Is getting pregnant later in ovulation a bad thing?

I got my period back one month ago. 13 months postpartum. And this month I was late 6 days. Well I mean, I should say I ended up with positive pregnancy tests. But they were faint for being so late on my period. Conceiving from a late ovulation, I assume. Because it happened after my supposed ovulation by 6 days. So I suppose my question is, is conceiving on late ovulation a bad thing? Like it’s a silly question, and I’m in my head about it. But I just wonder if there is a risk for not ovulating on time and conceiving so late. I had bad cramping two days ago. Which I assume was the implantation, cause boy it hurt. No other symptoms beside late period, hunger, and the worst gas pains, ever.

4 Likes

No risk. 3/4 of my pregnancies were late ovulation.

All good, mama.
No extra risk.

You will not get a positive test until after implantation happens. However some people ovulate early and some late, it does not really effect anything and your date you ovulate can vary month to month. Congrats on the pregnancy!

3 Likes

If you’re worried, reach out to your OB and they can test HCG levels. I’m not saying to worry, but I’m saying trust your gut. If you need confirmation and reassurance, get it.

No but you’re probably going to have a GIRL!!:sparkling_heart: CONGRATULATIONS!

I have heard such mixed things on this, but I’m telling you from an infertility expert… Some people have literally gotten pregnant the week of their expected period. I’m an example. My egg hung on and never released. We saw and realized and took the trigger shot. It worked! Also during fertility treatment if the egg is not growing as fast as expected, medicine is still given a lot of the time regardless of time frame. 

Lort. Silly question for sure. You’re fine

1 Like

The simple answer is no. It doesn’t matter how “late” you ovulate… I’m not sure how you would even know what day you ovulated since your cycle just literally returned a month ago…

I’d recommend retesting in 24-48 hours.

4 Likes

If you are 6 days late, you didn’t ovulate 6 days ago. Most women ovulate 2 weeks before their period is due.

1 Like

You can’t get pregnant 6 days after ovulation, it’s only a 12-24 hour window. Your first period after almost 2 years of pregnant and postpartum is probably just jenky, but no danger mama

3 Likes

I usually ovulate late. Biggest threat IMO are ignorant providers who want to tell you to D&C multiple times because there is no heart beat… because they insist you’re 7 weeks and you’re really more like 5.5 weeks. Despite you telling them you KNOW your conception date.

Ask me how I know :roll_eyes: here’s my non-viable baby who turns 2 in a month!! I’ll always tell everyone I know to wait and get a second opinion. They apologized for my loss at 2 separate appointments, billed my insurance both appointments as miscarriages so my prenatal benefits didn’t start, and had the audacity to call me after my 2nd opinion to see if I still wanted to use their office.

1 Like