Is it frowned upon to have a 3rd baby shower?

Is it frowned upon to have a baby shower for your third baby? I’m starting over completely. My youngest is three years old and will be four by the time baby comes.

18 Likes

You have as many baby showers as you want. Who cares what anyone else thinks.

10 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought each baby got their own baby shower.

Girl, have that baby shower!

14 Likes

For my 2nd and 3rd i did a diaper raffle. In hopes more people would show as opposed to it being a baby shower and folks thinking i should have what i need 🤷
It was a good turn out tho

I did but for my 3rd child I did a baby “sprinkle” which was pretty much a regular baby shower but just close family/friends

1 Like

I have 3 kids, 1 shower. And different genders. I didn’t want to ask people to buy more stuff for my kids

1 Like

No its not. Cheap ass people think if they bought for the first 2 they shouldn’t for the 3rd one, but if they dont want to buy for them then don’t . my sister had 5 girls and had a shower for each one!! You go ahead and have a baby shower for this little one!!

I had 3 baby showers just for my son​:woman_shrugging:t3:…do what makes you happy! :two_hearts:

1 Like

If you want 3 baby showers, you go have 3 baby showers.

4 Likes

Have that baby shower if that is what you want! I dont see any problem with it.

I’m pregnant with baby number 2 and will not do a baby shower this time just because hardly anyone showed to the shower for my first baby.

1 Like

I had 3 babies in 4 years and had a shower for each. 11 years later adopted two babies a year a part had a shower for each. Even had a teen shower when we adopted our teenager through foster. Everyone brought clothes, bedding, bedroom decor, just fun stuff.

5 Likes

I’m having a Baby Q instead of a baby shower, this is my 4th but 9 year gap

I had a big shower for the first and then we called it a sprinkle for the second. But you do you! Babies deserve to be celebrated :heart::heart:

I personally think it’s wrong, to have more then one babyshower, unless there’s a big age difference. Like 10 years. But to each their own

4 Likes

No! I had one just recently and my kids are 4, 1 & I’m expecting my 3rd right now. Why NOT celebrate? You’re bringing a new life into the world have a party and if people don’t wanna come then whatever just do a family thing :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I had two mostly because I have one boy and a girl!

I’ve had a baby shower for all 4 of mine! They are 17, 13, 8 & 9wks

1 Like

I have 4 kids 4 baby showers :woman_shrugging:

If someone wants to give you one, just invite people who you know would enjoy it.

We have done “sprinkle” showers. Not big gifts but smaller ones of things needed

You do you momma! I would say just don’t expect to get alot but, to each there own

I feel a baby shower is to celebrate the baby. So why would anyone only feel the first one should be celebrated and not the other?

10 Likes

Why not, you’re still going to need stuf.

I only had one for my first baby. But to each their own. If you want a baby shower, have one.

For my 3rd we did a gender reveal. We had a girl and boy before the 3rd baby so we had everything already. If ppl asked if we wanted anything I would just ask for diapers.

I will always go to baby showers. No matter how many kids someone has or showers they have. I feel like its a good way to show support and get everyone excited about a new life in the family.

8 Likes

No it is not. I love baby showers. I don’t care if you have 5 kids and 1 on the way I’m going to buy that baby something. My just be a pack of diapers but baby getting something.

4 Likes

We always looked at baby showers as helping 1st time moms get what they need to get started specially with so many 1st born babies not being planned. We celebrate them on their birthday each year. I have 4 kids had a forced joint baby shower for my 1st and I was 26 it was embarrassing granted I did appreciate the help

1 Like

Shit be grateful you even had 1 I hve 4 boys never had 1 baby shower

I had a baby shower for every pregnancy.

Have as many as you want! If someone has a problem with it they don’t need to come. There aren’t any rules for baby showers.

have as many as you want girl!

Honestly until I had my first kid, I thought it was tacky. But now, have the shower. You don’t have to do gifts, but a party to celebrate bringing a new little life into the world shouldn’t be looked down on.

1 Like

No such thing as baby showers when i was pregnant ! :blush::thinking::roll_eyes:

In my family that is absolutely frowned upon.

2 Likes

Each baby deserves their own celebration no matter what you call it or how it’s celebrated! To each their own. Other people’s opinions are irrelevant. They will come or they won’t, enjoy anyways

4 Likes

Every baby deserves to be celebrated. You don’t need to ask for gifts to have a shower. Just throw a party. (Well not now with Covid)

It depends I wouldn’t ask for gifts if you already have the things you need

i had s gender reveal for my 3rd

I think its so dumb to only have one. A new baby is a new baby and I think it should be celebrated i had a boy and when I got pregnant with my daughter no one almost gave me a baby shower luckily I ended up getting one for my daughter as well I think it should be like that

2 Likes

Do whatever you want!

I didn’t want one for our third, I had started buying diapers and neutral items before we found out gender. My parents had a surprise baby shower for us so I was brought to tears with excitement even though I didn’t want one I guess a big part of me did.

