Is it better to suffer mentally or financially?

I see everyone saying get out… Bc mental health is important… me and my husband left our home town moved down to Texas for a job and they left us high and dry… we had to barrow money to get back home and I immediately got in our semi and went back to trucking… we no longer have a home and wen we get home for 2 days we have to find a hotel or somewhere to stay, we eat out Bc we use to buy food and we wouldnt have a place to put it when we left… needless to say I much rather be getting help in the time of need to get back on my feet then to leave the help behind… the amount of stress and the toll it’s taking on my mental health and my marriage is NOT OKAY!!! use the help save the money and then u can leave… and I use to be a person that have too much pride and would not dare to ask for help! But sometimes you need it and it’s ok to need it!

Get out. I learned from experience.

Being grateful for the opportunity and realizing not everyone has help can really help, maybe its about perspective. You should always respect someone who provides for you, and your family, until you can manage on your own try to stay positive?

You can’t really ask that because I feel like it’s a person to person basis. I personally rather live uncomfortable for a short term period in order to come out on top financially. Who cares about his expectations now, when it’s for the greater good later.

Not to brag, but I do both :sweat_smile:

Financially because if your suffering mentally it’s going to create problems in every other aspect of your life anyway

I’m dealing with this right now and trust me suffering mentally is 100 times worse.

Girl don’t ever put your mental health on the back burner! You won’t have a marriage, a business, or anything else if you do. As for your FIL , your husband needs to have a discussion with him about what his HIGH expectations are doing to you. I say it’s high time to move out. Don’t fall victim to mental illness. You and your husband need to face this head on as a couple and work through the financial hardships that every couple experiences at least once in their marriage. You will be stronger as a person and as a couple once you do. Not to mention the pride that goes along with doing it yourselves.

Ignore him and focus on your goals. If you can.

Trust me… because of health issues I quit my job to care for m husband. While we waited for SSI to keep him financially we went through all our savings. We definitely learned to live off of nothing but in long run doing better. I don’t bother with anything that stresses me/ us out. Learn to live beyond means in long run I’m now saving money and happy.

Remember everything is temporary one day at a time.

1 Like

Can’t put a price tag on peace and happiness…

Financially for sure, becuase at least with ur mental state in tact you can plan accordingly to get yourself in a better position financially

2 Likes

Is there someone else you can move in with for awhile until things get better financially?

Stop trying to live up to “perfection”. Keep your stuff tidy, clean up after yourself, stay clean and follow the parents house rules. You are allowed to have time for yourself too, even if it is in the bathroom. Study your Bible, pray, meditate and listen to favorite music. Get to a therapist if needed and start saving money so you can move out sooner to your own place. Same with hubby! If he doesn’t understand your issues, he needs to and you are the only one able to let him in on their.

Living miserable? Not worth $$