Is it frowned upon to have a 3rd baby shower?

I had one for my first and second, 5 years apart and different genders. I had my last 3 back to back, they are 3,2, 10mo but didnt expect my last so i got rid of allllll my baby stuff with my third… but i would say no though, typically when those visit they bring something or if youre jn need i would do an amazon list

I grew up and my grandmas and mom always said only the first child gets a baby shower, after that your on your own and should be more prepared. Lol

3 Likes

To answer the question “is it frowned upon”… I would say yes.
Would that let it stop me if I didn’t have items needed for a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th child, nope! Shower away! People who feel its frowned upon either wont attend, or will get over it.

My son was 15 when I had my daughter and I never had a shower for my son. So my daughters shower was massive and everyone was so happy and super generous.

Each baby deserves to be celebrated it doesn’t matter how many you have

14 Likes

I had a Baby Sprinkle for my 2nd, also a boy, 1st is 2.5 so still had everything. Mainly was an excuse to catch up with friends for dinner child free

To some yes but I wouldn’t care what others thought. Its your kid, your pregnancy so I say do whatever you want.

1 Like

Everyone I know has baby showers no matter how many kids they have. I never got 1 for any of my kids. I had 2 very premature babies and came home to a full room of stuff after 12 weeks for the first and the 2nd, came home to a new house so no complaints here.

I say do whatever you want. Who cares if someone thinks its “unacceptable”. It’s your baby and you do what makes you happy!

1 Like

You’re excited for every child! So it should be celebrated. If you feel “bad”, then have a “baby celebration”… write on invitation, gifts welcomed but not expected.

I had 2 baby showers, but my 2 are 15 almost 16 years a part… so I had absolutely nothing baby.

After 1st it’s usually called a “sprinkle”… a small little get together with a few items needed

I have never heard of such thing. Who would frown upon that?

1 Like

Every baby deserves a baby shower.

1 Like

Yes!! I ended up with more of a sprinkle with my second but still… shower that baby❤️

I would have one. It’s a new baby after all

No I had one for all 4 of my kids

1 Like

First only… If at all… Its beggy… If people want to buy baby a present let them when they want…

1 Like

Every pregnancy is a blessing and every baby deserves to be celebrated but you shouldn’t expect to get everything you need. Not being mean but you know if you can or can’t afford another baby

1 Like

No. Its definitely not frowned on. Some may not agree but not everyone feels that way. Most don’t.

Every baby and pregnancy deserves to be celebrated :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Here in the south it’s generally expected that you’ll have a shower with each pregnancy even if you have a dozen lol. It’s a celebration of life and an opportunity for the women in your life to go googoo in the baby section if they want to bring a gift, but I’ve always said that gifts aren’t required to attend and have a good time. :heart:

It depends on your friend group and family. I had two each for all three of my pregnancies and they were all planned by my family, friends, and coworkers.

Every baby should be celebrated. They are blessings.

This is a silly question lol of course u can have a baby shower for every child u have, it doesn’t matter how many :laughing:

I had 2 girls 3 years apart and I only had the 1 baby shower (for my first). I was always taught and I personally feel, that having more then 1 baby shower is rude and greedy. And even that shower was atypical. It was a meet and greet, more a celebration of birth. It was held after she was born (so ppl would know the gender), it was held at a legion so there was a bar, no cheesy games or anything and both males and females were invited. For my 2nd daughter, born this May, we waited until her baptism and had a decent sized Baptism/Celebration of birth party. My mother got THREE baby showers but only had 2 kids. For me (her 1st) each side of the family threw her a babyshower, so she got 2. She also got one for my brother. She didnt want one but conceded because it was 7 years after me (she had no baby stuff), it was a boy and was a different father then mine. He was also the first born grandchild for his dads family.

I’ve seen people do one for every kid each to there own I had one for my daughter and for my son I didn’t I was just so miserable and tired I didn’t want one lols we just spent the money on big stuff lols

I think you should. Every baby is a celebration. I personally love buying baby gifts and being invited to them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I had two baby showers just for my rainbow baby, do as you please :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it’s YOUR baby who cares what others say, if you want a baby shower have a baby shower!

Each child should have a shower. Nothing wrong with it. Who made rules, there are no rules. GIVE NEW BABY A SHOWER, show your love.