Is it bad not to gain weight while pregnant?

Im 32 weeks and have gained 20 pounds

I never gained weight, yall will be fine

I didn’t start showing until my 5th month you will be fine

I am 21wks right now and I have only lost weight this pregnancy. It depends on where u started too. I always lose weight in the beginning and gain the last couple months and my docs are perfectly fine with it and had ultrasound and my baby is weighing in just over a pound like she should so it’s fine as long as baby is growing well. This is baby #4 and all mine have been 7.5-8.5 lbs. So don’t worry

I’m just shy of 34 weeks and have maybe gained 7lbs? This babe is sucking everything out of me. Not once have they mentioned to me that I need to gain. I’m also being seen by multiple drs since I’m extremely high risk. All of my ultrasounds (I have a lot!) have shown that baby is big & healthy! I wouldn’t worry too much at this point…just make sure you’re taking care of yourself with proper nutrition since your babe is probably taking all of yours too :heart:

I always lost weight until at least 20 or 25 weeks.

I only gained 12 pounds by the time I was 32 weeks (he was born exactly at 32 weeks) but he was measuring right where he needed to be. At birth he was 3lbs 15oz.

I was like that. My dr put me on a zofran pump. Often it is used by cancer patients.

Everybody’s body is different. Some people lose weight, some gain weight or some not at all. Some people don’t even have morning sickness.

Don’t worry Mama. The baby is a perfect “parasite” . Just do what you can

1 Like

Just make sure your prenatal vitamins r getting to baby daily especially folic acid. If nit you may need to go to the hospital fir IV .

I’m 38 weeks pregnant and only gained 4lbs. If your doctor isn’t concerned then I wouldn’t stress.

I lost weight with my son because I was so sick with him and by the time i had him (he was 4 weeks early due to a midwives stupidity) I was back at the weight I was when I was 11 weeks pregnant with him he was 5 pounds 0.8 ounce but I think it’s because he was early babies gain all there fat in the last few weeks of pregnancy but length and stuff he was always measure right on que or a week or two over

I didn’t gain any weight til close to the end of my pregnancy and I only gained 14 pounds more then I was before I was pregnant but I lost a few pounds in the beginning and my baby came out 7 lbs 3.2 oz at 37 weeks and 4 days

My whole pregnancy I only gained 18 pounds. Baby boy weighed 8.2 so half of that was him and the other half was my placenta. I was 37 weeks when I had him

I’m 28 weeks and im still lighter than when i was first pregnant. Sometimes it just happens

I only gained about 20lbs my entire pregnancy. He was 6lbs 10z when born. I ate all the time but he took all of it.

I didnt gain anything at all with my doctor and she was completely fine but she was born premature and she was small every pregnancy is different I was bigger with my son and he was still small and I’m 21 weeks now and only gained 1 lb

My sis in-law is tiny (height/weight) she didn’t show or gain actual weight till her 6 month… before that I was kinda wondering what’s goin on… but it was just her n her body taking its time

I didn’t gain anything my first 3 months, its different for every mama i wouldn’t worry and id be thankful no morning sickness

I gained 12 pounds with my last child and only closer to the ends. He was 7’11 so a perfect size.

I’m 18 weeks and haven’t gained a pound!
It’s so weird.
But I’m not complaining. I know baby is fine- and thriving.

My other 3 kids I was gaining weight by 12 lol

I’m almost 17 weeks pregnant right now and I haven’t gained anything…my dr has delivered over 900 babies and he says I’m fine…he also delivered my four other ones… some women just dont gain weight… I wouldn’t worry about it unless you start throwing up as long as you’re eating healthy and drinking lots of fluids and baby is growing great I wouldn’t be worried

Dont worry about it. As long as you are eating right everything should be ok.Ivwasvthe opposite with both babies. I gained weight be just thinking about food. But I was back to my normal weight by my 6week check up. And I ate the same then. Everyone’s body is differant and every pregnancy is differant too.

I only gained 8 pounds my pregnancy, doctor was not concerned because my daughter was growing

I didn’t gain anything with any of my pregnancy’s until the last trimester and gained 40 pounds

Sometimes your diet while pregnant is healthier than what you might have been eating previously. Or, you may have a little extra weight on pre-pregnancy. The baby is getting the nutrition he/she needs from your body. I’m an OB nurse and have seen this many times. Good luck and God bless!

It depends on so many factors. My first I started out at 147lbs delivered at 165lbs. Only gained 18. My second I was 118lbs and still delivered at 165lbs. As long as baby is growing, you’re good.

I gained 11 pounds. My baby was 10.9!!!

I lost weight with my 3rd and 4th pregnancies before I gained

I lost 20 pounds and had a 10 pound baby. It is totally fine.

I’m 15 weeks and I haven’t gained anything I’ve actually lost

Feel lucky that u dont have morning sickness! :joy: but i did gain any weight while pregnant. I had such terrible morning sickness i LOST 20 lbs while pregnant by the time i went in to have him i was back up to my pre pregnancy weight and after i had him lost 35lbs. He was born 7lbs and 2oz! She will show less concern after an ultrasound and knows that your baby is a healthy weight!

I had a hard time at first, but I started drinking super healthy proteine shakes every night right before I went to sleep and I started gaining weight fast!

My youngest I didnt for a while I did twords the end with him I only gained 24 pounds he was 6lbs 14oz and 19 the smallest out of the babys so far

No it Does not mean she is going to be small my last pregnancy I lost a total of 30 lb I didn’t gain any weight until I was 27 + weeks and then by the time my pregnancy ended I had only gained a little less than 15 lb he was born seven pounds even just fine my doctor wasn’t concerned at all

Feel lucky you didn’t gain 100 pounds in pregnancy cause my son almost killed me. But jokes aside as long as the baby is growing i wouldn’t be too concerned about it.

I gained maybe 8lbs my whole pregnancy and my baby boy was 8lbs 3oz

I never really gained weight either. It wasnt until late in my pregnancy. I only gained 10 pounds and my son never made me sick. My son weighed 7 pounds when he was born.

I lost 40lbs when I was pregnant with my last my doc said it was okay that we don’t really need to gain alot of weight as long as I was eatting health everything was fine he said all in all by the end of the pregnancy that all you needed to gain was the weight of the baby and like 4 to 5 lbs over that. I ended up gaining 10lbs by the end and once I delivered I was 40lbs less then when I got pregnant. I was really sick up to my last 2 months and even then it was only bearable.

I only gained about 9lbs throughout my pregnancy and my little boy was 7lb 9oz, it’s totally fine xxx

I didn’t gain any real weight. I gained 10 pounds. Baby was 8 pounds, 8 ounces and 21 inches long. I’m thin. BMI is 19.4. Doctors were never concerned about it though.

I’m overweight and lost 60 pounds with #1 and 45 pounds with #2. 2 perfectly healthy babies, normal weights 6lbs. 12oz. And 7lbs 4oz. They’re 19 and 15 now and still perfectly healthy.

Only gained 15 lbs with my first and 20 with my second and both were 6lbs. Had severe morning sickness with both. So everyone is different but if your doctor is concerned, ask them for tips for gaining healthy weight

I lose weight with my pregnancies, not from being sick either, lost 30lbs with my first and 40lbs with my second. Both were over 8lbs, to be fair I was around 200lbs when I got pregnant so I just lost to a healthy weight.

Totally fine im on my third in i started gaining weight at 5 months.

I only gained 17 lbs. with my first baby, and he weighed a healthy 7 lbs., 3 oz. I lost 10 on the delivery table and the rest over the next couple of weeks. I guess everything I ate went to him!

It all depends on your weight before you got pregnant. If you were a few pounds heavy, the baby took that to grow.

