Is it normal that I only gained 1 pound so far in my pregnancy?

So im 6 months pregnant… and i had an appt today with WIC and they are concerned i only gained 1 pound the entire pregnancy…

17 Likes

I lost 46. I was heavier when I got pregnant and super sick. Had a healthy almost 8lb baby!

I had terrible morning sickness for the first 5 months and lost weight so by the end I didn’t gain that much. Is your doctor concerned?

I lost almost 70 lbs when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was followed very closely as I have cardiac issues but I was perfectly healthy and my daughter was born and still is healthy.

I only gained like 4lbs with my 2nd child. Completely normal as long as baby is growing.

You’re okay. I gained 7lbs and I’m 30 weeks. First pregnancy I gained 60 lbs lol so I’ll take it :joy:

I only gained 7 and my baby was 7.4 pounds.

I lost over 60lbs this pregnancy I am 34wks I only just finally gained 4lbs an then ended up losing 2lbs a week later ! Every pregnancy is different as long as baby is healthy an you are healthy that is all that matters!:heart:

As long as you’re healthy and able to eat and drink enough water. I have gained about a pound going into my fifth month.

With my first I I didn’t put any weight on until I was 7.5mo. They stayed concerned about me! I only put on 9 pounds the whole pregnancy. I had a 7lbs baby who was perfectly healthy!!
Long as YOU feel okay, and the baby is developing fine, then it’s okay. Do make sure you are taking care of yourself.

I lost weight during pregnancy and towards the end I only put on 11lbs in both pregnancies :grinning:

I’m on my 2nd pregnancy & have lost 6 lbs since my first appt- but my doctor isn’t concerned as baby is growing perfectly fine & bcuz I’m eating healthier & cut out sodas.

Depends on your BMI prior to pregnancy however your suppose to gain your most weight during your second trimester. I’m currently 6 months as well, I am expected to gain 28-40lbs and i have gained just under 20lbs so far.

I lost 30 lbs when I was pregnant with my son. And he weighed 7 lb 6 oz. My OB wasn’t concerned. But I was also overweight and had a clean diet with my son

I lost 15 lbs in the first trimester with my two youngest daughters. Then I gained that back plus about 5lbs more. I was overweight at the time so I was happy about it. Everything was fine.

I lost weight while pregnant. I was 124 when I got pregnant and went down to 117 around 6 months. I was perfectly healthy.

My last baby I kept loosing weight was down 15 pretty pregnancy weight finally last trimester around 32 weeks I gained about 10 pounds and had a big healthy 9 and half pounds baby

I lost weight with all mine

That’s where I was too. My ob didn’t have an issue with it. I ended up gaining 10lbs my 3rd pregnancy. He was 6lb 13oz and 21" at 37+4. He was my biggest and I gained the least.

1 Like

It can be normal for some. I was pregnant with twins and only gained 14 lbs. One baby was 5lbs 3oz and the other was 4lbs 2oz.

I lost 19 lbs when i was pregnant with my 1st and 17 lbs with my 2nd one i never gained any weight

I didn’t get a pound, but I’m overweight anyways, so I’m kind of thankful for that

During my second pregnancy I lost weight until I was almost 8 months a long. Then I gained 10 at the end. By the time I had his, I was lighter than before I got pregnant.

I only gained 2 pounds technically . I was 200 when I got pregnant . Lost 30 pounds . Then at my last appointment I was 202 . There was never any concern .

I lost 25 pounds in my last pregnancy & didn’t start gaining till almost 30 weeks. I only gained 9 of the 25 I lost.

1 Like

I gained5 lbs my entire pregnancy my ob said they aren’t as concerned about weight gain and sometimes it better not to gain a lot of weight.

I lost 15lbs during my pregnancy. As long as the baby is growing according to how far along you are on the ultrasound then its fine.

2 Likes

I actually lost weight with my second one, it depends on the woman and her health.

WIC will always find something to give “concern” about. If your doctor isn’t worried, then you shouldn’t be, either.

