Is it normal for baby to stop moving so much at 30 weeks?

Tw 30 weeks pregnant and my baby’s movement has decreased a lot. I’ve tried eating sweets and drinking something cold. Laying on my side. I’m waiting for a call back. Has this happened to anyone else and everything was fine?

1 Like

Yes it happens when the baby doesn’t have as much room to move at the end of a pregnancy. Get checked anyways to ease your mind.

My little man was turned around and didn’t kick a whole lot until I did some exercises to turn him. To be safe I’d see if you can get in for an ultra sound :heart:

Yes it can be normal as they run out of room but also better to be safe than sorry … if you’re worried get checked

I would still get in for an ultrasound but my baby didn’t move very often past 32ish weeks because he was running out of space

My second child almost never moved . I had to had non stress tests every other day from five months to the end to make sure he was alive . He was actually late and was a perfect bill
Of health! 31 years old now !

Movements shouldn’t change.
There is plenty of room for baby. They do not slow down. Go get checked at the hospital.

2 Likes

If you ever notice a change in pattern, decreased or diminished movements- go to get it checked out.

4 Likes

My kids slowed their movements around this time. I had someone tell me it’s not right but it really is. I would get checked if you don’t feel anything for an extended period of time though. You can never be too safe.

Go to the er. Don’t wait for a call back.

1 Like

Fo your kick counts. Eat something sugary and cold it should help. Go to ER if your concerned dont wait.

Baby is pretty squished in there now. If worried go to Dr to get checked

Get checked. Can also drink carbonated beverage.

Yup. And she is now 12 sitting next to me at the dr cuz I think she has strep. If your concerned, call the dr.

Yes, they are running out of room

movements aren’t as sharp as it’s getting tight in there. if you feel like something is wrong go get checked. mother intuition is key

Babies do not “run out of room” nor should your movements EVER change or slow down. Please call labour and delivery NOW!

They start to run out of room in there and that can make movement slow down. But definitely talk to your doctor! And if you really feel like something is wrong, tell them you want baby monitored!

Movements should NOT slow down but may CHANGE as baby gets bigger. If you’re worried please go see your OBGYN or midwife. You can download the app kick counter to help keep track and monitor babies movements :heart: