Is it more painful getting your tubes tied after delivery?

So much easier to have it done at delivery since you’ll already be cut open and it’s one less pain to have to go through! I had mine done when I had my c section march 2020 and I healed rather quickly!

1 Like

They do it during the same time as delivery so you wont notice any difference than your regular recovery time

1 Like

I got mine partially removed during my section , barest added any time to the surgery and my recovery was 100% better than my first ! I was up and moving around 8-9 hours after the surgery and had only slight pain.

No issues. Best thing I have ever done

I had mine done during my csection, already knew without a doubt I didn’t want anymore children so it was a no brainer for me and I knew I was already going to be recovering from the csection so it just made sense to me. Good luck with whatever you decide.

1 Like

Ask your doctor not some on Facebook who does not really know. everyone is different.

2 Likes

If you do it afterwards it’s way better they don’t have to use gas to blow you up with so they can work properly. Whereas if you do it after you heal they use gas blow you up and then you expell it passing uncomfortable gas and you feel soooo bloated on top of still being sore from birthing

1 Like

No reason to have 2 surgeries. You won’t even notice if you get it done at the same time.

1 Like

3rd section was a breeze! I’d definitely do it at the same time!

Easier at time of CSection.

I’ve had 4 csections and my last one i got my tube tied. The first few weeks I couldn’t tell a difference. But then after that I would notice a different type of soreness in my lower stomach and I’d have to remind myself it was probably the tube being tied. But nothing that was unbearable or anything. I’m glad I got it done at the same time and didn’t have to go back in at a different time and get that done!

Do it right after delivery

Do it at delivery. I did and was glad it was over. It only hurt a little.

You should have gotten it set up during C-section probably too late now

I had mine done after my 3rd csection. It didn’t feel any different than my first or second. The decision is up to you.

I had mine done during my c section. I do wish someone had informed me of post tubal ligations syndrome prior to having it done though because I would never have done it. Just do some research and make sure your fully informed before going through with it. I think you have to sign off on having it done 30 days prior to having it done though.

You won’t even notice…

I got my tubes tied at the same time as my 3rd c-section and it was actually my fastest healing process, personally.

It was fine. No regrets.

You won’t notice. Do it at the time of the c section.

You won’t notice! Definitely do it right after

It did for me it was my third c-section and I swear the pain was the worst.

I had my tubes removed after my last csection. I did not notice any difference in healing or pain. I think, based on my experience, you should be fine!
Just keep in mind that a csection is major surgery and it will be painful regardless in the healing process.

Do it right after the C section and healing time is the same and trust me worth it

My doctor tied my tubes literally right after my last c-section before they closed me up. I didn’t feel any different than I did after my first c-section since my tubes and my c-section wounds healed at the same time.

1 Like

The pain from the csection is all you feel. There wasn’t any noticeable difference to me.

No that’s how i had mine done the day after I delivered my son. I also had them take out my appendix at the same time. I didn’t have a c section I was able to do vagal delivery.

Had mine done right after delivery. Didn’t feel any different than giving birth. Easier I think. Just my opinion

I just had my tubes taken out with my c section. Fast recovery maybe because it was my 3rd c section. But it was nothing more for sure.

My dr made me wait because she said I was still so young. I ended up having to take more time off work later for something that could have been easily resolved

I’d do it while you were open you won’t notice much more pain rather than have to do another procedure.

Get done at the same time as been told better recovery all round as only one surgery

I was supposed to get mine done last year and I got.scared and backed out. I’m now currently pregnant with twins and due in Dec. This will be my child number 4 and 5 and I will be giving birth right after I turn 31 . If there’s a chance you want more children discuss this with your husband or s/o if there’s a absolute nope no.more kids mindset then go.for.it while you’re already open in surgery. As soon as I was told I’m pregnant the offer for being fixed was out and I accepted lol. My youngest turned 1 in May this year and i.found out in April I was a few weeks pregnant. (And was on the birth control that goes in your arm) best wishes on your delivery mama!! P,s this will be cesarean number 4 for me. My first 8 years ago was emergency cesarean and all the others have been scheduled cesarean

1 Like

Had mine done rite after my c section didnt feel no difference no point in having another surgery when I was already opened up

I had 3 also.i got mines tied right after delivery.i wasn’t trying to take that chance of another baby

Had mine done it’s no more painful than the first c-section

No, get it done while they already have you cut open.

It’s no different. Have them done when you have your c-section.

Got mine tied right after c section with 2nd child. Recovery was easy

Do it right after delivery

Have it done at the same time.

It is not painful at all

My doctor tied my tubes before they stitched me up after my last C-section.

I did mine at the same time. It wasn’t horrible

I’ve had 4 Sections and a tubal with my last 1. Recovery isn’t any different.

Wasn’t an issue for me

Got mine tied done at the same time and although my recovery was absolutely awful and couldn’t stand straight for weeks on end it seemed, I would still do it the same way. Periods are awful
Now every
Month when before I never had any cramps and only light bleeding… now I bleed a ton, can’t use tampons and always in bed first two days cause the cramps are so bad and I have been told it’s from tying tubes.

No it’s not. It’s easier if anything cause your already cut open. It saves you having to be cut open again

I had it done when I had my 3rd and I don’t regret it not one bit. Its much easier getting it done while already having the baby

Do it at c section, they already have access. It’s easy 1 and done.

Do it right after so you won’t go through double pain

I had mine done at same time as 3rd c section thought it best to get it all done at once :grin:

I got mine tied the same time I had my 3 rd c section and can honestly say I didn’t find much difference in recovery .

Yeas! My second one was much more painful! I had my left tube removed and right tube clipped