Is it normal to bleed while pregnant?

I am 12 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I had 1 miscarriage before the first child where the baby had died and did not pass naturally and I needed a d&e. Late last night I got up out of bed and there was blood on the sheets. My underwear had a good amount of blood on them. I cleaned myself up and saw there was still fresh blood, but after putting on a pad, there was very little blood overnight. I did not see clots or tissue. I did not have cramping or pain, but I did have a strange “weak” feeling that I can’t really describe. Maybe it was from nervousness, I don’t know. Everything seems normal now in the morning. As it is Saturday, I can’t get into my doctor. Should I go to the hospital to have things checked out? Has anyone else had bleeding at this stage?

27 Likes

I would go and get checked at the hospital to make sure everything is ok. I have never bleed while pregnant, though I know some women that have. When I miscarried at 13wks I saw blood. I went in and that when they told me that I was having a miscarriage. Praying that isn’t the case for you, and that everything is fine