I’m surprised the doctor is concerned. 17 weeks isn’t that far along. The baby gains most of the weight in the last month or two anyway!

1 Like

No could be totally normal only gained 20lbs this whole pregnancy and I’m 37weekw.

I’m almost 8 months and haven’t gained at all my ob isn’t worried I didn’t really gain with any of mine

At my last appointment (23 weeks) I had only gained 3 lbs. I carried a little extra weight to begin with. Baby is doing wonderfully and was measuring at least a week ahead at my anatomy scan at 19w. My doctor didn’t say a word about it.

Wait till your ultra sound sound

I lost weight in the beginning and end of pregnancy but I did gain at the end of pregnancy (I only got to 135) but I lost it all within a few days after birth anyways when I lost weight at the end of pregnancy baby kept growing and gained another pound even though I lost one.

I lost 10 lbs in a month after finding out. You really won’t start gaining until the 2nd trimester.

I think your doctor is putting fear in you. As previously said, you shouldn’t gain too much weight yourself, just your baby. Good luck with the pregnancy & delivery.

Im 24 weeks and have only gained 1 pound. :person_tipping_hand: shes perfectly healthy

I never gained more than 15lbs with all 3 of my kids and I ate like crazy. They weighed 5.5, 5.10, and 5.8 at birth.

I lost 30 pounds with my first. He was 9 pounds 3 oz

I had twins I only gained 25 pounds all that was baby and placenta’s don’t rush the weight gain you gain the most the last two months

Every women’s body is different I lost weight at the beginning of my pregnancy

Honestly I don’t see any cause for concern. My doctor told me he didn’t expect any real weight gain until late second and third trimester. In which that’s when I lost weight.

I actually lost weight whilst pregnant with my daughter. I wasnt dieting, i wasnt sick, i just ate healthy because i had Gestational diabetes. My daughter was on the small side but still healthy xx

No worries they use your stored fat as nourishment. My daughter lost 80 lbs and baby way born 5 weeks early and was fine 5lb 6 oz

It’s a girl for sure if you can’t gain, ironically enough. Just give it time, you’ll be gaining before the end of the pregnancy.

I didn’t gain weight or even know I was pregnant with my son till I was almost 20weeks didn’t gain wait till around 7 months as long as they watch the baby you should be fine momma keep eating

Very normal have seen alot of women not gain weight and still have healthy babies

Tell your doctor to check your thyroid to make sure that’s normal, most of the time it’s not a problem if you’re not gaining weight IF the baby is healthy measuring normal in size but sometimes it can definitely signify a problem either with you or the baby if you’re not gaining weight or the appropriate amount of weight. No doctors do not put fear in people doctors are there to protect your health and that of your unborn child their job is to prepare you and tell you what could be going on that way you’re not blindsided if something is happening.

It could be fine. I’m 31 weeks and haven’t gained much and my doctor isn’t concerned- in fact baby is measuring ahead! I would try not to worry until you get your results from your ultrasound

No I gained all of 16lbs with my first pregnancy and my little girl was 8lbs3oz

I lost 9 lbs in a month. During my pregnancy I gained 10lbs and she weighed 8lbs 7oz

i gained 18lbs and my baby was 6lbs 5oz i believe

Perfectly normal I lost 4kg in early stages with both my pregnancies. Regained it plus 4 more in last couple of months

After the initial 4 lbs that I gained (which is how I knew I was pregnant) I gained 1 lb the next month then 0 for 2 months. My dr had me see a nutritionist but I was fine. By 20 weeks I gained 10 lbs. Again at 30 weeks I had another ultrasound because my dr thought I was measuring small. My baby was fine, 7lbs 1 oz at birth. Give it time, you just might not gain weight until later.

I only ended up gaining 17 lbs with my last baby and he was my biggest baby. The baby will take what it needs from you.

I only gained 10 lbs with my first she was a month early but perfectly healthy!