Is it normal for your entire body to hurt after labor?

Is it normal for your entire body to hurt after labor? I only labored like 20 minutes with my first and then had an emergency c section. I labored 4 hours yesterday after a spontaneous loss. The pain of the contractions was so bad that I tore my throat from screaming because they wouldn’t listen to me about the pain so I didn’t get any meds until it was almost over. Then I had to stay in bed for two days at the hospital, couldn’t even get up to walk around. About 24 hours after the delivery, every muscle and joint started aching worse than I’ve had even with the flu. It’s still that bad. Even turning my neck to the side hurts.

18 Likes

It’s probably from holding your body tight from the pain. So sorry you’re going through this. Hang in there. It gets better. Give it time. Give your self grace. Give yourself kindness. Talk to yourself as you would a dear friend :heart:

yes after i had my son (also my first) i was sore the first two months couldn’t even pick up baby or go to the restroom on my own(vag delivery)

What does the doctor say?

Yeah that’s definitely normal

1 Like

The epidural did this to me agonizing pain when I moved anything with my first child

I don’t know the answer to your question, I just want to send you hugs and prayers, I’m sorry for your loss.

Nope , not normal.Had such pain and turned out to be Sepsis. Get checked out.

I’ve always had body aches for a few days after birth. I’ve had 4 kids. The last 3 were precipitous and unmedicated. Usually hits about 24 hours after and is gone within 24-36 hours. I’m so sorry for what you’re going through.

2 Likes

I have an autoimmune disorder that I didn’t knew about but triggered many miscarriages and Can definitely trigger a late term loss. I was able to carry my last pregnancy full term with blood thinners and after the delivery I noticed also my body being sore. As a precaution after being under two blood thinners my hematologist did some test and they noticed some levels they measure to see the risk of getting a blood clot was elevated. I was told it happens after a pregnancy or body can be triggered and if we have an undiagnosed autoimmune disorder it can be triggered. I am wondering if that might be your case. I am sorry for your loss. Allowed the time to process what happen. Use the support of someone who can listen.

1 Like

shoulder and neck pain is commonly from the drugs they give you during labor if you got pain meds

Mama, any form of trauma and loss can make you feel like you ran a marathon and was hit by a truck as you crossed the finish line. I am so, so sorry for your loss. Take the ibuprofen, drink lots of fluid, grieve in whatever way you see fits, and rest as much as you can. Praying for healing days to come :white_heart:

6 Likes

Continue to reach out to your Doctors/GYN Nurses until you are better…Listen to your body…pain is telling you something…You shld be improving,not worse.
Sincere condolences for you in your loss.
Godspeed your health and well-being.:muscle::heart::pray:

I would get it checked. Was the sac in the right place? Could it have been ectopic or could you have retained some of the pregnancy? Please get it checked.

I don’t think it’s normal
To have that level of pain.

After five births I never had what you describe. What does the doctor say?