I only gained 3 lbs my entire pregnancy with my second baby. I didn’t have morning sickness either. My daughter was born 7lbs 10 oz and perfect

1 Like

As long as your Dr says it’s fine, it’s fine.

I didn’t put weight on till nearly end of my pregnancy then it went up 3 stone. Then after the birth of my twins I lost 5 stone I was 3 stone lighter than before I got pregnant my twins were 6.6 and 6.15.

I had hyperemesis gravidarum in the 1st trimester of my pregnancy and lost 25 lbs. Around 22 weeks I started rapidly gaining weight and ended up gaining a total of 55 lbs throughout the rest of my pregnancy.

I didn’t gain weight til i was 33 weeks. I’m 37 weeks and I’ve gain 10 lbs lol

1 Like

My 2nd pregnancy I gained 3 pounds, lost 50 when they weighed me before leaving the hospital. I was so sick with morning sickness I could hardly keep anything down. That was 26 years ago and my doctor did not care how sick I was. The morning sickness lasted the entire pregnancy. If they are worried about the baby they can do ultrasounds to monitor baby growth.

1 Like

is your obgyn concerned?
with all four of my pregnancies i didn’t gain much weight. I was pretty much all baby. my doctor wasn’t concerned. i actually lost a few pounds during my 4th pregnancy.

I’m almost 5 and I’ve lost 5lbs?

With all of my pregnancy’s I lost weight in the first 5 months & then BAM gained it all back & more :sweat_smile:

I’m 39 weeks I gained 9lbs and lost 5lbs. I am plus sized anyway so it isn’t concerning as long as baby is growing on track you’re fine.

2 Likes

With my second pregnancy I gained very little weight. I was very concerned but my OB was not. He stressed that the less weight gain the less worry of complications. As long as the baby is growing and shows no signs of issue during ultrasound. Good for you. Consider it a blessing. Everyone is different and so is every pregnancy. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I lost 11 and then gained 8. I left the hospital weighing less than when I got pregnant. She was 8 lbs 2 oz. And I honestly don’t know how I lost weight. My belly was huge.

I lost weight and had a healthy 7lb 11oz girl.

I maintained the same weight +/- a few pounds. The OBGYN said this common in women with long torsos because the baby had plenty of room to grow.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a big concern with my second baby I went from 175 down to 142 the doctor told me he was taking more fat from me then what I could consume and it isn’t a big big concern unless I’m having problems. My fourth I did the same but only lost about 10 lbs during that one the did an ultrasound and said everything looked fine so they wasn’t worried

I gained 1 with my first but what i didn’t gain with the first i sure as hell gained with all my other pregnancies😂

I lost almost 10kgs while pregnant with my first because I was so sick from 6 weeks pregnant till the moment she came out of me at 30 weeks
Currently 35 weeks with my 2nd and I have put on about 5kgs and they are more worried about my size this time then the first time and I’m bigger then I was the first.

Each person and pregnancy is different, I wouldn’t be to concerned as long as they are saying bubs healthy at the end of the day that’s all that matters

I lost 25 lbs with my last 3 pregnancies.

It’s all good. I lost 60 pounds one of my pregnancies and gained none. She was 6 pounds 14 ounces.

If your doc isn’t worried I’m sure fine

Every mom is different. Drs aren’t supposed to push the weight thing any more. Neither should WIC

1 Like

As long as the baby is growing, no need to worry!

depends on your body type and how much you weighed before you got pregnant

My sister gained 1 lb. BUT she was super strict with her diet because of gestational diabetes. She herself lost weight but her baby was growing.

It’s not a concern unless the baby isn’t gaining weight and there’s no underlying issues detected

I always lost some weight I got sick a lot and bad food aversions but gained it back towards the last trimester

I am 8 months and haven’t gained any :woman_shrugging:t3:

Everyone is different I lost weight during my pregnancies.

