soothe my throat

Honey is an issue if raw. As a tea should be fine in moderation. Best is ask your doctor.

Baby will be fine! No honey for infants. You’re obviously going to be a great mommy! Drink your tea in moderation and you’ll both be fine.

That’s all I drank my 1st pregnancy. I was obsessed with it then. Tea is own to lower your iron level so don’t drink it like I did. :rofl: 1 a day won’t hurt.