I was always told you only have one, but if you have someone willing to throw it for you and you have people wanted to come and gift i dont see anything wrong with it. My mom never came to any because she believed this but im still alive so all is well lol

A lot of people are having “sprinkles” a low key baby shower, where most of the items requested are smaller $ amts.

Its 2020, there are no rules. :joy::joy:

Also, I know of quite a few families that do. I say if your friends and family are game, go for it!

1 Like

Pfft. My youngest was 6 1/2 when his surprise sister was born.

It’s poor etiquette to have another baby shower

2 Likes

I was taught that a shower was to help with baby essentials, and that one was enough, as you should still have things like blankets and baby clothes and bouncy seat etc. I guess times have changed.

3 Likes

Have as many as you want.
I had 2.

Nope in my family every kid gets a shower. They all should be celebrated, not just the first one. Never understood that

8 Likes

We have 5 kids. Only had a baby shower with the first. With our second we did a meet the baby sprinkle. We already had or bought the big stuff ourselves but if people wanted to bring diapers or little things it was nice.

Nope. I’ve had baby shower BBQs for all 7 of my kids. I told people if they wanted to bring gifts they could but that I didn’t expect it. I just preferred having everyone together to celebrate our new kiddos coming into the world.

1 Like

I wouldn’t personally especially since the other kids are still so young. I just now started getting rid of things as we decided our one was enough and ours is going on 6. If it’s a different gender than the other 2 if of the same sex I wouldn’t personally.

Celebrate every baby!!! The end.

2 Likes

Baby sprinkle!! Not as big as a shower but still celebrating the little one, could do diaper/wipes raffle and just do a registry for the big stuff you need.

I had one just because it was a girl.

I had one baby shower with my now 7 year old , I now have a 1 year old son, a 2 year old son I didn’t have showers for them. and a baby on the way March 2021 I’m not having a baby shower.

Nope. Every baby deserves to be celebrated !

2 Likes

If you have nothing then why not have a welcome baby party :woman_shrugging:t3: I didn’t but it was personal choice. BUT I still had everything except clothes and bottles.

I did a shower with both of mine and made a registry of stuff I wanted/needed more for me to keep track but shared it with family and friends if they wanted to get something with my second they were both more to celebrate my pregnancy and baby than anything

Have as many as u want. I had 3. All my friends and family have had more than one.

I was always told it was bad etiquette to have more than one shower, so I kind of cringed at the thought of my friend throwing another shower for me w my 2nd but she changed my view. She told me, every baby was a celebration. And she’s exactly right!! Any one that wouldn’t want to celebrate another baby with you doesn’t need to be there anyway!! It doesn’t have to be about the gifts. But most of your friends and family will want to give your new little one something. Enjoy every second and celebrate!!

2 Likes

I think you should have a baby shower with every kid. I don’t understand why people only want to celebrate the first child. Doesn’t matter how far in age they are.

3 Likes

WHO CARES if you want/need a baby shower then throw one! I didn’t have a baby shower for either of my pregnancies and my second one would’ve needed it most lmao

I had one for each of my 3 girls, nothing wrong with that…celebrating a new baby!

1 Like

Nope. You do you, boo.

Yeah each baby i have i want a shower for i want to celebrate each birth and thats the way I think you do it right lol

Nope a baby shower for every child…I have 3 kids they all got their own. How is it fair 1 kid gets one and another doesn’t… not to mention if different gender…

1 Like

If you’re friends and family want to shower you then why not let them? Its to celebrate the baby and gifts are just a plus.

1 Like

Go for it! A lot of people give you gifts anyway… I had 4 kids with 2 big showers for the 1st and sprinkles for the rest. We also waited til after baby was born so it was a meet the baby party. This was 15, 14, 11 and 5 years ago

I’ve had older people tell me you should only have one for the first child but I don’t see an issue with celebrating with friends and family every time. I would go to baby showers for the 10th kid lol. Personally I didn’t plan a third since this will be my third girl and I’m a pack rat so I have more clothes the she will wear and I still have crib and everything. My future sister in law planned one for me anyway lol. Do what you want. If someone has an issue they don’t have to go.

2 Likes

Before having kids I totally thought that people should only have one shower, maybe a second if the second child was a different gender than the first. After having my daughter and now I am about to have my son, I feel like every baby should be celebrated. At my daughter’s shower everyone signed a square on a quilt that my grandma made for her, so I wanted the same thing for my son. We had a “sprinkle” and I pushed that gifts were not expected at all and that we just wanted to celebrate him and have everyone sign his quilt. We made it more of a cook out/gathering than a baby shower. We invited mostly just immediate family so it was much smaller than my daughter’s. I made a registry and shared it with those that wanted to get a gift. We really only needed clothes and diapers and that is mostly what we ended up receiving and I was very thankful. If anyone makes you feel badly about having one, they don’t deserve to come!

You do you, and if they don’t like it, they don’t have to show up.

I knew a girl who had a baby shower for each one of her 4 kids and the last 3 were all maybe a year a part.

I was given a baby shower for my first. My second I had to share with someone else and I wasn’t given one with my third. I wish that I did though because my first two were boys and my third was a girl. :relaxed:

I think the “reasons” have changed over the years. It used to be to help the young couple get the baby items needed, then you kept them all and used them through all your children. Now, its more of a celebration of the child. But even in the old etiquette, if you do not have baby items anymore, a shower is fine.

Each of my kids are 18 months apart. I had a shower for my first and a “sprinkle” for my second. I asked for only diapers and wipes for my second as she could use clothes from her older sister, but my family and friends still showered me with new clothes. My 3rd is a boy so I’m asking for another shower as we have nothing for boys. All of our supplies are pink and lavender

Clothes get spit on, or faded. Things get broken. If you, your family, and friends can afford it, bless them. Enjoy!

I didn’t realise it was considered starting over after only 4 years lol. But anyway, it’s up to you! Have a baby shower if you want one.

I’d rather do a sip n see for the third

Traditionally baby showers are only for the first baby. But it’s up to you, honestly. And if your friends and family want to buy you more shit for more babies. Lol

I had 1 large one for baby 1 and nothing for my other 2… I think maybe someone throwing you a sprinkle is a nice idea but having a huge party seems a bit extreme… Maybe that is just me being practical. Your youngest being 3 is not too old to still have some of your baby stuff hanging around. I think I would register for small things, if you decide to register at all… my oldest and youngest are 6 years apart and I had many of my things still from first kid to last kid.

One shower. After that if people want to give gifts that is up to them.

I’ve never heard of a baby shower for every child

I never even had one, to me it sounds kind of rude :woman_shrugging:

I never had one BUT . . . Everyone I know who did had one for each child they had

No. I had 1 for all 4 of my kids.

Ok. Called a sprinkle tho

I was told people have a baby shower with the first one, diaper shower for the second and gender reveal for the third but me personally if your starting completely over or if it’s a different gender I would still do it. I think people should celebrate each child how ever they want

3 Likes

Don’t let any one guilt you out of it. Women have not been preparing and storing every baby item they will ever have since they where infants themselves any more.

If you’re completely starting over there’s nothing wrong with that. My kids were super close together so we didn’t have a second shower, but different genders so there was a “sprinkle” since all we had was mostly stereotypical “boy clothes” and just a handful of neutral stuff.

I had a surprised 30th birthday party instead of a baby shower with my first. During my second pregnancy, my first son had to go through surgery so baby shower wasn’t on my mind. Now pregnant with third so think I might like a baby shower.

I’ve heard and had friends do a baby shower for the first one and then a “sprinkle” for the second and so on. So it’s a bit smaller and you typically wouldn’t ask for the larger items. More clothes, diapers and wipes…

Had one for my fourth thrown by my kids God mother. There is a 10 yr difference between her and the twins and she is the only girl so she was kind of a big deal in our family

I had a shower with all 3 of mine. My mom threw my first one, my friends threw my second, and my best friends threw my third. I never ask for them but who was I to deny? Especially my 3rd, was 7 years differnce from my last, so I was starting over as well.

I had a big shower with my first nothing for my second (they were only 2 years apart and both boys) they’re 8 and 10 now and I’m pregnant with my 3rd and first girl!! We’re going to have a small sprinkle for just the little things I dont want to ask people to spend a bunch of money when they’ve already for us once.

2 Likes

Some will say yes but I say no! Every baby deserves to be celebrated!

I had 3 baby showers. First one was traditional, the other two were sprinkles were I requested to just bring diapers if you want to bring a gift. We played games. I love an excuse to get people together and I dont care if anyone thinks its unnecessary. It’s to celebrate me bringing life to the world and each baby deserves recognition but secretly it’s just a party for me :grin: my 3rd one was called “diapers and donuts” I’ll bring the donuts, you bring the diapers. I am glad I did because I havent had to buy diapers for baby #3 and she is 8 months old now. Any little bit helps in my opinion.

I had big showers for my boys and smaller ones for the girls. my boys are 18 yrs apart. My girls came 2 and 5 year after the first boy. I pretty much started completely over at the point in my life where folks ask constantly if my youngest is my child or my grandchild

I’m on the same boat. My 2nd just turned 3. Expecting my 3rd. Don’t let anyone tell you what your life choices should be. It’s your life, your family, and you decide.

i’m 100% the wrong person to ask this. i believe there’s an unwritten law where you have one BUT times have changed. i notice a lot of people have “sprinkles” and showers for every kid! i did not. i couldn’t. i should say i wouldn’t! i had a shower with my first born (he is 14) then i got pregnant with my daughter (who is 10) and had to start over. by myself. and then we had my son (who is 8.) all three times,i gave everything away as i was “done” having kids :joy: i don’t go to second showers. i don’t like the idea. but that’s me personally and not many think like me. i always get my friends and their baby something after the baby is born though. (i know it’s sounds weird! but that’s just me :grinning: a big weirdo!)

2 Likes

My mom refused to let me have a sprinkle for my daughter her and her family said it was tacky. I had my son 6 years ago and I recently had my
Daughter I moved from Michigan to Las Vegas so I had nothing. I think a sprinkle or shower is fine I wish I would of had a
Sprinkle shower for my daughter.