I was pregrant twice once with twins and didn’t gain weight

2 Likes

I only gained 2lbs by the time I delivered my 2nd

Depends on your size and weight before, your activity level. Is baby healthy? Because honestly, that is the biggest concern.

I lost 25 pounds from morning sickness lol

I’ve had 3 babies
1st I gained 15 pounds
2nd I gained 11 pounds
3rd I gained 9 pounds

I gained it slowly in the last few months and that was it. I wasn’t overly sick with any of them besides one in the beginning. They all weighed over 7 pounds. And no one questioned it. If your baby is measuring correctly and your ultrasounds and everything look good I wouldn’t be concerned

1 Like

These nurses, or whatever, at wic seem to be very overbearing/controlling and find everything a concern. If your OB is not concerned then I wouldn’t be either.

5 Likes

As long as the baby is growing and your ob isn’t concerned you should be fine. More Than Moms

I’m also 6 months pregnant and have only gained 5lbs :woman_shrugging: I’m healthy and so is baby and he’s measuring ahead :upside_down_face:I wouldn’t be too concerned until YOUR doctor says so.
The WIC people are kinda assholes most of the time lol

I lost weight due to acid reflux! Could eat any rubbish!

If you have had severe morning sickness, and vomiting a lot, this, is to be expected. I lost 17 pounds, with my 1st pregnancy, before I started gaining. I gained that 17 pounds back, and 6 extra pounds. My baby was a premie tho, and she weighed 4/7 and a half. My 5th I lost 14 pounds, an gained that 14 pounds back and another 10. He weighed, almost 6 pounds. The children in between, were all 5 pounds, and not much weight gained. It all depends on your body, and how it except being pregnant. If your doctor, is concerned, then he will figure it out. Wic, oh wic, I just love them!! Let your Dr., know their concerns!!

That’s totally normal. My first pregnancy I lost 50lbs. My son was 7lbs 3oz. I wouldn’t be too concerned about what the people at WIC are saying. If you’re really concerned, contact your Dr.

Depends! I was overweight with both my pregnancies. First one has hyperemesis and lost 30 during pregnancy and another 10 postpartum. She was 8.11lbs and 2nd pregnancy I gained only 12 lbs. I don’t think I had gained much by 6 mos and he was 5.5 weeks early and still big at 7 lbs. So, it only matters what your doctors says. Was this person a doctor?

As long as the baby is gaining that’s all that should matter

I know people who have lost weight while pregnant because growing a baby was burning calories, burning their extra weight. If they’re concerned, they’ll do an ultrasound and see what baby is weighing in at, as long as baby is correct weight, you’re completely fine. Probably you just losing a little as baby gains so it’s evening out.

That depends on a variety of factors, but only your doctor can tell you if it’s nothing to worry about. It’s not unheard of, but it’s not normal. I lost 13 pounds with my second child, but I was overweight when I got pregnant and I ate much healthier once I found out I was pregnant and still had a healthy 8 pound 10 ounce baby.

If you are overweight to begin with it’s common to not gain much at all or even lose weight.
If you are underweight it’s recommended to gain more.

Thank god my WIC is still over the phone. I literally never listen to how they feel it’s my Dr’s or my kids Dr word that matters only. They can have their opinions but they aren’t dr’s

I’m almost 6 months. I was 185 before pregnancy, I went down to 177 from morning sickness in the beginning and i havent gained any back, i am still at the 177. 3rd pregnancy. My doctor isn’t concerned bc baby is actually measuring a little ahead and is healthy.

First pregnancy I gained like 30 pounds and baby came out at 7 lbs 14 oz. Now the second one I was loosing weight till the last two months I gained only 8 pounds and baby came out weighing 8 lbs 3 oz

In all 3 pregnancies i barely gain weight. I usually lose about 10lb and maybe just gain that back?. My first i lost 10 and gained 12 i know that for sure. Recently i had a memory with my 3rd that i just started gaining weight at 38 weeks🤷‍♀️ i dont think its anything to be concerned about at all. Think about those women who have cryptic pregnancies? They litterally measure nothing